Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Texas transgender wrestler wins state championship
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Anyone see this story?

Mack Beggs, a 17-year-old high school wrestler who is transitioning from female to male, took home gold in the 110-weight class of the Texas girls state championship after the state refused to allow the student to compete against boys.

Beggs, his family and many of his opponents wanted him to wrestle against male wrestlers, but state sport regulations require athletes to compete according to their birth gender.

He should be allowed to compete against other males to be honest. Its unfair to all the girls competing against him due to mass amounts of testosterone he is taking to help his transition. Its pretty dangerous and helps nobody. He evens says himself that he would rather wrestle against the guys.
I'm more concerned about what bathroom he used afterwards.
By virtue of taking the testosterone he/she should be ineligible for high school athletics anyway.
Quote:By virtue of taking the testosterone he/she should be ineligible for high school athletics anyway.

Probably the right answer.

I'm not sure how much testosterone they give transgenders though, I'd imagine its a good deal higher than than that of the normal male though.
He's juicing, how can that be fair to his opponents that aren't?
This is hilarious! Lol..
Quote:He's juicing, how can that be fair to his opponents that aren't?

Well if it only brings his testosterone levels up to that of a standard male his age then I don't have a problem with it.
Quote:Well if it only brings his testosterone levels up to that of a standard male his age then I don't have a problem with it.

If he was being matched against other males, it wouldn't be a big deal. Against other girls that aren't taking testosterone, it really can't be fair.
Quote:Well if it only brings his testosterone levels up to that of a standard male his age then I don't have a problem with it.

Irrelevant really, it's a performance enhancing hormone treatment. He/she is not "natural" and therefore should be removed from amateur competition. If guys with an Adderall script can't participate then this is clearly out of bounds IMO.

They have wrestling for girls?

Quote:They have wrestling for girls?
When I wrestled it was coed the girls had to compete against the boys if they wanted to wrestle.

We had one on our team she was a few weight classes below me and she quit about a quarter into the preseason training, can't blame her she didn't stand much of a chance. There was one girl that hung around but she was older than me and used to just help coach on the weekends she was a [BLEEP] and she was hawt. Could kick your [BLEEP] hawt.
Quote:Anyone see this story?

Mack Beggs, a 17-year-old high school wrestler who is transitioning from female to male, took home gold in the 110-weight class of the Texas girls state championship after the state refused to allow the student to compete against boys.

Beggs, his family and many of his opponents wanted him to wrestle against male wrestlers, but state sport regulations require athletes to compete according to their birth gender.

He should be allowed to compete against other males to be honest. Its unfair to all the girls competing against him due to mass amounts of testosterone he is taking to help his transition. Its pretty dangerous and helps nobody. He evens says himself that he would rather wrestle against the guys.
So this girl is taking a bunch of testosterone to transition and wins the wrestling match? Um, pretty sure that's cheating, even if that wasn't 'her' goal.
Quote:They have wrestling for girls?

Title IX
Quote:Irrelevant really, it's a performance enhancing hormone treatment. He/she is not "natural" and therefore should be removed from amateur competition. If guys with an Adderall script can't participate then this is clearly out of bounds IMO.

If his testosterone is at normal level when competing against males then I don't have a problem with it. He'd still be at a disadvantage compared to all of the other males and would probably struggle to win anything.
Quote:So this girl is taking a bunch of testosterone to transition and wins the wrestling match? Um, pretty sure that's cheating, even if that wasn't 'her' goal.

It sure is cheating. He isn't allowed to compete against males at the moment so he probably should just not compete.
Quote:When I wrestled it was coed the girls had to compete against the boys if they wanted to wrestle.

We had one on our team she was a few weight classes below me and she quit about a quarter into the preseason training, can't blame her she didn't stand much of a chance. There was one girl that hung around but she was older than me and used to just help coach on the weekends she was a [BAD WORD REMOVED] and she was hawt. Could kick your [BAD WORD REMOVED] hawt.

Same for me and our girl happened to be in my weight class. She stuck it out though.
Quote:Same for me and our girl happened to be in my weight class. She stuck it out though.

Thankfully there was no girls in the 215lbs weight class, just us big fatties going at it.
It's a joke. And this is what I was more concerned about compared to where a human being decides to drop a deuce in public outings. Now we're blurring the lines and it shows the effects. I don't care if you were born male or female. You simply cannot argue with biology and genetic make up. You may "feel" like the opposite sex but your body dictates and determines otherwise. And the fact that this person could jump into the opposite spectrum and dominate is ridiculous. 

Anyone remember GLOW back in the 80's? Some of them chicks were cute.. Some, not so much, but still gave me pervy ideas as a kid..
Here is my thing, if this kid has ''identified''male, then why would this kid not want to compete against males? You can't have it both ways. Want to be a male? Compete against males. It is a no brainer. This is how backwards thinking people are today, this includes everyone who looked into the appeal and said it was ok for him to compete in the female tournament, on juice. 

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6