Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Thoughts on X-Box One
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So my wife and I are planning on getting the xbox one.

The system looks pretty good, but I'm not an expert with it or what it can really do.

We had a 360, but gave it away for a ps3, which was ok, but I missed some of the games and features of the x box live subscription.

My daughter is excited to get to play happy wars again, and I'm excited about star wars battleground.

Who here has an Xbox one? What do you like best about it? Are there any special features not many know about? What's the thing that bugs you about it, if anything?
i do and i love it... although i hyped it up to one of my friends and after he bought it, his only complaint was the initial loading times of games. it can take a few minutes to install some games but after that i have never had a problem at all. absolutely love it.

Quote:i do and i love it... although i hyped it up to one of my friends and after he bought it, his only complaint was the initial loading times of games. it can take a few minutes to install some games but after that i have never had a problem at all. absolutely love it.

Sweet, yeah, I'm pretty stoked that she wanted to get one for Christmas!

Are you planning on getting battle front?
My wife and I just got one and we love it. We run all of our entertainment through it. My favorite game so far on it is Arkham Knight (assuming you like Batman).
Quote:My wife and I just got one and we love it. We run all of our entertainment through it. My favorite game so far on it is Arkham Knight (assuming you like Batman).

I never played any of the arkham games. They look pretty cool.

Christmas can't get here soon enough!
Quote:Sweet, yeah, I'm pretty stoked that she wanted to get one for Christmas!

Are you planning on getting battle front?
yeah man def getting battle front and fallout... fallout 4 is suppose to release 11/11... thats one of my favorite game series of all time... they are quite time consuming but elder scrolls and fallout are incredible games.
Quote:yeah man def getting battle front and fallout... fallout 4 is suppose to release 11/11... thats one of my favorite game series of all time... they are quite time consuming but elder scrolls and fallout are incredible games.

Fallout looks amazing, but I won't have time to play it...

I think the kids will like the star wars game. I showed my 6 year old the trailer for the game and she was excited when Darth Vader activated his saber at the end. I think I sold her in it! Win for me!

Hopefully it means less mine craft in my future
Quote:I never played any of the arkham games. They look pretty cool.

Christmas can't get here soon enough!

If you've played one you've played all of them, Arkham City is the crème de la crème 
I've had mine since release night. Last one in line at my Best Buy.

Coolest thing I've bought for the living room. Ever.

Kinda creepy that it's always listening...but whatever.

I own one and enjoy it, but I mainly bought it for my son.

You are always better off just putting that money towards your own personalized home computer instead of microsoft's fat pockets.

I bought it when it came out and already had to pay $200 dollars to Microsoft to try to fix it in which they gave me a refurbished one when they couldnt fix my original. 

Quote:I've had mine since release night. Last one in line at my Best Buy.

Coolest thing I've bought for the living room. Ever.

Kinda creepy that it's always listening...but whatever.

We've been watching you, and you touch yourself way too much.

Blush
haha right...

Makes you wonder...

That's only if you buy that sensor bar thing, right?

We're not gonna get that... Lol...
Quote:That's only if you buy that sensor bar thing, right?

Yeah they have 2 different base bundles. One has Kinect and the other does not. 

I have not upgraded to a new gen console yet and am still trying to decide between PS4 and XB1 since prices are starting to drop. PS4 as of the 10th is dropping to $350 for the base bundles.

Anyone who has both have an opinion on which route to go? If it matters I also have a solid gaming PC.
Do people really have both?

Ballin'...

There really is no point having the xbox one unless you have the Kinect with it.

So cool walking through the door saying "Xbox on", TV turns on and so does Tivo.
Yeah turns everything on. Receivers, cable boxes...

Xbox Go to Netflix, Go to HBOGo, watch tv, Xbox pause, mute, on and on. It's gotten to where I try to use it in other rooms...lol "Xbox..dang it..."

Quote:Yeah turns everything on. Receivers, cable boxes...

Xbox Go to Netflix, Go to HBOGo, watch tv, Xbox pause, mute, on and on. It's gotten to where I try to use it in other rooms...lol "Xbox..dang it..."

Those other rooms are where you get you a harmony remote Big Grin
Quote:That's only if you buy that sensor bar thing, right?

Its okay the NSA already has everything else that they need... that is all.
Quote:Those other rooms are where you get you a harmony remote Big Grin
Yeah, I just wish I could tell it to turn off!

Can you talk to Harmony remotes yet?
Pages: 1 2