Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Trump Plans to Begin E.P.A. Rollback With Order on Clean Water
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
As long as its not my drinking water right?

<p class="" style="margin-left:60px;font-family:georgia, 'times new roman', times, serif;color:rgb(51,51,51);">WASHINGTON — President Trump is expected to sign an executive order on Tuesday aimed at rolling back one of former President Barack Obama’s major environmental regulations to protect American waterways, but it will have almost no immediate legal effect, according to two people familiar with the White House plans.

<p class="" style="margin-left:60px;font-family:georgia, 'times new roman', times, serif;color:rgb(51,51,51);">The order will essentially give Mr. Trump a megaphone to direct his new <a class="" href='http://topics.nytimes.com/top/reference/timestopics/organizations/e/environmental_protection_agency/index.html?inline=nyt-org' title="More articles about the Environmental Protection Agency.">Environmental Protection Agency</a> administrator, Scott Pruitt, to begin the complicated legal process of rewriting the sweeping 2015 rule known as Waters of the United States. But that effort could take longer than a single presidential term, legal experts said.

<p class="" style="margin-left:60px;font-family:georgia, 'times new roman', times, serif;color:rgb(51,51,51);">An advance copy of the order was viewed by The New York Times on Monday. It is the first of two announcements expected to direct Mr. Pruitt to begin dismantling the major pillars of Mr. Obama’s environmental legacy.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/28/us/po....html?_r=0

Smart move.

This fake legislation has nothing to do with "clean water."

No one's water will be less clean because of this move.

Bravo.

Flint, Michigan did so well under the Obama administration...Don't worry, Trump will clean up his messes.

No more fluoride in the water?

Cool.

It's a very good start.

Quote:No more fluoride in the water?

Cool.
Fluoride in the water is dumbest thing ever (espically since its main benenfit preventing cavities, can be gotten with nontoxic substances). Lets give everyone systemic flouride because topical flouride helps prevent cavities (even though its toxic). Thats like saying you should ingest botulism toxin because injecting localized Botox removes wrinkles. Its poison! Its still poison! Why would you ever ingest it through your skin and GI tract?
Quote:Fluoride in the water is dumbest thing ever (espically since its main benenfit preventing cavities, can be gotten with nontoxic substances). Lets give everyone systemic flouride because topical flouride helps prevent cavities (even though its toxic). Thats like saying you should ingest botulism toxin because injecting localized Botox removes wrinkles. Its poison! Its still poison! Why would you ever ingest it through your skin and GI tract?

Nonsense. The dose makes the poison. The small amount of fluoride cities put in drinking water is harmless. People living in cities are not dying younger than people living in rural areas (at least when race and lifestyle are taken into account).

Whether it actually does prevent cavities is another matter, but it's harmless.

Fluoride is pointless and shouldn't be put in water.
Prior to now, EPA would have considered this a "navigable waterway:"

[Image: C5yrE_TWcAEPEWs.jpg]
Quote:Nonsense. The dose makes the poison. The small amount of fluoride cities put in drinking water is harmless. People living in cities are not dying younger than people living in rural areas (at least when race and lifestyle are taken into account).

Whether it actually does prevent cavities is another matter, but it's harmless.
Its not harmless to children at which the toxic dose becomes much smaller. And which is easily absorbed through their skin while bathing. Should we add arsenic to the water because in low enough doses it doesn't cause acute disease? Nonsense, nonsense, nonsense. I shouldn't have to filter out a medication (loosely using that term with fluoride, cause I don't think its beneficial at all) from a water supply.

If you want Fluoride in your water, you should add it yourself. Don't force me (especially as a renter) to have it in my supply just because some dentist thought it was a good idea in the 60's.

Quote:Fluoride is pointless and shouldn't be put in water.
This is one of the few times I want to be in other countries is when we talk about food and water. We get the shaft here in the US and people defend it.

Quote:Flint, Michigan did so well under the Obama administration...Don't worry, Trump will clean up his messes.

Obama has nothing to do with the Flint water crisis and didn't have the authority to get involved. That is all on Governor Snyder.
Quote:Obama has nothing to do with the Flint water crisis and didn't have the authority to get involved. That is all on Governor Snyder.

Yeah, just like Katrina. Clearly Obama hates black people.
Quote:Yeah, just like Katrina. Clearly Obama hates black people.

LOL.  The left will never get it.
Quote:Its not harmless to children at which the toxic dose becomes much smaller. And which is easily absorbed through their skin while bathing. Should we add arsenic to the water because in low enough doses it doesn't cause acute disease? Nonsense, nonsense, nonsense. I shouldn't have to filter out a medication (loosely using that term with fluoride, cause I don't think its beneficial at all) from a water supply.

If you want Fluoride in your water, you should add it yourself. Don't force me (especially as a renter) to have it in my supply just because some dentist thought it was a good idea in the 60's.

This is one of the few times I want to be in other countries is when we talk about food and water. We get the shaft here in the US and people defend it.
Its the same here man. Its added to 70% of the water in Ireland. The issue comes up every few years but it seems its one of those things that has been done for so long most just kind of go with it so it stays.

Not to mention they put enough flouride in toothpaste anyway. 

Back on topic, the water was perfectly safe under the old regulations, a new one didn't need to be added. That's the problem with the EPA, very few are actually in the field protecting the air and water. Most of them have nothing to do but make up new expensive regulations that have no effect on the environment.

Quote:Back on topic, the water was perfectly safe under the old regulations, a new one didn't need to be added. That's the problem with the EPA, very few are actually in the field protecting the air and water. Most of them have nothing to do but make up new expensive regulations that have no effect on the environment.
Something to consider:

I work in an environment that has 3 different audit teams visit each and every year.  All three are in part of the federal government.  One directly, two quasi however those two strictly follow the federal guide lines.  All 3 audit teams will find fault with the operation, often times contradicting each other.  My point is an audit team will always find fault with some aspect of the operation to justify the need of the audit team.  Far too often to the extreme of contradicting a positive from a previous audit to finding fault on the current audit.  

The point that I am attempting to make is if a department or agency is relying on funds based on finding fault that they will always find fault.  
Quote:Something to consider:

I work in an environment that has 3 different audit teams visit each and every year. All three are in part of the federal government. One directly, two quasi however those two strictly follow the federal guide lines. All 3 audit teams will find fault with the operation, often times contradicting each other. My point is an audit team will always find fault with some aspect of the operation to justify the need of the audit team. Far too often to the extreme of contradicting a positive from a previous audit to finding fault on the current audit.

The point that I am attempting to make is if a department or agency is relying on funds based on finding fault that they will always find fault.
Yea cops always find crime

Firefighters always find fires

Doctors always find sickness

I wish funding would be cut for everybody that's supposed to find things that is part of their job description and enables them to keep working. These people are so selfish finding things that they are supposed to fine.
Quote:Yea cops always find crime

I don't want to divert from the subject matter too much, but I don't understand the logic behind this comment.

Cops don't create the crime. Firefighters don't create the fires. Doctors don't create the sickness.

You can't cut funding and expect better performing employees. In other words, you can't have overly qualified cops and firefighters when you're only willing to pay them the bare minimum. There's this idea that they should be well trained (I agree), but you can't cut funding and expect all of that to still work out.
Quote:Yea cops always find crime

I wish funding would be cut for everybody that's supposed to find things that is part of their job description and enables them to keep working. These people are so selfish finding things that they are supposed to fine.
I have gone out of my way to keep an open mind and show respect to each and every poster.  You however have exceeded my capability to do so with this post.  You are either so far up the lefts [BLEEP] that you will defend whatever they tell you to or are willfully being a complete jerk.  The sad part is I think you are capable of forming your own thoughts but are unwilling to do so.
I catch flack for not appearing to be civil with some, but this is the reason it appears that way.  I've already experienced the discussions with them and post history has shown me the poster(s) where civility and logic will/will not have any effect.  Respect was not earned by their posts.

He's just upset that the fraudulent work he's lined his pockets with may disappear when clearer heads prevail.  Better to face reality than live a lie that enriches you.  It's a house of cards that's able to come crashing down at any given moment.

Pages: 1 2