Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Best wide receiver duo in the NFL?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Apparently so:

Mike Kaye

@mike_e_kaye
1h

<div>Top NFL WR duo right now is Demaryius Thomas and Emmanuel Sanders with 72 catches for 834 yards, 3 TD. The #Allens: 49 catches, 832, 7 TDs

I'll give them the two yards for the four scores.  Who would've thought preseason we'd have a legitimate argument for the top duo in football!
</div>
With the potential of Lee and Greene...

We've got a heck of a corps!
Dave has an eye for WR talent. Excited to see Greene out there soon.
Quote:Dave has an eye for WR talent. Excited to see Greene out there soon.
As a Jags fan, i can't believe this is happening!
Bigger implication of the story: Manning has fallen off a cliff.

Yeah they look very good/promising.

Some teams don't depend in WR duo so much because they lean heavily on a TE also.

Bengals:

They'd have a super wr duo in AJ Green and Marvin Jones. But, they employ Tyler Eifert heavily.

Broncos:

They employed Julius Thomas quite a bit prior to this year.

But, strictly as WR duos are concerned, the Jag's future looks very bright!
Quote:Yeah they look very good/promising.

Some teams don't depend in WR duo so much because they lean heavily on a TE also.

Bengals:

They'd have a super wr duo in AJ Green and Marvin Jones. But, they employ Tyler Eifert heavily.

Broncos:

They employed Julius Thomas quite a bit prior to this year.

But, strictly as WR duos are concerned, the Jag's future looks very bright!
Julius Thomas could bring these numbers back to earth.

or

Turn this offense wide open and see even more explosive plays out of the #Allens.
I cant believe I am saying this...

The Jaguars might have too many good WRs.

Quote:Bigger implication of the story: Manning has fallen off a cliff.

Can't we just have this? Come on.
Maybe people will actually understand why we took fowler instead of cooper.
And to think. For years, we had a receiving corpse.
Sigh........Blackmon
Quote:Maybe people will actually understand why we took fowler instead of cooper.
I had argued that a few weeks ago, but most hadn't fully gotten on board that we have 2 really really good wideouts.  With a sample size of 5 games this season, that crowd is disappearing.
Quote:And to think. For years, we had a receiving corpse.
From coprse to corps, a thing of beauty!
Quote:Sigh........Blackmon
Who?
Awesome. I hope to see them keep it up. I do wonder with Thomas in how much he may impact the other going forward, it could go either way.

Quote:As a Jags fan, i can't believe this is happening!

Agreed lol
Notice how the Justin Blackmon thread hasn't been bumped in quite some time  :yes:

2016 is giving me 1999 vibes. If we can assemble a competent defense we could have something special. Something much more special than the 2007 team.

Quote:Notice how the Justin Blackmon thread hasn't been bumped in quite some time  :yes:

2016 is giving me 1999 vibes. If we can assemble a competent defense we could have something special. Something much more special than the 2007 team.
Imagine if we had the 2007 OL and D right now.
In the preseason they were projecting the top duo to be Calvin Johnson and Tate, but CJ has done close to nothing this season for the winless Lions. It's exciting to see Hurns and Lee both on pace to top 1200 yards this season and statistically the league's top duo, although much of this has been out of necessity due to injury. It's likely their stats will slow down a bit with Julius Thomas back in the mix, and then even more once Greene and Lee get back in action. It also looks like Bortles is developing some nice chemistry with Bryan Walters, and Marcedes is vying for his own catches.

Pages: 1 2 3 4