Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Remember when people on the forums were like "idc if we lose as long as we're competitive"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
We've been in it to the end in every game this year aside from the NE game.. why aren't you guys happy? Improvement is there guys come on let's not be so upset the season isn't over yet we have an offense finally clicking we just gotta put it all together, I feel like we've seen nothing yet just wait till JT and Marks are playing full game snaps this teams gonna be pretty good weather it's toward the end of this season or next year. I'm excited, you should be too.

That "Potential" we've been talking about for years, imo has just turned into a lot of "promise". Just let this resinate a little bit, Hurns is 24, AR-15 is 22! and Blake is only 23, if these guys keep improving we have a lot of weapons for YEARS and YEARS to come.

We shouldn't be losing to one of the worst teams in the league. After 3 years that should be gone. But hey....sprinkles for everyone! Smile

You fans are to blame, you should be happy that we lose how dare you want to win, bad fans, bad!

lol

Quote:We've been in it to the end in every game this year aside from the NE game.. why aren't you guys happy? Improvement is there guys come on let's not be so upset the season isn't over yet we have an offense finally clicking we just gotta put it all together, I feel like we've seen nothing yet just wait till JT and Marks are playing full game snaps this teams gonna be pretty good weather it's toward the end of this season or next year. I'm excited, you should be too.

That "Potential" we've been talking about for years, imo has just turned into a lot of "promise". Just let this resinate a little bit, Hurns is 24, AR-15 is 22! and Blake is only 23, if these guys keep improving we have a lot of weapons for YEARS and YEARS to come.
Good thing I wasn't one of those "guys" 3rd year of a rebuild should have a team that wins winnable games and competes in games that are way above their heads. I assumed that we would go 8-8 at best and 6-10 at worst. The problem is that so far we have lost some of those winnable games. I believe that's why people are so angry this year. We are losing the small amount of games that we thought we had a chance in.
Those words never came out of my mouth. I said 8 wins minimum.
Quote:We shouldn't be losing to one of the worst teams in the league. After 3 years that should be gone. But hey....sprinkles for everyone! Smile

And hot fudge??
How many fans on here think that the team can change things around and still make the playoffs this year?

how about next if everything remains the same as far as coaching?

" I dont care if we lose"?

By year three? Are you kidding? People USED to say that in year one of the rebuild.

I seriously want to know, in 2013, if these apologist (not talking specifically about the OP) had a crystal ball that showed them how this team would perform three years into the rebuild, how many of them would of followed through with the signing of this coaching staff?

I would say none of them, but then again the apologist are pretty dumb.

Quote:You fans are to blame, you should be happy that we lose how dare you want to win, bad fans, bad!

lol
Don't think you're understanding my point..

I'm not saying "woo we lost yayayaya" i'm saying, we went from a team last year that was getting blown out every week, game was over by half time to a team that's competitive to the end.. we're like 3 plays away from being 3-2 right now, a missed FG, a fumble for the opposing team to score on..  we're very close, not something we could legitimately say last year.

Don't get me wrong, I get upset/angry after every loss anyway, but after the steam clears I try to look at the real positives that took place and you all should to.
Okay I see your point Gus's first year .250% and now in his 3rd year the team is .250% that is a huge improvement.

People didn't understand that there is no such thing as a pretty loss in the NFL.

Close losses just mean mistakes in critical situations.

A lot of people were saying they would be  happy with 6-10 if we show progress. They were fooling themselves.

There is too much parity in talent to have moral victories or losses at the professional level. A 6-10 team is just one that blows more opportunities than they take advantage of. A 6-10 team is just a sloppy team.

A good looking or promising 6-10 team is a myth. When you actually see it, 6-10 is ugly.
I was one of these people and honestly I still am. Im thankfully we are being far more competitive and can see improvements. However man do I wish we could have some more wins. Then again I'm also VERY thankful we got a win so early on. I was so scared we would go til our bye week or so until we got our first win.

Quote:I was one of these people and honestly I still am. Im thankfully we are being far more competitive and can see improvements. However man do I wish we could have some more wins. Then again I'm also VERY thankful we got a win so early on. I was so scared we would go til our bye week or so until we got our first win.
I'm not trying to be a wise [BLEEP] or come off as rude or anything, but that's pretty much the whole point. You shouldn't have to worry about a team in the third year of its current regime, being winless by its bye week 2 months into the regular season.

Seriously, what other NFL Franchise would stand for that [BLEEP]?
one things FOR SURE

you will see AT LEAST 3 things next sunday and every sunday from this jags team that makes you shake your head

from 12 men on the field

to miss use of timeouts

to illegal formations while punting the damn ball

to players blocking for the other team

to kicking it out of bounds

to kicking it beyond our coverage team

to kicking it out the end zone from their 45

it's a sure thing at this point, that's a problem

I blame the fans for the debacle we're in.  It couldn't possibly be the coaches or the players as they are blameless pawns in this conspiracy.  The fans set expectations too high, some of us even expecting to win as many as 6 games this year.  

All fans should be whipped and flogged for their behavior and since they are so stupid and have only a kindergartner's grasp of football, they should all stop watching the games. 

Quote:We've been in it to the end in every game this year aside from the NE game.. why aren't you guys happy? Improvement is there guys come on let's not be so upset the season isn't over yet we have an offense finally clicking we just gotta put it all together, I feel like we've seen nothing yet just wait till JT and Marks are playing full game snaps this teams gonna be pretty good weather it's toward the end of this season or next year. I'm excited, you should be too.

I was one of those people who would have been fine with being competitive in year 2.  It's year 3 and we're getting out-coached every game.  Poor clock management, poor use of timeouts, silly penalties.  Gus is right - there is something wrong, and the problem is the coaching staff.  

Is it wrong to have high expectations?  I sincerely hope not.  This franchise has 3 winning season in the last 16 years.  That's pathetic and unacceptable.  We deserve better.  
Quote:Don't think you're understanding my point..

I'm not saying "woo we lost yayayaya" i'm saying, we went from a team last year that was getting blown out every week, game was over by half time to a team that's competitive to the end.. we're like 3 plays away from being 3-2 right now, a missed FG, a fumble for the opposing team to score on..  we're very close, not something we could legitimately say last year.

Don't get me wrong, I get upset/angry after every loss anyway, but after the steam clears I try to look at the real positives that took place and you all should to.

We're also probably a few plays away from being 0-5.  It works both ways.
Pepperidge Farms remembers.

Quote:Don't think you're understanding my point..

Uh..... I'm not sure which team you watched last year, but the Jacksonville Jaguars were not getting blown our every week of the 2014 season.

We were actually in most of the games we played last year.
Keep forgetting that expectations don't change, especially when your rookie quarterback has improved much more than anyone anticipated.

Pages: 1 2