Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The play that cost us the game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Tight game 24-23 in the 3rd in a must win 

And we call a toss pitch to an undrafted rookie who has like 2 carries all year, he fumbles TB defense scores and ball game

This is the time to ride your horses not try to be fancy 

Our run d lost this game
Agree completely. Ridiculous idea to throw Grant out there. Put Bernard Pierce out there if anything... Grant has proven he can't catch and he can fumble the ball. Just cause he broke a run against 4th stringers in pre-season doesn't mean anything

Quote:Our run d lost this game
Agreed!

A bad defense lead by a defensive coach.
Quote:Agree completely. Ridiculous idea to throw Grant out there. Put Bernard Pierce out there if anything... Grant has proven he can't catch and he can fumble the ball. Just cause he broke a run against 4th stringers in pre-season doesn't mean anything

Pierce was injured.
That was definitely the momentum shifter. After that everything went downhill.

Run D and pass rush.  That pathetic Oline trashed our front 7 all day

Well what do you expect?

Same crap last week, at a critical moment in the game they put in Slowby, and stall the drive.

The coaches are awful.

Quote:Our run d lost this game
As bad as the defense was, if we dont spot them easy points we win easy, Blake was hot 
No... The first half showed it would take perfect execution to win. The defense is pedestrian. Good to see improvement on offense but this team is deficient on defense. Who is the play maker?

This game should be the final nail in the coffin for Gus. Seriously, what kind of game were they coaching today? This was beyond ridiculous. This team is way better than this.

Quote:Pierce was injured.
Welp, so was Yeldon. Guess we're just cursed.
Quote:Welp, so was Yeldon. Guess we're just cursed.

I really believe the second half thread caused us today's heartache.
Our defense is so vanilla. Any QB can T off on us it's too easy. There is no disguising our coverage. What you see is what you get. It's time for a change. There is a lot of talent on this team we really need a real coach to put it together.
Quote:I really believe the second half thread caused us today's heartache.
I'm numb to the pain now. Last week took everything I had left in me. This is the time of season where you just watch and have no emotion left.
Quote:Agree completely. Ridiculous idea to throw Grant out there. Put Bernard Pierce out there if anything... Grant has proven he can't catch and he can fumble the ball. Just cause he broke a run against 4th stringers in pre-season doesn't mean anything

We didn't seem to mind earlier in the game when Grant took a pitch for a 1st down. Did you call out Grant being on the field then? Honest question. Kudos if you did.
Bortles and the passing game are functioning well.  But this is the 2nd week in a row the great effort was ruined by a rookie mistake. 

The defense was not good today but we are so thin on D with new injuries constantly.  It's tough to even field a team sometimes. 

Or when they converted a 56 yard RB screen on 3rd and 15.
What happened to the play side blocking on those toss plays?  Two or three times Tampa had penetration deep into the backfield blowing up those plays, causing the fumble that gave Tampa the lead and momentum.

Quote:I really believe the second half thread caused us today's heartache.

This abysmal team has finally driven you to believe in superstition. Welcome to the dark side. Soon, you will see the real curse is John Oehser.
Pages: 1 2