Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: 23 missed tackles against the buccaneers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Along with 7 tackles for a loss.
Outrageous. No excuse for that. Make half of those and we win
lol bad defense.

thanks, telvin, cyp, and sergio

maybe you three could stop laughing and being all loud and obnoxious and start making routine tackles

Good lord. What's the average for a good team? 5-10 max?
On one play?

I'm pretty sure Thurston Armbrister alone had more than 23 missed tackles.

Quote:Outrageous. No excuse for that. Make half of those and we win

Make half of those missed tackles (or the equivalent stat) in every game this year and we're 3-1.

That's the frustrating thing about this team right now. It's so close to seeing results, but at every turn something seems to go wrong - some things that are out of the control of the team and the players, and some that are very much in their control. The last couple of years it's been possible to shrug it off to an extent by accepting that they just weren't a very good team - that there wasn't the talent on the roster to get things right.

But this year the talent's there. We can see it in patches. There have been spots where the defence has played at least adequately. There have been long stretches where the offence has shown signs of being what we wanted it to be this year. But it's not coming together consistently. If it does, then we're a much better team than our record shows. Certain people need to start making sure those changes get made if they want to have a chance to keep their jobs...

Quote:thanks, telvin, cyp, and sergio

maybe you three could stop laughing and being all loud and obnoxious and start making routine tackles

Telvin had 13 solo tackles. He was hardly the problem.
That's pathetic smh.....
Terrible.

What's seriously frustrating is the fact that for 3 earlier games, most people were applauding the defense and berating the offense for not being able to score.

Example:

"Holding teams to 16 points should be more than enough to win."

Which was true.

Now:

"Scoring 30 points should be more than enough to win."

Really, the offense finally shows up, and the defense does a vanishing act. The loss of POZ hurts big-time IMO. His skills are limited at coverage,,, but he really is a "leader/captain" out there for the other guys. He goes a long way towards getting guys in the right spots and situations. Without him out there Sunday,, well, we saw what happened.
Agreed, I think MLB is our biggest area of need. I don't think it's a coincidence that the first game without Poz results in our worst run defense.
In a row?!?!?!? (Clerks reference)
It is not just the missed tackles that is alarming.  The horrible angles the players take leaves me baffled.  My goodness you are 30 yards away from the ball carrier DON"T RUN TO WHERE THE BALL IS, RUN TO WHERE HE IS GOING TO BE WHEN YOU GET THERE!

It is Tuesday and I am still in shock that this "built" team got smacked around by THE BUCS. Jameis threw like 4 picks a game against NC State, Louisville, and Wake Forest yet our ice cream defense couldn't even get one. What a joke.

It was 24 but they credited Pierce with a great block instead.

Doesnt matter what scheme or coach you have,if you miss that many tackles you don't deserve to win.
Quote:I'm pretty sure Thurston Armbrister alone had more than 23 missed tackles.
He really did look out of place... He looked real bad.
Quote:I'm pretty sure Thurston Armbrister alone had more than 23 missed tackles.
Agreed...yet there are those here down on Poz.  His absence was obvious. Thurston Howell could've done better  ( ok,,a Gilligans Island reference..lame...but this guy is more suited to whiffle ball )
Quote:It was 24 but they credited Pierce with a great block instead.

Hahahaha
Pages: 1 2