Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Can Yeldon breakout like Freeman and Bell in his second year?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I think these three players are very similar. Both Bell and Freeman struggled in their first year but broke out in big ways their second years. Can Yeldon follow this trend? Like Freeman and Bell, Yeldon does not have great breakaway speed but has very quick feat, a great initial burst, and is a one cut back and can catch out of the backfield well and make guys miss in space and slip tackles. If our line can open holes next year and we use Yeldon more in the passing game I feel like Yeldon will put up similar kind of production.
I have Freeman on my fantasy team and the dudes balling! I want to see his next gen stats because that guy hits a hole and is freakin gone. Reminds me of Fred Taylor. His burst is crazy. Then they have Coleman which is just as fast. They have a two headed monster in Atlanta and im jealous. Lol.

I think yeldon reminds me more of bell than Freeman. He has that elusiveness and quick hips that bell has. I think next year he will light it up. Hoping for a bell-esque type year. If he does, this offenses potential is no doubt top 10.
Hes shown no signs granted hes had very little blocking
Quote:Hes shown no signs granted hes had very little blocking
Lol no signs? Are you really serious with that?
I really like Yeldon.And we'll see what he can do once the run blocking improves, so far he had to earn yards everytime by himself rather than with the help of the OL. The very few times he wasn't hit at the LOS he made very good gains, including the 39 yards run in the OT against the Colts.

I have seen Atlanta-New Orleans yesterday and especially in the first half the run blocking of Atlanta OL was great, those weren't holes but highways to run through. I wish Yeldon had half of that blocking ahead of him instead of the blockers being beaten and having him be hit even before the LOS.

If you can't see he has talent, you don't know football.

I say he can probably get a thousand this season.
It's all about the offensive line and blocking.

Quote:Hes shown no signs granted hes had very little blocking

How in da bloody blue sam frickin hell you got that many posts and still can post something so ignorant? 
Bell did not struggle his rookie year. 

Quote:Bell did not struggle his rookie year. 

Not saying Yeldon is going to be Bell but Bell's YPC as a rookie was 3.5.
Quote:I think these three players are very similar. Both Bell and Freeman struggled in their first year but broke out in big ways their second years.

Wow ... you're a tough critic.

Bell had 1259 total rushing and receiving yards in Year 1. 
Quote:Not saying Yeldon is going to be Bell but Bell's YPC as a rookie was 3.5.

I pulled this from a 2013 article - sound familiar?  Injuries

Today, they (Steelers) will not only start their seventh different line combination when they play the Miami Dolphins (6-6) at Heinz Field, they could have three different starters on the line from the previous game in Baltimore because of injuries. Included in that is their third center who will make his first professional start, Cody Wallace

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steel...1312080122

Bell through 5 games: 80 attempts, 282 yards rushing, 3.2ypc, 3 rushing TDs, 17 receptions, 147 yards receiving 0 receiving TDs

Yeldon through 5 games: 81 attempts, 291 yards rushing, 3.6ypc, 0 rushing TDs, 15 receptions, 73 yards receiving, 1 receiving TD

Unfortunately, the other factor is that Yeldon is injury prone.

IF (and that's a big IF) he can stay healthy, I'd have to say he could be pretty decent when our OLine gets fixed.

injury prone but he almost never missed a game in college, if at all, and has yet to miss a game here :/

there a difference between being injury prone and being out a lot and being nicked up and playing through it. 

Yeah I'm not sure where injury prone comes from. He has a groin strain now that may keep him out a game how does a single thing make him injury prone
Quote:injury prone but he almost never missed a game in college, if at all, and has yet to miss a game here :/

there a difference between being injury prone and being out a lot and being nicked up and playing through it.

Haven't you learned yet on this board that if a member of Jaguars stubs his toe getting out of bed he's labeled injury prone? Even if he's never had any injury up to date? Lol.
Watching Freeman reminds of the young MJD
Quote:injury prone but he almost never missed a game in college, if at all, and has yet to miss a game here :/

Gottem!
Pages: 1 2