Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Our Running Backs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Have a collective 0 TDs all season. How is that even possible? I mean, the Bills' backup QB (Manuel) has more rushing TDs than the Jags entire offense. 

wow, i didn't know that.  THAT IS TERRIBLE.

I'm glad you heard the announcer mention that.

When we are in the redzone we're throwing on 3rd and long most of the time. It's just the way it works out. Geez, you guys watch the games every week and it's like you completely wipe what happened in them from your brains the next day.

Um its pretty simple. Yeldon isn't that good. Denard has been injuried upto this point, and our O-line sucks. And you seriously didn't expect Gerhart to get one right? I don't get the hype with our RB, half of Yeldons runs are for loss or no gain, Shoelace at least goes forward, but neither of them can make it happen with our line.

We don't have great RB's anymore in J-ville who can make up for average/poor lines. That era is gone with MJD in 2011.

Reminds me of the song....."How long.....can this keep goin' on."

Quote:Um its pretty simple. Yeldon isn't that good. Denard has been injuried upto this point, and our O-line sucks. And you seriously didn't expect Gerhart to get one right? I don't get the hype with our RB, half of Yeldons runs are for loss or no gain, Shoelace at least goes forward, but neither of them can make it happen with our line.

We don't have great RB's anymore in J-ville who can make up for average/poor lines. That era is gone with MJD in 2011.
Or mayybe the O-Line sucks??

And hey genius if you actually watched the games maybe you'd notice they almost never run Yeldon in the redzone. 
When you look back at this game the thing that sticks out the most is that are running backs average less than three yards a carry that's atrocious that will get you beating this league that leadss to turnovers.
Quote:Have a collective 0 TDs all season. How is that even possible? I mean, the Bills' backup QB (Manuel) has more rushing TDs than the Jags entire offense. 

The Jaguars have the worst run blocking offensive line I've ever seen, truly putrid. They're trying to run a gap-power scheme but don't have the personnel on the offensive line to do that, Luke Joeckel, Zane Beadles, and Wiz are all light in the pants and are better served in zone scheme. Major upgrades ) particularly at LG/LT is needed, 
Quote:I'm glad you heard the announcer mention that.
Nah, I knew it before the announcer said it because every week like a total putz I plug a Jaguars RB into my FanDuel lineup hoping this might be the week...
Quote:Or mayybe the O-Line sucks??

And hey genius if you actually watched the games maybe you'd notice they almost never run Yeldon in the redzone. 
Lol, u serious? I already stated the line is poor, but Yeldon is part of it too. Maybe if you watched his games you would know a good amount of his runs are for loss/no gain. I wouldn't want him to have it in the redzone either. He didn't get to 3.6 ypc (i.e. way below average) by being an awesome runner.  MJD was run out of town for having a 3.4ypc average a couple years ago, but now we are so forgiving for a 3.6? MJD was an old injured shell of himself and got nearly the same production as our rookie. Stop overrating Yeldon. Good RB's do better than 4 ypc, bad ones don't.
Quote:The Jaguars have the worst run blocking offensive line I've ever seen, truly putrid. They're trying to run a gap-power scheme but don't have the personnel on the offensive line to do that, Luke Joeckel, Zane Beadles, and Wiz are all light in the pants and are better served in zone scheme. Major upgrades ) particularly at LG/LT is needed,

No a coaching change is needed. If they are more suited to a zone running game then use it!
Quote:Lol, u serious? I already stated the line is poor, but Yeldon is part of it too. Maybe if you watched his games you would know a good amount of his runs are for loss/no gain. I wouldn't want him to have it in the redzone either. He didn't get to 3.6 ypc (i.e. way below average) by being an awesome runner.  MJD was run out of town for having a 3.4ypc average a couple years ago, but now we are so forgiving for a 3.6? MJD was an old injured shell of himself and got nearly the same production as our rookie. Stop overrating Yeldon. Good RB's do better than 4 ypc, bad ones don't.
Do you even understand what getting hit in the backfield means? Come back when you're sober bruh.
Quote:Do you even understand what getting hit in the backfield means? Come back when you're sober bruh.
It means you didn't make the guy miss. Something a good RB can do and a average one will not. I am not saying that every loss is Yeldons fault, but he dances an awful lot. Fred did some of that too, but he made guys miss much more often (and is obviously much better). But thats the difference between a great RB and a average one. And I think I am giving Yeldon the benefit of the doubt calling him average at this point.

Not gonna talk on this point anymore tho. Its not enjoyable or worthwhile for me.

Quote:Have a collective 0 TDs all season. How is that even possible? I mean, the Bills' backup QB (Manuel) has more rushing TDs than the Jags entire offense. 
This is an inaccurate statement. Yeldon is a RB. Yeldon has a TD.

Of course, if you said our running backs have 0 rushing TDs, then you would be right.
This RB group would have better productivity with a better offensive line.  A good offensive line can make an average RB look good, and a bad line can make a good RB look bad. 

I still think that, with an average run-blocking line, the combination of Yeldon and Robinson would be more than sufficient. Yeldon has some growing to do with the NFL game but is talented. Robinson is tough and has play-making ability on the outside. But rookie with a less than good line, and an injured Robinson? Gerhert, unfortunately, is little more than a short-yardage/3rd-down guy (yeah, he actually could have a place in a rotation on most teams), and Pierce, not really sure what he is or isn't but this isn't the team to find out. We don't have the team to make average guys look good. Those average guys look awful with our awful team, then they go elsewhere and show their own talents (when they have some solid supporting casts around them).

The Oline has got to be the worst in the league. Both pass protection and run blocking is abysmal

accuttly tj yeldon has a TD for jags. He caught a td pass last week from bortles againest the bucs. 

Quote:The Oline has got to be the worst in the league. Both pass protection and run blocking is abysmal
Average pass protection, IMO. Bottom 5 run blocking - not having Linder is bad.
Pages: 1 2