Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Racist couple sentenced to jail for terrorizing child's bday with Confederate flags and guns
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
In July 2015, just weeks after the Charleston church massacre, a large group of people drove up to a birthday party in Douglasville in trucks, flying American, military and Confederate flags. According to prosecutors, about 15 people, several pointing guns, were riding through town that day with a group called “Respect the Flag

The child’s mother, Melissa Alford, said the group walked up to her property and threatened her family.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/02/28/man...g.amp.html

Good ole Amerikkka
Quote:In July 2015, just weeks after the Charleston church massacre, a large group of people drove up to a birthday party in Douglasville in trucks, flying American, military and Confederate flags. According to prosecutors, about 15 people, several pointing guns, were riding through town that day with a group called “Respect the Flag

The child’s mother, Melissa Alford, said the group walked up to her property and threatened her family.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/02/28/man-woman-sentenced-for-terrorizing-partygoers-with-confederate-flag.amp.html'>http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/02/28/man-woman-sentenced-for-terrorizing-partygoers-with-confederate-flag.amp.html</a>

Good ole Amerikkka

Yup.. Good ole Amerikkka.. Because everybody acts like that.
Quote:In July 2015, just weeks after the Charleston church massacre, a large group of people drove up to a birthday party in Douglasville in trucks, flying American, military and Confederate flags. According to prosecutors, about 15 people, several pointing guns, were riding through town that day with a group called “Respect the Flag

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/02/28/man...g.amp.html

Good ole Amerikkka
An isolated incident where the perpetrators were justly punished for being morons.  That doesn't reflect the majority in this country, but keep up the race baiting.  It's what you do.
Leave the country if you can't deal with a few loonies...I promise, you won't be missed.

Quote:Leave the country if you can't deal with a few loonies...I promise, you won't be missed.

No, they'd rather sit here and whine, cry and hate our country.
That's fine too...We have this thing called "freedom of speech" in the United States...go to some other country like N. Korea and make anti-government statements...see where that lands you.

If you don't like where you live I think you're free to move anywhere you like.

If anyone thinks racism is ever going to go away, you are sadly mistaken.

There will always be hate. Always be racists... 

there will always be terrorists... violence.... 

There will always be someone somewhere doing something or saying something you don't like or agree with.

I bet the OP enjoys taking Columbus day off from work/school.

Columbus was a slave trader... so... yeah.

Quote:If you don't like where you live I think you're free to move anywhere you like.

There will always be someone somewhere doing something or saying something you don't like or agree with.

I don't have "off" days.
Quote:I don't have "off" days.
Oh... I'm sure you're off plenty of days.
Wonder why they weren't charged with making terroristic threats?
Quote:If you don't like where you live I think you're free to move anywhere you like.

Foolish statement.

Quote:If anyone thinks racism is ever going to go away, you are sadly mistaken.

So why bother right? Just get over it?
Quote:Foolish statement.

So why bother right? Just get over it?
Foolish?

Not really.... my point is... go live somewhere else and see how good we actually have it here. Even those that everyone always tries to make out like they are victims.

I didn't say get over it.

But people bring it up like we're supposed to DO something about it....

Racists are gonna be racists....

They did a bad thing, they get punished.

Fine....

But don't come to me expecting me to go march or some crap...

Don't whine about things you can't control.

-shrug-

Also... if you're offended by a flag or a symbol, or a word..

You're softer than warm butter.

To that point.... yeah..  get over it..

Oh wah, someone is mean to me... said a bad word or doesn't like my religion.

So what....

I don't condone violence... so race related or not... violence is bad.

But if you want to spew ignorance... it is your right as an American to be ignorant.

See... I'm ACTUALLY tolerant....

I tolerate everyone. People smarter than me that talk down to me... people dumber than me I can't get through to... my mother... gays... blacks... whites... jews... Muslims...

I tolerate hateful people too.

Cuz who am I to judge someone?

Someone calls me a slanderous term... I shrug it off... cuz someone else's anger and the words they use truly have NO effect on my life.

So if I don't like racism, I need to move?
Quote:An isolated incident where the perpetrators were justly punished for being morons. That doesn't reflect the majority in this country, but keep up the race baiting. It's what you do.

But ALL black people who protest injustice are criminals correct?
Quote:So if I don't like racism, I need to move?

Apparently so.

Dumbest statement that is ever made politically.

Why would we be like our ancestors and make improvements?
What are you guys doing about racism and hate crimes?  Let's start there.

Quote:What are you guys doing about racism and hate crimes? Let's start there.

Weekly I attend Men's groups where we do discuss how certain thing affect us. Typically this will include racially sensitive topics. This allows us to at least understand how the other is feeling.
So, is your "Men's Group" having any effect on racism and hate crimes?

My point is, this is not going to be fixed overnight.  Most likely, it will never be completely fixed.

Sometimes we have to deal with rare and tragic situations...and yes, for the most part, these are "rare" and yes, they are "tragic".

The only thing that will fix racism and hate crimes is education.  Educating the young and the old that we as humans have to live together on this earth, whether we like each other or not.

Quote:So, is your "Men's Group" having any effect on racism and hate crimes?

My point is, this is not going to be fixed overnight. Most likely, it will never be completely fixed.

Sometimes we have to deal with rare and tragic situations...and yes, for the most part, these are "rare" and yes, they are "tragic".

The only thing that will fix racism and hate crimes is education. Educating the young and the old that we as humans have to live together on this earth, whether we like each other or not.

I agree 100%

I also don't see this as a Presidential problem.
It's absolutely not a "Presidential problem", but it seems some on here want to project that it is.  Trump has been in office 1 month...yet, it seems like he's being blamed for racism and hate crimes in this country.

Pages: 1 2 3