Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Chris Smith & Ryan Davis
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
What gives? Where these guys at? Why are we constantly rushing with Branch and Clem who have provided almost no pressure at all?

Smith was useless as a starter. Davis' relative absence has me perplexed. Like McCray, he looked like a future stud last year. Why is he on the bench this year?
Quote:Smith was useless as a starter. Davis' relative absence has me perplexed. Like McCray, he looked like a future stud last year. Why is he on the bench this year?

According to Boselli et al. Gus deems Davis too valuable on special teams to have him at LEO.

Another example of the Gus Bradley mentality.

Quote:Smith was useless as a starter. Davis' relative absence has me perplexed. Like McCray, he looked like a future stud last year. Why is he on the bench this year?
Smith looked good last year and in pre season coming off the bench in rotation. What happened to that?
Quote:According to Boselli et al. Gus deems Davis too valuable on special teams to have him at LEO.

Lol
Quote:According to Boselli et al. Gus deems Davis too valuable on special teams to have him at LEO.

Seriously? I guess I shouldn't be suprised, but I am. I honestly don't even notice him on special teams
Quote:Smith looked good last year and in pre season coming off the bench in rotation. What happened to that?

Has Smith even started this year? Looked promising during the preseason and Bradley had said he was going to get the start during the season opener, but Clemons got the start.
Quote:Has Smith even started this year? Looked promising during the preseason and Bradley had said he was going to get the start during the season opener, but Clemons got the start.
a couple games this season he was even inactive. He wasnt even injured. Not sure what the deal is with that. But no, he didnt start any games and has played very little

Even Bradley's not that dumb.
Quote:Smith looked good last year and in pre season coming off the bench in rotation. What happened to that?
Too much ice cream.
Smith is a one trick pony. (snap count jumper extraordinaire)  -  and they gave Davis more looks at LEO vs Miami and he didn't perform so he's back to his 12-16 snaps a game on defense. 

(I'd still like to see Davis get 25 snaps and I'm pretty sure Smith is banged up IIRC.)

Quote:A couple games this season he was even inactive. He wasnt even injured. Not sure what the deal is with that. But no, he didnt start any games and has played very little

The maximum number of active players on game day is 46 IIRC. So if less than 7 players are out with injuries, there must be a few healthy scratches. All teams have to deactivate some healthy players because of that rule.

Can someone confirm or deny this? If true, that explains why Chris Smith was inactive for two weeks.
Quote:Smith is a one trick pony. (snap count jumper extraordinaire)  -  and they gave Davis more looks at LEO vs Miami and he didn't perform so he's back to his 12-16 snaps a game on defense. 

(I'd still like to see Davis get 25 snaps and I'm pretty sure Smith is banged up IIRC.)

He is a one trick pony, but mixing him in their to give a different look wouldn't hurt right now. The biggest problem for this team right now is pass rush. Heck, I might even look at practice squads and take a chance on someone like Rahim Cox from the Panthers or Larry Webster from the Lions.

Chris Smith has been inactive ever since Branch came back.

They are not playing because of the same reasons as Alualu is on the field, Cyp is starting, McCray is on the bench....incompetence of the coaching staff.

We believe in idiocy.

Quote:They are not playing because of the same reasons as Alualu is on the field, Cyp is starting, McCray is on the bench....incompetence of the coaching staff.

We believe in idiocy.
With some of the players we have been poorly utilizing, I really wonder what a good HC could do. I don't expect KC style turnaround, but we should at least go to competing within the AFCS imo.
Quote:With some of the players we have been poorly utilizing, I really wonder what a good HC could do. I don't expect KC style turnaround, but we should at least go to competing within the AFCS imo.

Under a decent coach we'd be 4-1 or 3-2 atop the AFC South right now.
Smith just is not good. 

Davis is playing, he's just not getting the pressure he was last year.

Regardless, both Smith and Davis are rotational players. We need to improve the talent ahead of them (Branch, Clemons). I love Smith's jump off the snap, and with the right coaching, he could become a really good roleplayer.
Pages: 1 2 3