Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: When Lee comes back
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I really hope we dont bench Walters. Im loving what this kid does. He's got glue hands and very reliable plus hes got good chemistry with Bortles. If anything, put Lee on punt returns.
Once lee gets back at full strength he is a much better player than Walters. Walters is a good receiver in a possession stand point but lee can take a quick screen or slant to the house.
I watched him quite a bit in college, Lee is a good player. It's such a shame to see him so riddled with injuries.

Quote:I watched him quite a bit in college, Lee is a good player. It's such a shame to see him so riddled with injuries.

The best ability is availability.
When Lee comes back, if they "bench" Walters, it'll last about 20 minutes.

Quote:The best ability is availability.

You're not wrong about that, I fear it will ultimately derail his career. He was a 1st round talent coming out of USC, if he lives up to his potential the Jags' receiving corps will be scary (watching the AFC South since 2003 and I never thought I'd say that).
Quote:You're not wrong about that, I fear it will ultimately derail his career. He was a 1st round talent coming out of USC, if he lives up to his potential the Jags' receiving corps will be scary (watching the AFC South since 2003 and I never thought I'd say that).
I don't know if it will derail his career.  In many cases like this, players who deal with the injury bug in the manner Lee has where it's nagging injuries, eventually get beyond the issues by coming up with stretching routines and training regimens that will allow them to avoid things like hamstring injuries. My hope is that Lee is one of those guys who gets past the injury issues and becomes a productive player in this offense.  It may not happen this year.
Quote:I don't know if it will derail his career.  In many cases like this, players who deal with the injury bug in the manner Lee has where it's nagging injuries, eventually get beyond the issues by coming up with stretching routines and training regimens that will allow them to avoid things like hamstring injuries. My hope is that Lee is one of those guys who gets past the injury issues and becomes a productive player in this offense.  It may not happen this year.

It is worrisome though that he is injured for the crucial years of his development, but you're right that their the types of injuries that will pass with time and care. He also could just be one of those players who deals with nagging injuries for his career, ore importantly you have to hope he doesn't let this affect him psychologically.
Walters has earned the #3 spot. Put Lee as the #4 and PR until he proves he can be relied on
With his quickness, Lee has the ability to get open quickly.  Given the Jag's OL ineptness to keep pressure off Blake, Lee's quickness would be a very nice addition.  I think we'd still see Walters in the WR rotation. 

Waiting for Lee

[Image: samuel-becketts-waiting-for-godot-1-728....1322310314]

Quote:Walters has earned the #3 spot. Put Lee as the #4 and PR until he proves he can be relied on

Rashad Greene will be the PR when he returns, which is likely to be before Lee.
Quote:Walters has earned the #3 spot. Put Lee as the #4 and PR until he proves he can be relied on

Agreed. Walters earned his playing time
Quote:When Lee comes back, if they "bench" Walters, it'll last about 20 minutes.
This. Because that's how long it will take for Lee to get hurt again. 
Remember when CSIII was our only decent receiver?

Lee and Greene coming back is a nice problem to navigate.

Lots of talent at WR right now.

Also- when Lee is ready to get on the field they likely will ease him in. He won't be out there for 40 snaps right away. It will be easy to split some time with Walters and Greene and evaluate effectiveness.
As far as I'm concerned, Lee doesn't play for the Jaguars.

I'm with McManus. Scratch Marquise Lee from the roster. He's a marshmallow.

Lol Lee
When he comes back he needs to earn his spot back, its that simple. If he stays healthy and can play worth while then its his spot. However I bet we see BW/ML/RG all get time when healthy and our O will look amazing Big Grin

According to Bortles, Lee returns this week.

The video clip is on the front page.

Assuming Hurns can play, this will be the first time all year we'll have Hurns, ARob, Lee and Thomas available and on the field at the same time.

I sure hope we can protect Bortles and give Yeldon room to run.

The passing game should be productive under those circumstances.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5