Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Allen Robinson is a freak athlete and is literally quicker than a much smaller player in Ameer Abdullah
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I don't think this gets talked about a lot, but Robinson size and athleticism are off the charts, he has to be one of the best athletes (at any position) in the NFL, just look at his pro day numbers.

Allen Robinson Pro Day: 40: 4.42 seconds Vert: 42" Broad: 11" 3 cone: 6.53 seconds, those are Julio Jones type numbers given his size.What impresses me the most is the 3 cone time of 6.53, to give you an idea of how incredibly quick that is, Ameer Abdullah timed at 6.79, I think most people would consider Abdullah as one of the most quick/sudden players in the NFL. A'Rob's quickness shows up on the field as DB's have a difficult time pressing him because of it, he's too quick/big/strong to press, similar to AJ Green & Julio Jones. When it's all said and done I think Robinson will be the best WR in the history of this franchise, and easily one of the best (top 5) in the leauge.

Oh and btw he's 22 years old! Insane

Why did he fall?  Honest question.

Quote:Why did he fall?  Honest question.

I have no idea, the guy dominated the Big 10 as a freshman and sophomore, he was clearly a top 10 talent. 
Quote:Why did he fall?  Honest question.
So many WR in that draft. Hell we took Lee over him which I still cant figure out. 
Quote:So many WR in that draft. Hell we took Lee over him which I still cant figure out. 

Lee was so dynamic in college, especially as a sophomore so I can understand it. Marqise has the ability to be one of the most dynamic players in the league, especially out of the slot. He's a bigger more athletic version of Randall Cobb, he just needs to stay healthy.
lol if you think Allen Robinson actually runs a 4.42

Quote:lol if you think Allen Robinson actually runs a 4.42

I could care less about his 40 time, that's not stopping him from being productive is it?
Quote:So many WR in that draft. Hell we took Lee over him which I still cant figure out.
Other than Lee's knee injury, it isn't really shocking to me. Lee was a monster in college, and considered to be a first round pick quality WR.
how much less could you care?

and if you don't care, then why did you post his 40 time?

the two above questions are easy to answer

Quote:lol if you think Allen Robinson actually runs a 4.42

The 40 time is the most overrated stat in all of sports, Jarvis Landry is balling right now and he ran a 4.7, Alshon Jeffery, Mike Evans, Larry Fitzgerald aren't burners. Give me a guy that has short area quickness, hands, body control, and size any day of the week.
Quote:I don't think this gets talked about a lot, but Robinson size and athleticism are off the charts, he has to be one of the best athletes (at any position) in the NFL, just look at his pro day numbers.

Allen Robinson Pro Day: 40: 4.42 seconds Vert: 42" Broad: 11" 3 cone: 6.53 seconds, those are Julio Jones type numbers given his size.What impresses me the most is the 3 cone time of 6.53, to give you an idea of how incredibly quick that is, Ameer Abdullah timed at 6.79, I think most people would consider Abdullah as one of the most quick/sudden players in the NFL. A'Rob's quickness shows up on the field as DB's have a difficult time pressing him because of it, he's too quick/big/strong to press, similar to AJ Green & Julio Jones. When it's all said and done I think Robinson will be the best WR in the history of this franchise, and easily one of the best (top 5) in the leauge.
Here's to having AR15 on our team...

NH3...
Quote:how much less could you care?

and if you don't care, then why did you post his 40 time?

the two above questions are easy to answer

Who cares if he doesn't run a 4.42, the guy has consistently ran by NFL DB's, regardless of what his 40 time is. I'm not sure what point you're trying to make.
Quote:I don't think this gets talked about a lot, but Robinson size and athleticism are off the charts, he has to be one of the best athletes (at any position) in the NFL, just look at his pro day numbers.

<span style="font-size:14px;"><span style="font-family:arial;">Allen Robinson Pro Day: 40: 4.42 seconds Vert: 42" Broad: 11" 3 cone: 6.53 seconds, those are Julio Jones type numbers given his size.What impresses me the most is the 3 cone time of 6.53, to give you an idea of how incredibly quick that is, Ameer Abdullah timed at 6.79, I think most people would consider Abdullah as one of the most quick/sudden players in the NFL. A'Rob's quickness shows up on the field as DB's have a difficult time pressing him because of it, he's too quick/big/strong to press, similar to AJ Green & Julio Jones. When it's all said and done I think Robinson will be the best WR in the history of this franchise, and easily one of the best (top 5) in the leauge.
</span></span>
An even scarier fact...

I don't think any of them beat Matt Jones' numbers.
answer the two questions, jagforlife85, and i'll tell you my point

Quote:An even scarier fact...

I don't think any of them beat Matt Jones' numbers.

Hahaha, Jones was big & fast but certainly didn't possess A-Robs quickness or work ethic, he'd be a fun guy to party with though!
Quote:Here's to having AR15 on our team...

NH3...

I'll certainly drink to that
Quote:answer the two questions, jagforlife85, and i'll tell you my point

I posted his proday numbers because those are his pro day numbers, haha, I'm not sure what I'm missing or where you're getting at. 
Quote:Hahaha, Jones was big & fast but certainly didn't possess A-Robs quickness or work ethic, he'd be a fun guy to party with though!
The most lackadaisical guy I have ever seen on a football field.

Sorry to keep bringing up scary facts... But he was actually better than most, if not all, the WRs we had until We got Hurns/Lee.
Quote:answer the two questions, jagforlife85, and i'll tell you my point
No one cares your point, troll.
Pages: 1 2 3 4