Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Missouri football players to boycott until president Tim Wolfe resigns
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nca.../75399504/

Boycott? That's a waste of taxpayer money on their scholarships.

Just watch and be amazed to see how much change one week without football can accomplish. Sadly, I am sure it will make a bigger difference than just about any other action.
Quote:Just watch and be amazed to see how much change one week without football can accomplish. Sadly, I am sure it will make a bigger difference than just about any other action.
This. A couple of massacres later, the boosters and alumni will be screaming for Wolfe to step down as well--and their voices will be heard.
Quote:http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nca.../75399504/

Boycott? That's a waste of taxpayer money on their scholarships.

Football makes the school money. The kids aren't costing taxpayers anything.
Faculty "walk out" to happen today.

Curators meeting scheduled.

This school will see some change. Kudos to these kids for helping to bring it about.
So what exactly did the president do wrong? Why does he deserve to be essentially fired?

The "leader" of this boycott believes that Planned Parenthood being banned from performing abortions on campus is "racism", this alone should discredit any credibility he has. Now some idiot smearing a poop swastika on the wall and another drunk idiot saying an offensive word is the presidents fault? This just sounds like a witch hunt to eject the current president to get a president they like in his place.

This kind of stuff further develops the racial divide growing in this country. Minorities and women have more power now than ever before in history, and even get preferential treatment via affirmative action which totally obliterates the meritocracy this country was built on.

I don't know much about this one, what did this guy do?

When i saw planned parenthood in the list of grievances i gave up on it. If this countrt knew what eugenics is...
And now i find out the university had to end a healthcare subsidy program for grad students. Why? Obamacare. So that makes the president a racist? Lol.
If they don't play, they don't get their money for their scholarships.  I find it convenient none of them have a description of the perp.  Seems really "odd." Fire Pincle for supporting this.

In fairness pincle has little choice. When hes in some kids livingroom he has to show he stands with his players.
Well he just resigned. Again, what exactly did he do wrong to be essentially fired? This is insanity. This job was probably his livelihood and career and he got forced out for what looks like doing literally nothing wrong. He lost his career for nothing (apparently).

I am curious to see who replaces him

What a mess.  It's sad he lost his career from political pressure.  Now everyone who has a "movement" knows they can force their beliefs on others, or there will be consequences.  PC is a real problem in our great country.

Yes, the poor man.  I'm sure the $460k/year he made will not last him.  How dare students protest how he handled things!  They should just accept how he handled it and hope things change instead of trying to do anything about it.

Good to see that the football players have the power. I would guess that university presidents across the country and getting a little worried about this.

Quote:Yes, the poor man.  I'm sure the $460k/year he made will not last him.  How dare students protest how he handled things!  They should just accept how he handled it and hope things change instead of trying to do anything about it.

How he handled what? What should he or shouldn't he have done instead? All I can find is that the University President didn't respond to a vandalism complaint.
Quote:Yes, the poor man. I'm sure the $460k/year he made will not last him. How dare students protest how he handled things! They should just accept how he handled it and hope things change instead of trying to do anything about it.

Why are you so upset he makes that much money. I'm sure he worked hard his whole life to achieve that. His salary has absolutely nothing to do with the issue that's going on.

Can't believe people hate people because of the money they make. It's called America. If you work hard, you can achieve alot. This is one of the things makes America the best country this world has ever seen.
Exactly. This wasnt about reasoned expression of grievance. This was about leftism in a box marked social equality and getting people to act before thet have a chance to even know what theyre protesting.

The guy had to resign because obamacare sucks?
Quote:Why are you so upset he makes that much money. I'm sure he worked hard his whole life to achieve that. His salary has absolutely nothing to do with the issue that's going on.

Can't believe people hate people because of the money they make. It's called America. If you work hard, you can achieve alot. This is one of the things makes America the best country this world has ever seen.
Why should I feel bad for him when he's made plenty of money.  It's not like he's going to be living on the streets or anything.  People talk about it as if he lost everything, and doesn't have enough money to live.  

I mean if he didn't save enough money, then that's his problem isn't it?  Isn't that how you conservatives think?  Or is that just for those of us who don't make six figure salaries?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8