Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Blake Bortles was 8-10 for 220 Yds and TD's on passes that traveled 20 or more yds downfield yesterday
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
We're looking at one of the very best young players (not just at the QB position) in the NFL, Blake still makes his fair share of mistakes but he's an unbelievable playmaker, imagine what he can accomplish in year 3,4,5,6, it's a scary thought for opposing defenses. A healthy Marqise Lee is only going to make Blake better as he's a YAC machine, hopefully Lee comes back this week. This has been another tough year but it has a different feeling, and it's because of Blake and the A-team. 2016 should be fun assuming we shore up the holes on this roster.

He sucks. Just ask Baconator, Jaginitus, COwhatever, Thunderbuns...

He is going to be so damn good.

We finally found him.  We found THE guy.

Now can we get THE guy to coach him?  This team is a good coaching staff away from winning this damn division and this year we are just [BAD WORD REMOVED] it away.  

This stat line from Blake is impressive.  Good post.  I can't wait to see what a healthy Lee can do with this offense.  It will be nice to get Greene back too.

It would also be nice if Thomas would stop eating the twinkies.

Quote:He sucks. Just ask Baconator, Jaginitus, COwhatever, Thunderbuns...

Ignore the trolls, what's impressive is Blake is doing this with 2nd receivers and a running game that is non-existent.
Quote:He is going to be so damn good.

Now can we get THE guy to coach him?  This team is a good coaching staff away from winning this damn division and this year we are just [BAD WORD REMOVED] it away.  
Bill Cowher?
Quote:He is going to be so damn good.

This stat line from Blake is impressive.  Good post.  I can't wait to see what a healthy Lee can do with this offense.  It will be nice to get Greene back too.

It would also be nice if Thomas would stop eating the twinkies.

This is why I'm excited, yea the losses stink but at least we have a QB. Another free agent class, a healthy Fowler, along with (potentially) another top 5 pick should make this team a legitimate contender in 2016.
This offense is going to look great with Sean Payton at HC...........

Quote:This offense is going to look great with Sean Payton at HC...........
Hue Jackson

Payton at OC

Cowher at DC

Soup in bowls!

And Blackmon? I heard he's coming.

This would be epic, the head coaching job here in Jacksonville is one of the very best in all of sports. An owner that doesn't meddle and is committed to winning, a team full of young talent especially on the offensive side of the ball, the most cap space in the NFL, and the likely additions of two top 5 draft picks, does it get any better than that?

[Image: giphy.gif]

I didn't want to derail the thread too much but man the thought of this....

Quote:This is why I'm excited, yea the losses stink but at least we have a QB. Another free agent class, a healthy Fowler, along with (potentially) another top 5 pick should make this team a legitimate contender in 2016.

I agree minus one piece missing.  This team is never going to be a true legitimate contender with the coaching staff in place.
Quote:I didn't want to derail the thread too much but man the thought of this....

I agree minus one piece missing.  This team is never going to be a true legitimate contender with the coaching staff in place.

I agree, this young team needs a coach that is going to hold them accountable on a consistent basis. I saw a picture of Julius Thomas on instagram the other day and the guy is carrying at least 20% body fat, that's unheard of for an NFL skill position player not named Eddie Lacy. Why was he allowed to get so fat? I think this is a direct correlation to the atmosphere Gus has created in the locker room.
I can't even right now.....
Quote:Bill Cowher?

Snap yes.
I honestly cannot complain about the losses right now.

This is the most optimism that I've had since my oxygen was depleted on that infamous day (April 26, 2009) when we traded our 2010 2nd round pick to draft sleeper Derek Cox in Round 3 of the 2009 draft.  That selection started the historic downfall of the Jags.

I love the big plays. It's amazing how much of an improvement that's been over last year.

He's gotta do a better job in short and intermediate passing though. Watching Mariota yesterday, I have to hand it to him - the guy makes great decisions close to the line of scrimmage and delivers the ball on the money. He really puts his receivers in a position to turn 2-5 yards into 10+.

Quote:I love the big plays. It's amazing how much of an improvement that's been over last year.

He's gotta do a better job in short and intermediate passing though. Watching Mariota yesterday, I have to hand it to him - the guy makes great decisions close to the line of scrimmage and delivers the ball on the money. He really puts his receivers in a position to turn 2-5 yards into 10+.

The two aren't comparable as they're in completely different situations, especially yesterday. Mariota against that awful Saints defense literally had all day to throw at times, he also had a running game. Blake has neither, he's productive while getting pressured on most of his dropbacks.
Quote:I honestly cannot complain about the losses right now.

This is the most optimism that I've had since my oxygen was depleted on that infamous day (April 26, 2009) when we traded our 2010 2nd round pick to draft sleeper Derek Cox in Round 3 of the 2009 draft. That selection started the historic downfall of the Jags.
I consider taking Derrick Harvey in 2008 to be the point of downfall... and then Quentin Groves. Yuck.
He's good.  Just need to keep him developing, get better coaching, and keep trying to improve the O-line.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5