Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Settle an argument..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Is it wrong to have a Burger King at 8am following a 12 hour night shift.. I say no but my colleague says yes..

When I'm on nights, 8am is essentially my night time, right?
No matter the time, no time is the right time to eat that garbage.

This is America, you can eat anything you feel like as long as you can pay for it, especially after working a 12 hr shift.

Now BK wouldn't be my first choice, but to each his own.

Nope your good man. When I worked overnights 8am was my dinner and noon was my bed time.

People not on that third shift just don't know.
I worked 3rd shift for many years and I ate pretty much anything at any time of day.
Fun fact... Burger King was started here in Jax.
Eat what you want when you want.  

Do what ya like!

Just make better choices than Burger King. I mean, there has to be a better option available to you.

Unless your colleagues are paying for your food, they don't get to have a say in what you eat!
People over here in England are so judgemental!
Quote:People over here in England are so judgemental!

Is it called Burger Queen over there?
Quote:Is it called Burger Queen over there?
No, but they do serve Coke with a bit of ice instead of the other way around. 
Quote:No, but they do serve Coke with a bit of ice instead of the other way around.

They do have this weird thing where you can ask for the amount of ice you want.
Quote:They do have this weird thing where you can ask for the amount of ice you want.

In lots of places I go to, I don't even ask. I just put whatever I want into the glass right from the machine thing-y.
Quote:In lots of places I go to, I don't even ask. I just put whatever I want into the glass right from the machine thing-y.

Get the hell outta here.

That almost sounds like magic.
I used to draw stares when I would buy beer at 8am after a midnight shift. Also, I found out quickly that I wasn't alone when I discovered a bar that was open at that time. More people work midnight shifts than you would think.
We don't need ice... For the most part, it's never really hot enough over here to warrant it..
Quote:Do what ya like!

Just make better choices than Burger King. I mean, there has to be a better option available to you.

I know what you mean, but we don't really have a great number of fast food places open at that time over here..

I'd love to have an IHOP of something local to me..
Quote:Is it wrong to have a Burger King at 8am following a 12 hour night shift.. I say no but my colleague says yes..

When I'm on nights, 8am is essentially my night time, right?

I'm on your side.  Definitely ok to eat BK any time of the day; especially when you work all night !!
Quote:I'm on your side.  Definitely ok to eat BK any time of the day; especially when you work all night !!

Oh, it was a bacon and cheese chicken royale... It was gooooooood.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5