Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jags Secondary Going to Be Terrible
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
No

LOL

This board bashed the crap out of Cyprien for four years and now we're turrible because he's leaving? 

OK.

By the way - there are upgrades to Amukamara in free agency and the draft.  We've got money and we've got good picks. This secondary is more likely to improve than get worse. 

Ccchhhhhaaaaammmmppppiiiiioooonnnnssssshhhhhiiiiipppp!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh noooo, we're losing cyp squad?

I would've personally resigned prince because I think he's pretty decent but cyp can pack his bags
Two cornerstones for sure.
Not worried one bit.

Oh has the season started?

No?

Thought not.

I'm gonna miss when he points to the sky after making a tackle
Quote:I'm gonna miss when he points to the sky after making a tackle
Reggie Williams of our defense.
Going to be terrible....

for losing the guy who got beat cuz Ramsey was holding it down on the other side..

and the S that EVERYBODY crapped on for being out of place and not making enough plays.

le sigh...

nevermind we'll probably sign a FA better than Prince... or we could resign him later after he tests the market...

same with Cyp where we'll likely draft or sign a replacement and also letting them hit FA doesn't mean they don't sign with the Jags.

But honestly... you're mad because some other team might overpay these guys in free agency?

Prince got worked by Crabtree. Cyp got worked by everyone in coverage. These guys are just guys...

Prince is solid. Hope he returns
I do have to ask why they're cutting secondary players, prior to having the replacement on the roster.  Unless there is a roster (or something) bonus due, why not keep them until the replacement guy is already signed.  I know there is a bit of gentleman-ship to let them get to FA at the start, but as a 3-13 team maybe that could be used in future (winning) seasons.

Quote:I do have to ask why they're cutting secondary players, prior to having the replacement on the roster.  Unless there is a roster (or something) bonus due, why not keep them until the replacement guy is already signed.  I know there is a bit of gentleman-ship to let them get to FA at the start, but as a 3-13 team maybe that could be used in future (winning) seasons.

They're not being cut.
Quote:I do have to ask why they're cutting secondary players, prior to having the replacement on the roster. Unless there is a roster (or something) bonus due, why not keep them until the replacement guy is already signed. I know there is a bit of gentleman-ship to let them get to FA at the start, but as a 3-13 team maybe that could be used in future (winning) seasons.
Letting two mid tier free agents test the market while maintaining contact with their agents in the process is a far , Far cry from cutting them.
After Jags sign AJ Bouye and either Jefferson or Hyde next week I think secondary will be fine.
Quote:Goodbye Cyprien and Amuakamara

http://www.espn.com/blog/jacksonville-ja...ent-market
You should let Free Agency and The Draft play out before making that judgment. 
Quote:LOL

This board bashed the crap out of Cyprien for four years and now we're turrible because he's leaving? 

OK.

By the way - there are upgrades to Amukamara in free agency and the draft.  We've got money and we've got good picks. This secondary is more likely to improve than get worse. 

Exactly. Cyprien was considered arguably the weakest link in pass coverage since his arrival. And then all of a sudden because he could play more in the box and was doing his job he was a favorite? C'mon man. We could end up with Adams next month with the fourth overall pick.  

Or we could get someone like Budda Baker or Justin Evans for all I care in probably RD3. No need to overpay for Cyprien if you can get the upgrade on day one or the same or slightly better player on day two or three of the draft. 

Same with Amukamara. He was solid. Much better than House for sure. But I think we can do better. We have the cap space to pursue Bouye from the tinhorns in a week or so when the market opens. You'd have to think Bouye will go for the money but he may be intrigued or enticed to pair up with Ramsey. 

Quote:Goodbye Cyprien and Amuakamara

http://www.espn.com/blog/jacksonville-ja...ent-market
OMG!

Free agency and the draft is over too! We can't add any more players?! We have no cap space?! NOOOOOOO
Quote:I'm gonna miss when he points to the sky after making a tackle

Definitely one of the few players that celebrates a tackle after a 7 yard gain on 1st down.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8