Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The Great Ryan Mallet
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Sounds like coach and GM are at odds about the decision too. 

Love these franchises imploding around our division.

This was my comment on him from the very beginning.

The guy just doesn't have it all together upstairs.

Someone make sure TMD is ok
Are you kidding...the final piece of the TMD championship puzzle just fell into our free agency lap.

Do it, Dave. Do it now.
Quote:Sounds like coach and GM are at odds about the decision too.

He isn't serious enough about the game, and when he is on the field he isn't near good enough to make up for his immature behavior.

I'd be surprised if he lands a backup job anywhere. To Canada with him! Or to the closest coke dealer. Kiss that 1+ mil goodbye.
Mallet is trash, Belichick wouldn't have replaced him and then let him go if he was going to be any good.

Quote:Mallet is trash, Belichick wouldn't have replaced him and then let him go if he was going to be any good.

Nah man. Mallet is HOF caliber. Pair him with Stephen Hill and watch out.
Think about it... We could very well see 3 new coaches in the AFC South next season, with the division winning coach possibly on the hot seat. You figure Rick Smith will prob win that battle in Houston, Whisenhunt is on the hot seat with a grossly pedestrian Titans team, and Pagano is as good as out the door in Indy.

If Gus can't turn it around, his seat is getting warmer by the minute, too. What a mess of a division... Hopefully, we can capitalize on a hospitable last half of the season. If so, could 6-10 win the division?

Quote:Sounds like coach and GM are at odds about the decision too. 

That's not how I read it.  It sounds like they were in agreement that he needed to go, and only disagreed because O'Brien wanted to cut him when he missed the team charter, and the GM wanted to wait because that would have left the team without a backup for the game yesterday.
My son, major Jags fan, who lives in houston now said

the feeling around houston was that mallet was a "few pickles shy of a barrel" and needed to go.

Quote:My son, major Jags fan, who lives in houston now said

the feeling around houston was that mallet was a "few pickles shy of a barrel" and needed to go.

I do not understand. Pickles? Barrel?

How about just simply bad qb.
Wasn't O'Brien and Mallett a dream team as per TMD?

Quote:Wasn't O'Brien and Mallett a dream team as per TMD?
If only the Texans had signed Stephen Hill. My, what could have been...
It was supposed to strike fear into us

Then again,plenty of people said that about clowney and watt
Quote:It was supposed to strike fear into us

Then again,plenty of people said that about clowney and watt
50% of the Clowney/Watt duo has been terrifying for a few years now.
Quote:50% of the Clowney/Watt duo has been terrifying for a few years now.

thats the only 50% that ever will
I will admit. Never having seen him play, I was a little concerned when the tinhorns signed a guy who sat behind Brady in the Pats system for that long. 

Glad it worked out the way it did.

I would have loved for the HBO cameras to capture that exit interview if there was one. I bet he acted like a child.

I picture a cross between the guy quitting on Half Baked and Rick Vaughn when he thought he got cut.

Yep, just like a good cheeseburger and fries can be a dream combination.
All that said I think he would be a good 3rd string pickup if he could be had for league minimum salary. He has talent that is good enough to be a solid backup.
Pages: 1 2