Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Beers that dont taste like beer.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Anybody have any ideas? Im taking a girl to a bar and wants to get into beer but cant stand the taste of most beers. Anybody know any good ones?
Just tell ice cream jokes.
Not Your Father's Root Beer tastes like, well, root beer. Typically a fruity Lambic, like Lindeman's, tastes so freaking sweet and unlike any normal brew that they are, to me, un-beer-able (lolol), but my wife used them as an introduction to real beer while she developed a taste for the good stuff. Some sours don't taste particularly alcoholic, but they can be like drinking a Warhead if you're not into that sort of thing.

Skip the beer and order a Manhattan

Coke with a roofie..
Witbiers are good. Try something light like Shocktop or Blue Moon with a slice of orange, you can get that anywhere. If that style works there are dozens of other labels to try.
Or be a real man and order bourbon.

Try a Magic Hat #9.  Has an apricot flavor and is very popular with the ladies.

Quote:Or be a real man and order bourbon.
Also this.
Kasteel Rouge is another one that doesn't really taste like beer to me at all. It does taste like cough syrup, though, so that might be an issue.

Zima

Zima is a clear, lightly carbonated, alcoholic beverage, that was made and distributed by the Coors Brewing Company. Introduced in 1993, it was marketed as an alternative to beer, an early example of what is now often referred to as alcopop.

Quote:Zima

Zima is a clear, lightly carbonated, alcoholic beverage, that was made and distributed by the Coors Brewing Company. Introduced in 1993, it was marketed as an alternative to beer, an early example of what is now often referred to as alcopop.

Do they even make that anymore?
Go with a fruit beer, a cider, or a chocolate stout.
Quote:Do they even make that anymore?

Apparently Zima.......... An adult beverage, now sold only in Japan from MillerCoors.
Not Your Father's Root Beer

Be a man and drink Crown on the rocks, or if it's not available, drink real beer, nothing that comes with fruit. That's just.......... well, fruity!

Regards...............the Chiefjag

Quote:Be a man and drink Crown on the rocks, or if it's not available, drink real beer, nothing that comes with fruit. That's just.......... well, fruity!

Regards...............the Chiefjag

I could be wrong, but I think he's asking for suggestions for the girl to order.
Have you tried Fosters Australian Lager?

It's beer that tastes like urine, it's sorcery I tell ya!!
Quote:Have you tried Fosters Australian Lager?

It's beer that tastes like urine, it's sorcery I tell ya!!
And here I thought that beer that tastes like urine was a uniquely American phenomenon.
Framboise Lambic.

Or a Shandy.
Pages: 1 2 3