Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jaguar Armegeddon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What a difference a few days makes.

Just earlier this week:

The 49ers hit rock bottom by benching Keapernick for Gabbert.  The 49ers were the laughing stock of the NFL.

That same night, Andrew Luck looked god aweful in a huge loss against the Panthers.

The next day the tacks fired Wizenhut for Mike Mularkey.  Mularkey, the coach that untill today was considered the worst HC EVER.

It was heady times from Wednesday of last week to Sunday right before kick off at 1PM EST.  Jaguar fans felt that we were no longer the bottom feeders of the NFL.  Clearly the 49ers and tacks were now the jokes of the NFL.  And while the clots may still be a bit better, wow, didn't Luck look terrible on Monday night.

Now, it's 8PM EST.  

Gabbert beat the Atlanta Falcons.  Mularkey coached the tacks and Merchis Merryattass to a huge win against the Saints, and the clots beat the undefeated Broncos.  All while the team that Senderick Marks said was being handed the AFCS got tooled out by the NY Jets...

This, to me, is the lowest that we've fallen this season.  I don't know how it can get any worse...  Oh wait...  We can get swept by the tacks...  Which appears to be a very real possibility.

Crazy bizarro world stuff.
Gabberts stat line wasn't that great.
Quote:Gabberts stat line wasn't that great.

Yeah, but who cares?  He won!  We lost.  

Who would have though a Gabbert led team would beat anyone?  And yet, Gabbert won.  Mularkey won.  Luck beat the undefeated Broncos.  

Just a few days ago, 99.9% of the Jungle though we were in pretty good shape...  The outcome of this day is a low point in our history, if you ask me.  The only thing that makes this worse is when a Mularkey let tacks team beats us...
^Lol.

The only AFCS team to lose today (while having a chance to get in the lead)?

Yup,, the Jacksonville Jaguars.

Colts 4-5 (3-0)

Texans 3-5 (2-1)

Jaguars 2-6 (0-2)

Titans 2-6 (0-2)

Jags n Titans losing both their division games to Colts and Texans.

Man,,,, depressing
Quote:Yeah, but who cares? He won! We lost.

Who would have though a Gabbert led team would beat anyone? And yet, Gabbert won. Mularkey won. Luck beat the undefeated Broncos.

Just a few days ago, 99.9% of the Jungle though we were in pretty good shape... The outcome of this day is a low point in our history, if you ask me. The only thing that makes this worse is when a Mularkey let tacks team beats us...

I am part of the .01%. We were lucky to beat a jobber backup led team and all of a sudden people are starting playoff threads. The bye week caused Gus amnesia this week.
Quote:I am part of the .01%. We were lucky to beat a jobber backup led team and all of a sudden people are starting playoff threads. The bye week caused Gus amnesia this week.

Probably...  But you gotta admit, this week looked like a redemption week for us.

Instead, it became an indictment week for us.

Gabbert and Mularkey won.  2 guys that are terrible in the NFL.  And yet we looked worse...  It's sad.

And for anyone that says, well we played a tough Jets team.  Gabbert played a legit Falcons team that is 6-3 and Mularkey beat a high powered Saints team...  

Its pathetic.  Nobody should be trying to defend Bradley right now.  It's obvious he sucks.  That's all I'm saying.  If this Sunday, with all that has transpired, doesn't verify the fact that BeerGut needs to go then I don't know what will convince you.

No, it didn't. We have to get lucky and count on other teams playing below their standard to even have the slightest chance of winning.

This team lacks the killer instinct.
I thought we could score and move against the jets D.... we did. Our pass defense is still in witness protection and special teams are still 'special'. Our very young offense is very promising. They are fearless.
Quote:I am part of the .01%. We were lucky to beat a jobber backup led team and all of a sudden people are starting playoff threads. The bye week caused Gus amnesia this week.

Pretty much.  I especially enjoyed the threads about the Jaguars controlling their own destiny while conveniently forgetting they are one of the terrible teams like the other teams listed.
Quote:Pretty much.  I especially enjoyed the threads about the Jaguars controlling their own destiny while conveniently forgetting they are one of the terrible teams like the other teams listed.

But be honest:  

When you heard that Mularkey was taking over for the tacks, and Gabbert was the starter in San Francisco:  Did you not feel as though we were going to be better off than those 2 teams?

Heck we may still be...  But you can't honestly sit there and tell me that you still felt that the tacks and 49ers were better off this week then we were...  I mean, seriously, did you not think that we would at least look better than those 2 teams this week?  And even the clots?  

lol he handed us 3 turnovers in 2 minutes (literally), and still almost beat us, I wasn't sure where all the optimism came from. 
Quote:What a difference a few days makes.

Just earlier this week:

The 49ers hit rock bottom by benching Keapernick for Gabbert.  The 49ers were the laughing stock of the NFL.

That same night, Andrew Luck looked god aweful in a huge loss against the Panthers.

The next day the tacks fired Wizenhut for Mike Mularkey.  Mularkey, the coach that untill today was considered the worst HC EVER.

It was heady times from Wednesday of last week to Sunday right before kick off at 1PM EST.  Jaguar fans felt that we were no longer the bottom feeders of the NFL.  Clearly the 49ers and tacks were now the jokes of the NFL.  And while the clots may still be a bit better, wow, didn't Luck look terrible on Monday night.

Now, it's 8PM EST.  

Gabbert beat the Atlanta Falcons.  Mularkey coached the tacks and Merchis Merryattass to a huge win against the Saints, and the clots beat the undefeated Broncos.  All while the team that Senderick Marks said was being handed the AFCS got tooled out by the NY Jets...

This, to me, is the lowest that we've fallen this season.  I don't know how it can get any worse...  Oh wait...  We can get swept by the tacks...  Which appears to be a very real possibility.

Stellar way to end the weekend. Glad I had some whiskey before I read this post. Time to go to sleep and put this behind us.
Having the Colts beat out Peyton Manning's Broncos was a bit of a kick in the you know where after watching the Jaguars lose, and Titans win against the saints...

sigh... HC Gus Bradley is who they all said he was a loser...

time to go in a different direction, the owner needs to fire gus & let marrone be the interm HC (you know to see how he does to consider him as the HC next year) otherwise they need to start taking interviews...
Depressed indeed! Mathematical possibility to [even have a chance] to win the division just became reality impossibility. With the current defensive scheme, beating the team coaching by Mularkey is going to be a tough task.  

Quote:Gabberts stat line wasn't that great.

Yet... a win.

Great thread! :thanks:
Quote:No, it didn't. We have to get lucky and count on other teams playing below their standard to even have the slightest chance of winning.

Lacks a COACH with killer instinct...... we have a CHEERLEADER for a HC..

FIRE HIS [BLEEP]
Quote:Depressed indeed! Mathematical possibility to [even have a chance] to win the division just became reality impossibility. With the current defensive scheme, beating the team coaching by Mularkey is going to be a tough task.  
Depressed indeed! The Mathematical possibility of [even having a chance] to win the division just became realistically impossible with the current defensive scheme, beating a team coached by Mularkey is going to be a tough task.

Hope this helps.

and.. realistically...I agree.

Mularkey will probably take a knee near the end of the half time if the Jags get a lead... hehe

Quote:No, it didn't. We have to get lucky and count on other teams playing below their standard to even have the slightest chance of winning.

I don't know about the team lacking a 'killer instinct', but as you said, it is obvious that "We have to get lucky and count on other teams playing below their standard to even have the slightest chance of winning."
Pages: 1 2