Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Do your job
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
If we catch the punt, tuck the ball instead of dancing around in the pocket, not get caught holding on the most important drive of the game...we probably win. Simple stuff. Just do your job. That wasn't done today.
Quote:If we catch the punt, tuck the ball instead of dancing around in the pocket, not get caught holding on the most important drive of the game...we probably win. Simple stuff. Just do your job. That wasn't done today.

We should hire some people who's job it is to tecah our players this kind of stuff and work with them throughout the week on these things so they can do it well during games, no?

I think other NFL teams do this and it seems to work OK for them.
Quote:We should hire some people who's job it is to tecah our players this kind of stuff and work with them throughout the week on these things so they can do it well during games, no?

I think other NFL teams do this and it seems to work OK for them.

I think you can teach until you're blue in the face. But then the players still have to go out and do their job.
We literally had multiple chances to win and threw them away. We didn't deserve a win
Quote:I think you can teach until you're blue in the face. But then the players still have to go out and do their job.

But they don't. They lose focus, make critical mistakes, and don't make plays when it matters. So they aren't doing the jobs they should be.
Gus is one of the worst head coaches EVER.

We picked the wrong one.  Thankfully we can correct that after this season.

This team has talent.  Talent that needs better coaching to fully develop it.
To think that we could actually take the lead in the division....

Someone give me something to cope with.

Quote:Gus is one of the worst head coaches EVER.

We picked the wrong one. Thankfully we can correct that after this season.

This team has talent. Talent that needs better coaching to fully develop it.

Hate to say it, but I doubt he goes anywhere. My bet would be that he stays. I hope to God that isn't the case. Hopefully we don't make the playoffs this year with a losing record (somehow), Gus is given walking papers after week 16, we reload with another top pick, Fowler comes back, we get a good HC, and we compete for the South next year.
Quote:To think that we could actually take the lead in the division....

Someone give me something to cope with.
Titans look like they want to win the AFCS
Quote:Titans look like they want to win the AFCS
Stop, this makes it worse....

My retinas are burning....
It is focus dude. It's 100% focus. Gus Bradley can't instill discipline in his players.
stop giving the ball to players like Marshall and Corey Grant and we would probably be 4-4

Who decides not to put Walters in the game when you are getting the final possession on the punt? SMH

Regards..................the Chiefjag

Unbelievable Blake got us to the 5 yd line ready to take the lead...NEVERMIND holding. Then, Blake holds the ball too long, then doesn't protect it and gives it up because Joeckel/ poz whoever was on that one fails at grabbing it. Such a swing from about to win to losing the game.

Gus is an idiot. Blake Bortles literally has to do everything to pull up the slack.

While I'm on this subject, can someone please tell me why we would go for an onside kick when we did? There was 2:17 left on the clock after we scored. We had one timeout. If Myers kicks it into the end zone, we would still have the two minute warning plus the timeout to stop the jets.
Quote:Who decides not to put Walters in the game when you are getting the final possession on the punt? SMH

I concur.

I understand that they wanted a chance for a return,, but keeping possession on that punt was absolutely critical.
Quote:Gus is an idiot. Blake Bortles literally has to do everything to pull up the slack.

While I'm on this subject, can someone please tell me why we would go for an onside kick when we did? There was 2:17 left on the clock after we scored. We had one timeout. If Myers kicks it into the end zone, we would still have the two minute warning plus the timeout to stop the jets.
Did you see our defense?
Quote:Gus is an idiot. Blake Bortles literally has to do everything to pull up the slack.

While I'm on this subject, can someone please tell me why we would go for an onside kick when we did? There was 2:17 left on the clock after we scored. We had one timeout.
If Myers kicks it into the end zone, we would still have the two minute warning plus the timeout to stop the jets.

Because the Jets kicker was hurt. There's not much of a chance they'll be able to kick the field goal if they recover and it gives us a chance to potentially steal a possession. I have no problem with the call. The actual kick attempt could use some work though.
Quote:Hate to say it, but I doubt he goes anywhere. My bet would be that he stays. I hope to God that isn't the case. Hopefully we don't make the playoffs this year with a losing record (somehow), Gus is given walking papers after week 16, we reload with another top pick, Fowler comes back, we get a good HC, and we compete for the South next year.

I can't watch another year of a Gus coached Jags team. I can't.
Quote:Who decides not to put Walters in the game when you are getting the final possession on the punt? SMH

we keep putting the ball into some of our worst player's hands.

Corey Grant in Tampa.

Toby Gerhart in London.

Nick Marshall as the punt returner almost every game.

Those players have not proven anything worthy of having the ball in their hand.  

Many of our losses are directly attributed to horrible coaching.  Just let your best players have the ball and see what happens.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6