Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: NFL Coordinators and Assistant Coaches That Are Doing More With Less
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Yea Olson has been great

Quote:Yea Olson has been great

Hes been far from great
Quote:Hes been far from great

Well then he has been better then Fisch.
Well everyone harped on the fact that the Oakland offense was 32nd and the Jags offense was 31st and that we were going backwards hiring Olson.  Currently ranked 24th in points and 25th in yards.  I expect that to continue rising since the passing game is clicking well and Yeldon gives us a running game.  Jags should end up maybe 20th in yards and points if Bortles stays healthy. 

Quote:Well then he has been better then Fisch.

I would of did better than Fisch.
Quote:I would of did better than Fisch.

Ask Madden?
Quote:Ask Madden?

Ask Deez
I wasn't a fan of the hire, but so far, I think he has done pretty good. Minus the gerhart goaline runs.
Quote:I would of did better than Fisch.

I suppose proper grammar is not truly important for a good OC, so I guess we can't immediately dismiss you as a superior replacement.
Great learning bridge to the next OC.

Olson is a great developmental coordinator/coach. But I don't think he cuts it as a gameday schemer and play caller.

He is definitely necessary for the development of the long term future of Bortles and the offense.
Quote:Ask Deez

Deez who?
Is this offense the best Olsen has ever put together? He had a good one in St Louis but I think this one is younger and has more promise.
Quote:Is this offense the best Olsen has ever put together? He had a good one in St Louis but I think this one is younger and has more promise.

That rams offense had Bulger throwing for 4000+ and Holt & Bruce both had 1000+. I think Steven Jackson had like 2000 from scrimmage. Offensive rankings were easily top 10.
Quote:Deez who?

DEEZ .... well im sure you get it.
Y'all realize they are basically crediting him for all of Blakes improvement and how the other young guns are doing. They basically think nothing of the Jags players. Olsen has been better that most any recent Jags Offense Coordinator, but he is not doing the most with LEAST.
Quote:Hes been far from great

Everything is terrible.

-NYJags1016
^^^lol

Gottem!
Quote:Deez who?
Deeeeeezzzz NUTTTTZ
I agree with 'jagshype' that olsen has value as a developmental coach. But I also see his play calling as unimaginative and narrow minded, which leads to scenarios like the one in London... attempting to run the same goal line play four times in a row with the same ball carrier. C'mon man... 

So while I think he's good for a team with a particularly young offense, I don't see him as being a good long term coach here. I could easily see him as the HC of a college team though. Frankly, I credit the growth and gained experience of the players for the better stats far more than the play calling.

Pages: 1 2 3