Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: 2014 vs 2015 Jags
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
If this has already been mentioned then my bad, but I was chatting with my friend about the Jags this year and after talking with her for a bit I realized the following statistical differences from last year to this year. Keep in mind the ranks for 2014 are at the end of the season and 2015 are obviously up to current:

2014 Offense Ranks:

31st in total yards

31st in yards per game

32nd in points per game

31st passing yards per game

21st rushing yards per game

2015 Offense Ranks:

16th in total yards

19th in yards per game

27th points per game

12th passing yards per game (wow)

21st rushing yards per game

Are you seriously kidding me right now? Just by watching the product on the field AND looking at stats, you can clearly see how inept this coaching staff is because this offensive production is easily doubling what the did last year. What does that mean? Tons and TONS of points left on the field, conversions not being made, you name it, it's lacking whereas the stats are not. We already know Bradley has to go, but this is the last straw. Also don't bother looking at the fact we should be 3-2 right now because of our first half vs second half production. Another slight on the coaching staff, absolutely lack of halftime adjustments. It's as if they're going into the locker room saying "Alright team, do the complete opposite of what you've been doing". 

Onto defense...

2014 Defense Ranks:

26th in total yards allowed

26th in yards per game

26th in points allowed per game

6th in sacks

last in interceptions

2015 Defense Ranks:

16th in total yards allowed

19th in yards allowed per game

27th in points allowed per game

tied for 12th in sacks 

last in interceptions

Ok...again... what? Defense has made an improvement even though you wouldn't know it by watching the product on the field. 

TLBig GrinR - [BAD WORD REMOVED]?!?!?!

Quote: 

Are you seriously kidding me right now? Just by watching the product on the field AND looking at stats, you can clearly see how inept this coaching staff is because this offensive production is easily doubling what the did last year. What does that mean? Tons and TONS of points left on the field, conversions not being made, you name it, it's lacking whereas the stats are not. We already know Bradley has to go, but this is the last straw. Also don't bother looking at the fact we should be 3-2 right now because of our first half vs second half production. Another slight on the coaching staff, absolutely lack of halftime adjustments. It's as if they're going into the locker room saying "Alright team, do the complete opposite of what you've been doing". 

TLBig GrinR - [BAD WORD REMOVED]?!?!?!

Last year we were getting blown out.  This year at least we are competitive.  That's the difference. As you clearly illustrated by your rankings above, the improvement is there but it's just not reflected in the wins & losses .... 

SEE BELOW --> Net scores through 5 games 2014 vs 2015

Loss to Eagles by 17

Loss to Redskins by 31

Loss to Colts by 27

Loss to Chargers by 19

Loss to Steelers by 8

NET LOSS 102 POINTS

... throw out out the worst loss and the number is a 71 point deficiency

Loss to Panthers by 11

Win vs Dolphins by 3

Loss to Pats by 34 - ouch

Loss to Colts by 3

Loss to Bucs by 7

NET LOSS 52 POINTS

... throw out the worst loss and the number is a 18 point deficiency

The reason that I did the "throw out worst game" is to clearly illustrate that we have a net point deficiency of 18 points in 2015 which equates to 4.5 points per game.  In comparison (using that same methodology) our net point deficiency in the best 4 out of 5 games in 2014 was 71 which equates to 18 points per game.  That's a net difference of 13.5 points per game when comparing 2015 to 2014

Until the improvements anyone with functional eyes can see for themselves start to result in more wins, thise improvements will be ignored by a certain population.

There's a trend that I believe Bobby Bowden described years ago about the progression of building a team. Lose big, lose small, win small, win big. The team is losing by a smaller margin this year than last. Eventually those close losses will become close wins.
Quote:Last year we were getting blown out.  This year at least we are competitive.  That's the difference. As you clearly illustrated by your rankings above, the improvement is there but it's just not reflected in the wins & losses .... 

SEE BELOW --> Net scores through 5 games 2014 vs 2015

Loss to Eagles by 17

Loss to Redskins by 31

Loss to Colts by 27

Loss to Chargers by 19

Loss to Steelers by 8

NET LOSS 102 POINTS

... throw out out the worst loss and the number is a 71 point deficiency

Loss to Panthers by 11

Win vs Dolphins by 3

Loss to Pats by 34 - ouch

Loss to Colts by 3

Loss to Bucs by 7

NET LOSS 52 POINTS

... throw out the worst loss and the number is a 18 point deficiency

The reason that I did the "throw out worst game" is to clearly illustrate that we have a net point deficiency of 18 points in 2015 which equates to 4.5 points per game.  In comparison (using that same methodology) our net point deficiency in the best 4 out of 5 games in 2014 was 71 which equates to 18 points per game.  That's a net difference of 13.5 points per game when comparing 2015 to 2014

TBH I was wondering what it was if you only compared the first 5 games when I was doing this.

I agree 100% that they are definitely improving it just sucks seeing the end results when you look at it. I just thought it was pretty alarming how much the stats made them look like they're improving when you look at the records and 2nd half performances. It almost makes it seem like it negates it when you're watching it on tv. 
Quote:Until the improvements anyone with functional eyes can see for themselves start to result in more wins, thise improvements will be ignored by a certain population.

There's a trend that I believe Bobby Bowden described years ago about the progression of building a team. Lose big, lose small, win small, win big. The team is losing by a smaller margin this year than last. Eventually those close losses will become close wins.

Completely fine with that, it does make me wonder though, is Bradley really on that much of a hot seat as we make it seem when we're pissing and moaning left and right? 

If you watch zero games, and only look at the stats, you would think everyone is safe for the most part. 
Quote:Until the improvements anyone with functional eyes can see for themselves start to result in more wins, thise improvements will be ignored by a certain population.

Exactly.  The fact that we're critiquing 1 or 2 plays per game that adversely affected the outcome is a major step forward in comparison to the prior 2 years.
Quote:Completely fine with that, it does make me wonder though, is Bradley really on that much of a hot seat as we make it seem when we're [BAD WORD REMOVED] and moaning left and right? 

If you watch zero games, and only look at the stats, you would think everyone is safe for the most part. 

I'd have to say he's only on the hot seat (at the end of the year) to the extent that the fans don't show and renew their tix.  Just like in the NCAA, when the Boosters threaten to leave, the Coach goes.
People wanting to get rid of Bradley need to realize that would most likely be the end of Olsen also. It seems he and his system have been good for Blake Bortles
Quote:People wanting to get rid of Bradley need to realize that would most likely be the end of Olsen also. It seems he and his system have been good for Blake Bortles
Yeah, unless Maronne is made HC and Keeps the staff together...

however, he'd likely assemble a different defensive staff...

people will still complain though....
They didn't get blown out by a 40 year old QB, and a horrible Bucs team, clearly they are miles ahead. Everyone sees the improvement within the players, yet somehow the Jags keep finding ways every week to shoot themselves in the foot over and over. This team could easily be 3-2 with better coaching.
so..... coaches bad?

Quote:They didn't get blown out by a 40 year old QB, and a horrible Bucs team, clearly they are miles ahead. Everyone sees the improvement within the players, yet somehow the Jags keep finding ways every week to shoot themselves in the foot over and over. This team could easily be 3-2 with better coaching.
we could be 5-0 with better players
Quote:so..... coaches bad?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that was the overall indication with my post. Hah. 
Quote:we could be 5-0 with better players

You do realize we'd be 3-2 at least, with even the minimum of positives at halftime adjustments right? The players skill level is much closer to being competitive than the coaching is.
"Stats are for losers, final scores are for winners." -Bill Belichick
Quote:"Stats are for losers, final scores are for winners." -Bill Belichick

Obviously. LOL 
Quote:Obviously. LOL
So your point is? We're putting up prettier stats than last year? Want a cookie?
Quote:So your point is? We're putting up prettier stats than last year? Want a cookie?

The point is the team is getting better and better.  The losses still sting but you shouldn't be a baby about it.
Quote:The point is the team is getting better and better.  The losses still sting but you shouldn't be a baby about it.
1-4 and they still suck. That's the point. Get it out your mouth for a second to recognize it.
Quote:You do realize we'd be 3-2 at least, with even the minimum of positives at halftime adjustments right? The players skill level is much closer to being competitive than the coaching is.
I think coaches coach, they game plan. 

Execution is all on players. When they miss a block or block on a punt return, or fumble... that is on the players.

So, I'm of the opinion that these young kids need to calm down on game day.

Nerves is what I chalked up the dropped passes to. Those guys (the two allens) seemed to have calmed down.

Missed tackles? The most simple part of football, often screwed up by over thinking, bad angles, and missed assignments.... that's on the player, in game.

Whether it is a lack of talent (LG, backup MLB, 4th string DBs, 3rd string RBs) or just players making mental errors, it is on them to clean it up.

Some of it comes with time (Bortles, Drob, 2 Allens)

some of them, need to speed it up, and possibly can't.

Pages: 1 2 3