Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: For the loyal fans
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
To the fans that have been patient and stood up for the team.

The naysayers, the ones who complain during actual game time on the MB, indicating they don't attend the games anyway, have their own forum.

Those of you who actually attend, or those who still stand by your team... Are you fed up yet?

Is an overhaul needed after the bye?

Just asking. I met many of you in Tampa. Die hards. Old. Young. Guys n Gals. Thinking there was hope due to our upside down division.

Are you at wits end? The 1 step forward 2 steps back.

I don't have solutions, but I do want to take the term winnable games out of any sentence structure when discussing this team.

The team was arguably the healthiest this weak and man, did they stink it up.

Thoughts? It's therapy when you know you're not alone in having neck problems from shaking your head.
I'm loyal no one can question that. Bottles sucked today though.
Just got back from the game (Section 230), and I must say that this team is a walking disappointment. I'd be surprised if they win another game.
Bortles had some head scratches but also kept some drives alive and didn't allow Hoyer to throw for almost 300 either. This is frustrating to the point of why bother watching?
Yes

get rid of everyone standing on that sideline today 

hire Urban Meyer

draft Joey Bosa, and lets get it poppin

Is this a post for only people who went to the game?
Are you fed up? Is that a serious question?

I don't know where this year has gone so wrong. We should be, at the very worst, 3-3 right now. That's giving room for still having lost a close one or two. 1-5? We really had the opportunity to still get this back to 3-3 with the past two weeks. That's not even considering the Carolina or Indianapolis games.

The defense that has "carried" us the past two years has floundered in tough spots this year. They've had their moments and stretches they've played solid, but just have not been there when needed. The offense shows so much talent but finds a different way each week to throw it away. Sometimes it's Bortles interceptions. Sometimes it's dropped passes or fumbles or just absolute failure in other aspects. Special teams struggles a few times. And so on. Just absolutely ridiculous.

I've determined that being a Jags fan is like choosing depression to be your best friend. 

Change is needed. If not during the season, definitely after. I don't think Gus is going to be the one who can pull this together. Caldwell, I still have on issue with. But the current coaching staff can't seem to get these players to pull it together.

Team has talent this time around. Coaching needs to go. Giving up 30+ points to the Bucs and Texans? Are you kidding me? And Gus is a defensive minded coach? Hit the road, Jack.
Quote:Are you fed up? Is that a serious question?

Lol "no I'm not fed up yet....."
Quote:Just got back from the game (Section 230), and I must say that this team is a walking disappointment. I'd be surprised if they win another game.

Sorry. I felt bad for everyone that attended today. We all deserve better.
Quote:Team has talent this time around. Coaching needs to go. Giving up 30+ points to the Bucs and Texans? Are you kidding me? And Gus is a defensive minded coach? Hit the road, Jack.

The talent isn't on Defense
I'm a loyal fan because I keep coming back for more of this garbage excuse of a pro football team.... or perhaps that is proof that I have a slight masochistic bent to me, I don't know. But I do know that what we've been witnessing for the past few seasons under Dave Caldwell and Gus Bradley has been poor football. I was hoping that this team might reach a 6-10 record this season. It's pretty obvious now that I was far too optimistic with that prediction. 

This team has become boring to watch because they are too predictable; both in their play calling and in the final game outcome. You know your team is bad when you're watching it on tv and by half time your ready to change the channel and watch 'cooking with 'Peppin' or 'the karate kid' or the like.

Quote:To the fans that have been patient and stood up for the team.

The naysayers, the ones who complain during actual game time on the MB, indicating they don't attend the games anyway, have their own forum.

Those of you who actually attend, or those who still stand by your team... Are you fed up yet?

Is an overhaul needed after the bye?

Just asking. I met many of you in Tampa. Die hards. Old. Young. Guys n Gals. Thinking there was hope due to our upside down division.

Are you at wits end? The 1 step forward 2 steps back.

I don't have solutions, but I do want to take the term winnable games out of any sentence structure when discussing this team.

The team was arguably the healthiest this weak and man, did they stink it up.

Thoughts? It's therapy when you know you're not alone in having neck problems from shaking your head.

I don't like the premise of your post.  Been a fan since day 1 and continue to be a fan. But I don't blindly support everything they do.  The team stinks and sadly probably will as long as Gus is coach.  I hate to say it because I like Gus.  But he doesnt have it.  I look at the teams we are losing to and don't see talent that is far superior to ours.  We have good players.  But we make stupid mistake after stupid mistake.  And eventually that falls on coaching.

Saying all that I'll continue to be a fan and root for them to win.  But I know we suck.  And I'm not afraid to say we suck.  
What I would like to see is Mr. Khan come out publicly make a statement officially putting Bradley on "The Hot Seat".

Gus' "Sunshine Party" isn't motivating the team, so maybe he needs a nudge from some outside motivation.

Gus, the fans have been patient with you, and your bubble needs to be popped to bring you to the real world of losing with the rest of us.

tbh, the fact that bortles sucked today, and still threw for 350+ yards and 3 (ha four) TDs is way more promising than any QB we've had in the last 10 years..

Not sure what happened to our D, we were decent in the first few games, now it's like the opposite.

I wasn't able to watch or listen to the game today as I was at work, but I'm going to go back and check out the hopkins TDs to see how blatent the PIs are. 

This team, like all the other bottom feeders in the league have more to overcome because of the amount of staff turnover as well as what seems like the never ending ref bias which seemed to be on full display today.

I cant say that I'm happy that we're 1-6 now, but at the same time I can't say that I'm suprised.  Half of our team was injured in the first few games, then it seemed like the rest got worse. 

I think what some posters were saying is correct though, it's amazing what yeldon has managed to accomplish with this O-line, especialy considering brandon linder is out.  Bortles is under just as much pressure as he was last year at seems but has obviously elevated his play despite having an injury.  There are a lot of positives here, but I wouldn't be suprised if Gus is fired after the Bills game if we lose. Hell it'll be interesting to see what happens on monday.

I'll assume doug marrone is promoted, or possibly olson as the offense has more or less gotten on track, but just shoots themsleves in the foot from the youth/dumb penalties (which occur on both sides of the ball. Reading the gamecast when a penalty comes up and it's 3/10 hurts just as much as watching it).

Again, there are hopeful signs for the franchise, but demanding for complete coaching turnover/front office/players will never get a franchise anywhere.  And yes I understand 8-30 is completely aweful, but this team wasn't like any other team in the NFL. Chiefs, falcons, browns, and cardinals all had a core unit in place on defense or offense. This team literally had an injured MJD.

[Image: Stop-the-Insanity.jpg]

Quote:Team has talent this time around. Coaching needs to go. Giving up 30+ points to the Bucs and Texans? Are you kidding me? And Gus is a defensive minded coach? Hit the road, Jack.
While you're faulting Bradley for allowing 30+ points against the Texans, I'll remind you that Bradley didn't throw a Pic 6 and nor did he throw an INT at the one yard line. Between these two plays 14 points went astray...

NH3...
Quote:tbh, the fact that bortles sucked today, and still threw for 350+ yards and 3 (ha four) TDs is way more promising than any QB we've had in the last 10 years..

Not sure what happened to our D, we were decent in the first few games, now it's like the opposite.

I wasn't able to watch or listen to the game today as I was at work, but I'm going to go back and check out the hopkins TDs to see how blatent the PIs are. 

This team, like all the other bottom feeders in the league have more to overcome because of the amount of staff turnover as well as what seems like the never ending ref bias which seemed to be on full display today.

I cant say that I'm happy that we're 1-6 now, but at the same time I can't say that I'm suprised.  Half of our team was injured in the first few games, then it seemed like the rest got worse. 

I think what some posters were saying is correct though, it's amazing what yeldon has managed to accomplish with this O-line, especialy considering brandon linder is out.  Bortles is under just as much pressure as he was last year at seems but has obviously elevated his play despite having an injury.  There are a lot of positives here, but I wouldn't be suprised if Gus is fired after the Bills game if we lose. Hell it'll be interesting to see what happens on monday.

I'll assume doug marrone is promoted, or possibly olson as the offense has more or less gotten on track, but just shoots themsleves in the foot from the youth/dumb penalties (which occur on both sides of the ball. Reading the gamecast when a penalty comes up and it's 3/10 hurts just as much as watching it).

Again, there are hopeful signs for the franchise, but demanding for complete coaching turnover/front office/players will never get a franchise anywhere.  And yes I understand 8-30 is completely aweful, but this team wasn't like any other team in the NFL. Chiefs, falcons, browns, and cardinals all had a core unit in place on defense or offense. This team literally had an injured MJD.
House got BURNT on all of his TD passes...

NH3...
I'd consider any fan of this team to be loyal.. How could they not be?
Pages: 1 2 3 4