Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: ESPN - Outside the Lines Trans Wrestler wins Texas State Title
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/bre...story.html

OK .... this has gotten out of hand ....

Mack Beggs 

Born - Female

Trans to Male

Taking testosterone for over a year.

Wins Texas Girls HS Wresting Title (the State of TX did NOT allow Mack to compete in the Boys division)

Apparently it was ok for Mack to take testosterone, a banned substance, since she was in the transgender process.

ESPN focused on the trans part and fans booing but ignored the fact that Mack was allowed to take a performance enhancing substance; perhaps that's why the fans were booing !!!

[Image: 1487980744-NS_24MackBeggsB15.jpg]

I don't know how long civilization will survive.

[Image: vlzXHlv.gif]

They're special people...so they get special privileges.

Quote:I don't know how long civilization will survive.

.... just sayin' --- totally unfair playing field.
Quote:.... just sayin' --- totally unfair playing field.

No one said life is fair.
Should have competed with men's group.
Quote:Should have competed with men's group.

Should have gotten the psychiatric help that she needed before damaging her body.
The fact that anyone would think its ok for a transitioning female on testosterone for two years to wrestle against other girls is amazing.   The common sense here is right in your face, yet some here will justify it.

Sure the rules need changed, but many people here think there is nothing wrong with this. 

"No one said life is fair" until your daughter is getting pounded on a wrestling mat by a girl with an abundance of medication specifically meant to make her a man. 

I can't wait for the typical posters here to continue to spin.  If you are unwilling to admit this never should have happened then there is no hope on seeing eye to eye on the other obvious improprieties in society.

Quote:Should have gotten the psychiatric help that she needed before damaging her body.

I don't know how much that would help. How difficult would it be for you to give up your own self-indentity?
Quote:I don't know how much that would help. How difficult would it be for you to give up your own self-indentity?

I think you are referring to marriage --ha !!  :thumbsup:
Quote:I don't know how much that would help. How difficult would it be for you to give up your own self-indentity?

I wouldn't.  "Self-identity" is a psychological/emotional condition.  Gender sex is a physical condition.  If I started to "self identify" myself as a female I would seek professional psychiatric help.  When it come to humans, gender sex is binary.  There is no "other" when it comes to gender sex, and it is physically impossible to change gender sex.  A male can "self identify" as a female (mental), damage his body by taking female hormone pills, and even go so far as the "lop it off" surgery.  He is still male according to his DNA.  The same goes for a female going the other way.

I would think that you being the (fake) scientist that you are would certainly understand this.

Quote:I wouldn't.  "Self-identity" is a psychological/emotional condition.  Gender is a physical condition.  If I started to "self identify" myself as a female I would seek professional psychiatric help.  When it come to humans, gender is binary.  There is no "other" when it comes to gender, and it is physically impossible to change gender.  A male can "self identify" as a female (mental), damage his body by taking female hormone pills, and even go so far as the "lop it off" surgery.  He is still male according to his DNA.  The same goes for a female going the other way.

I would think that you being the (fake) scientist that you are would certainly understand this.

Sex is biological, gender is cultural and social.
Quote:I don't know how long civilization will survive.
Sure, focus on the agenda as opposed to what is right.  Would a male who wants to remain a male be permitted to take testosterone?  How about a female that wants to remain a female?  When the subject of "slippery slope" is brought up the left typically poo-poos the idea and labels the individual that brought it up as a fear mongering neanderthal. 

There is an issue here RJ whether you want to admit it or not.  What would be your response and attitude if it was your daughter that took 2nd place?
Quote:Sure, focus on the agenda as opposed to what is right. Would a male who wants to remain a male be permitted to take testosterone? How about a female that wants to remain a female? When the subject of "slippery slope" is brought up the left typically poo-poos the idea and labels the individual that brought it up as a fear mongering neanderthal.

There is an issue here RJ whether you want to admit it or not. What would be your response and attitude if it was your daughter that took 2nd place?

They should have let him wrestle the males. The conservative morons want to gripe now?

Again have you watched any of the videos? The adults are being shown how to behave by the kids.
Quote:Sex is biological, gender is cultural and social.

Point taken.  You are correct and I edited my prior post to reflect that.
Quote:They should have let him wrestle the males. The conservative morons want to gripe now?

Again have you watched any of the videos? The adults are being shown how to behave by the kids.

Except that she is not a "he".  She's still a female regardless of how she "identifies".
Quote:Except that she is not a "he". She's still a female regardless of how she "identifies".

First. Not sure why this bothers you! Has zero to do with you.

I am sure he would have rather wrestled the males and finished winless.
Quote:They should have let him wrestle the males. The conservative morons want to gripe now?

Again have you watched any of the videos? The adults are being shown how to behave by the kids..

Had Mack been allowed to wrestle against males there is still the issue of "performance enhancing drugs" regardless of the outcome.  That is the issue here.  Feel free to continue to defend your agenda regardless of any reasonable opposition though.
Pages: 1 2 3 4