Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: This is a talented roster, it's the system
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
hurns

arob

jt

bortles

linder

parnell

marks

poz

telvin

skuta

sample

mccray

house

colvin

where are we hurting? D

Why does mccray go from shutting down dez to being.. where?

Hmmm we have lost 3 games on just the players alone ! The others on coaching.Ill give u the offensive players... But the defense outside Telvin and Marks haven't done nothing!
I agree. I genuinely believe we have good players for the most part. Babich needs to go. Our defensive scheme is atrocious.

Ryan O just posted a stat about the effectiveness when we blitz but how little we do it. Seems like he posts the same thing every week. If you think our DBs can play man like you claim, then take a damn LB or Safety and blitz more!
Is it really that talented.  Take off the teal colored glasses and tell me it's a talented roster.  It is still a bottom third roster in terms of talent. 

Linder is on IR

JT was injured most of the year so far

Marks was injured most of the year so far

Poz isn't an impact player and was injured awhile

Sample was injured in preseason or training camp and hasn't played much of the year due to not being a starter 

McCray hasn't been utilized anywhere near like he was last year or many thought he would be this year

House gets burned more than a blind person in a house fire 

This team is basically Bortles, Hurns/Robinson, Yeldon, and a couple people here and there on the defense. 

Quote:Is it really that talented. Take off the teal colored glasses and tell me it's a talented roster. It is still a bottom third roster in terms of talent.

Offensively we're talented for sure. Some spots on the OL need work.

Defensively it's hard to tell. Marks and Davis, maybe Odrick, the rest of the DL isn't good. Telvin, Poz, and Skuta are talented. Brown got benched for Evans... I don't understand what's the deal with McCray. Cyp is meh. The secondary has been hard to read with the absolute lack of pass rush.
Quote:Is it really that talented.  Take off the teal colored glasses and tell me it's a talented roster.  It is still a bottom third roster in terms of talent. 

caldwells draft sucked,

next draft was pitifully good
Quote:Offensively we're talented for sure. Some spots on the OL need work.

Defensively it's hard to tell. Marks and Davis, maybe Odrick, the rest of the DL isn't good. Telvin, Poz, and Skuta are talented. Brown got benched for Evans... I don't understand what's the deal with McCray. Cyp is meh. The secondary has been hard to read with the absolute lack of pass rush.

cyp no.. just no lol

that guy

just w/e
Quote:hurns

arob

jt

bortles

linder

parnell

marks

poz

telvin

skuta

sample

mccray

house

colvin

where are we hurting? D

you may want to look at other rosters.
Quote:cyp no.. just no lol

that guy

just w/e

Hence the "meh"
Outside of Bortles, Hurns, and Robinson, I dont see it. Not passing judgement on Yeldon because he's a rookie.

Anger had the texans pinned on the one yard line. 2 plays later they were on the 35.Our DBs and Dline, excluding Marks, aren't worth a velvet painting of a whale and a dolphin gettin it on.

Ummmmm, when did McCray shut down Dez? Lol.
Quote:Ummmmm, when did McCray shut down Dez? Lol.

When they put him on Dez after Gratz got burned...
Quote:When they put him on Dez after Gratz got burned...
He had 6 rec 158 yards and 2 TDs.

Dez torched our whole defense. At no point was he even remotely close to being "shut down".
Quote:hurns

arob

jt

bortles

linder

parnell

marks

poz

telvin

skuta

sample

mccray

house

colvin

where are we hurting? D

Most of those guys are backup for real teams.  Here take these off

[Image: 750536_345.jpg]
Quote:When they put him on Dez after Gratz got burned...

It was the reverse. He was shut down by McCray in the first half and torched the Jags in the second half after Dallas moved him to Gratz' side of the field.

It's an average roster at best.

Quote:It was the reverse. He was shut down by McCray in the first half and torched the Jags in the second half after Dallas moved him to Gratz' side of the field.

Either way. Those stats Joe posted were like 95% against Gratz.
14 players out of a 53 man roster.

If another GM came and looked at those 14 guys, sure he'd say "yea I can work with that, no need to release those guys" but you don't think he'd be looking to upgrade?

You're out of your [BLEEP] mind.

There are some talented young players on this team.

However, overall this is not a talented roster in comparison to the rest of the league. Bottom-tier roster, plain and simple.

There is not 1 Elite player at any position. Maybe one of the young guys will step into that role over the next couple seasons. But right now, not even close.

They're just going to have to keep drafting some hits over the next 2-3 years. The defense and O-line still need to get alot more talented.

I understand the coaching frustration. That needs to improve most definitely.

Reality with this team is that it only closely competes with the bottom-feeders of the league. Just not enough talent yet.
Pages: 1 2 3