Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: What do we do with Jason Myers?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Is the strong leg worth points that are supposed to be automatic?

I think we cut our losses and either bring back Scobee or go find another kicker that can make kicks.
Cut him

Bring back Scobee? So you want to bring back the guy cut from 2 teams in just a few months?

Find a guy in off-season. Who gives a crap at this point.
We need to trust the process and keep Myers.
Cut him. IIRC the bucs signed some guy before playing for us and he kicked fine for them.
Quote:We need to trust the process and keep Myers.

Gus, is that you?
Quote:Find a guy in off-season. Who gives a crap at this point.

Exactly.

Seriously, this team isn't sniffing any chance at the playoffs, where a couple "critical" games couldn't be screwed up by the kicker.

He has really struggled, no doubt. But he did make a game winner against the Phins. Let him stay on the roster and continue to kick. Maybe he'll get in the groove and work out his issues. What's it gonna matter?
Quote:Exactly.

Seriously, this team isn't sniffing any chance at the playoffs, where a couple "critical" games couldn't be screwed up by the kicker.

He has really struggled, no doubt. But he did make a game winner against the Phins. Let him stay on the roster and continue to kick. Maybe he'll get in the groove and work out his issues. What's it gonna matter?

What's it gonna matter? You are trying to win games. He is a liability. He's no good, what's the point of keeping him?

He also missed a BUNCH of practice kicks today (kicking into the north endzone)
Cut him.  If you can't even trust your kicker to make an extra point then you need a new kicker. 

I said he should've been gone after the Colts game and I stand by that. I don't care if you're an 18 year old Argentinian soccer prodigy, if you miss 3 game winners in one game you should've been gone yesterday.

If he weighs the same as a duck...
Quote:Cut him

LOL.

Meh...  He did kick a 58 yarder to beat the dolphins.  Yes, it's an adventure when he takes the field.  But I think we should give him the season to figure it out.

I don't think there's another kicker to bring in that would save this season anyways.
As long as we keep Gus, who cares about the kicker. Nothing is going to matter.
Nothing matters.

May as well send Alualu out there for kicks.

At least we'll get some LULZ out of this stinking season

Then in April we should draft Aguayo with the 1st overall pick

LULZ intensified
Quote:I said he should've been gone after the Colts game and I stand by that. I don't care if you're an 18 year old Argentinian soccer prodigy, if you miss 3 game winners in one game you should've been gone yesterday.
Amen to this
Quote:LOL.

Meh...  He did kick a 58 yarder to beat the dolphins.  Yes, it's an adventure when he takes the field.  But I think we should give him the season to figure it out.

I don't think there's another kicker to bring in that would save this season anyways.
wrong. The 58 ydr did not beat the dolphins
Lol Myers? Myers? Seriously?
Caldwell is decent at figuring out ahead of the curve what players are about to hit a wall. He absolutely sucks at finding replacements for the players however. 

Put a hockey mask on his face and let him pass out candy at Everbank....

Pages: 1 2 3 4