Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Bortles has 15 TDs thru 7 games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Only 3 QBs have done this under the age of 23. Matt Stafford and Dan Marino.
I think his rate of TD's will increase after the bye week.  Shooting for 40tds at the end of the season barring no injury, all games played.

Bortles could QB sneak into the probowl if he gets better refs and better chemistry with receivers. 

Quote:Bortles could QB sneak into the probowl if he gets better refs and better chemistry with receivers. 
What? Better refs?
36 TDs, 4k
Quote:Only 3 QBs have done this under the age of 23. Matt Stafford and Dan Marino.
This is a not great factoid. Who cares how old whoever was when they blah blah blah. The point is Bortles is actually good. We not only drafted a good player in the first round, we drafted a good QB! I am so dang excited I feel an ice cream party coming on![Image: iceream_cron.gif]

I think it's a great factoid. ^^
36 tds 25 ints
Of the Jags ever discover a really good running game that's consistent every week,, the Bortles TD numbers may slow down slightly as they won't have to rely on a passing TD every single time they get near scoring position.

It's still great to see the TDs being put up by the QB!

The offense still needs to get much better though. It was really dreadful yesterday except for 3 drives. How many consecutive 3 and Outs did they post? It was bad.

Thank Goodness Bortles came through at the end when they had to have it! Especially after they had been basically shut down for a quarter and a half. That was very clutch!
One of the nicest things about Blake's current stat line is:

Last year at this point in the season, possibly as much as 20-25% of his production had come in the dreaded "garbage time." 

We've seen very little of that this year.  And although there are two or three games on the schedule that may see that scenario again - here's hoping we see even less of it moving forward. 

Good to see. The bad decisions are easier to swallow when he is getting positive production.

Dude is still a young player. Yeah not a rookie but still prime to make some mistakes. Think about it this way, there is one end of the spectrum, (a lot of TOs little production) then there is the other end high production low turnovers.

Some guys start at one end and work their way up, or never move.

Bortles moved from one end to mid way after one season. Yeah he still throws INTs and pick 6s. And we don't want any... but if they come with multiple TD days... I'ma take em.

As opposed to Geno Smith... or other young QBs (Freeman) that maybe shined and faded quickly.

A lot of people want to trash Bortles for his aggressive and sometimes foolish mistakes. But it is part of who he is, and if we end up with the second coming of Favre, I'd be pretty OK with it.

This is why I'm not worried about a coaching change. Bortles is handling his business and that's the most important thing. Wouldn't Bortles attract some decent consideration by important names in coaching? 

I'll join the others who are making predictions. 31 TDs and 14 ints. Running game marginally improves leaching scores and attempts.
Quote:What? Better refs?

Yeah that one got me too.
Quote:I think his rate of TD's will increase after the bye week. Shooting for 40tds at the end of the season barring no injury, all games played.

As long as he stops throwing red zone picks
All time NFL Pick 6 leaders.

1 Brett Favre

2 Dan Marino

3 Joe Namath

4 Peyton Manning

Blake  is a risk taker in the mold of Farve.  I'll take it.

I would have liked to have seen Bortles QB Sneak on the goaline yesterday....

Quote:One of the nicest things about Blake's current stat line is:

Last year at this point in the season, possibly as much as 20-25% of his production had come in the dreaded "garbage time." 

We've seen very little of that this year.  And although there are two or three games on the schedule that may see that scenario again - here's hoping we see even less of it moving forward. 

Is it though? IMO, twoTDs to Hurns were garbage time (one vs. Pats, one last week). Also, his production in the 1st half (and the drop off) to the 2nd half has been well documented. It's not like he's slinging TDs left and right in crunch time.
The Three and Outs were (are?) disconcerting but I don't put all of that on the QB. There was one really really bad throw that he made yesterday but it seemed like there were a lot more drops than bad throws. Whatever the case, he showed his true mettle when he moved the team downfield late in the Fourth to win the game.

It is a lot of fun watching him play football.

Pages: 1 2 3 4