Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Conspiracy Theory: American Sniper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So we know about the much publicized move American Sniper which was based on a true story of Chris Kyle, was one of the deadliest soldiers in the world, if not the deadliest. I wonder if the parts in the movie pertaining to him having a hit on his head were true. It would make sense. But lets say it is true. We know about his murder at the shooting range by a disgruntled and psychotic soldier. 

What if the soldier had known about the hit on Chris Kyle's head, and he went there to collect the reward money for it? What if he did it because he had his life turned upside down due to the nature of war, and he wanted to do something to show his family he wasn't a screw up and give them the money? What if that was one of the first things that ISIS did in terms of infiltration on our soil to see if they could get someone dead to make an example? 

Just saying, it seems like it could be a potential possibility that resulted in his death. 

Oh and, lets keep the insults out or you are admitting that you like to elbow drop a pile of cute kittens and babies. 

I doubt it.

Speaking of Sniper movies though, supposedly in 2017 there's a movie coming out (not sure if it'll come to the US or not) called The White Death based on Finnish Sniper Simo Hayha.  Amazing sniper who preferred using the natural iron sight to a telescopic one, and I believe has the highest number of confirmed kills. Hopefully it does come to the US.  

Unlikely.
As soon as it happened there were rumors that it was a hit.

There were some that said the Govt may have done it...

Who knows. I'm just sitting here in my tin-foil hat.

Quote:As soon as it happened there were rumors that it was a hit.

There were some that said the Govt may have done it...

Who knows. I'm just sitting here in my tin-foil hat.
I just added a layer to my hat.
the Chris Kyle story is full of Crap it's ridiculous. Just look up his comments on what he claims to have done during hurricane Katrina.

he was probably just a patsy the military industrial complex created with the whole " confirmed" kills tag, someone to send out for public relations during an unpopular war.

Now who killed home and why I'd suspect who ever helped create his hero personification had him taken out, it was becoming obvious he was off his rocker. You can't have your American sniper going around claiming to off civilians during national emergencies and still have the myth hold up.
Quote:the Chris Kyle story is full of Crap it's ridiculous. Just look up his comments on what he claims to have done during hurricane Katrina.

he was probably just a patsy the military industrial complex created with the whole " confirmed" kills tag, someone to send out for public relations during an unpopular war.

Now who killed home and why I'd suspect who ever helped create his hero personification had him taken out, it was becoming obvious he was off his rocker. You can't have your American sniper going around claiming to off civilians during national emergencies and still have the myth hold up.
that movie seemed like utter propaganda to me. Clint Eastwood movies are so black and white there is no room for grey areas, so the good guys are put on the highest alter and bad Guys are demonized to epic levels, which isn't really a problem until he attempts to base it off a true story. The movie it's self didn't bother me as much as public reaction. To sensationalize a guy who killed hundreds of people in a way of showing him as a good Ole southern/ Bradley cooper/ great guy who was remorseful about what he did when his own biography paints a very different picture was kinda sickening for me. Reminded me of the nazi propaganda film about a sniper in ww2 "nations pride".

it would be one thing to base this type of story in a documentary style setting that showed an objective take on who chris kyle was and what he did, but i think the public as a whole is not smart enough to realize the difference between the movie chris kyle and the actual chris kyle. im not saying there isnt a place in our military for people like him, there absolutly are roles for that, but it is important to understand the difference between the person american sniper attempted to portray, and the real killers that enter the war settings. if anything it discredits the guys who really do those jobs and makes it seem like any good ole southern hick can go out there and be a chris kyle. tbh, if we ever want peace or something that resembles it on this planet, that movie was the opposite of the what this country and the rest of the world needed.

There's a conspiracy theory for everything but I doubt this one

Apparently things at home weren't as happy as portrayed either. 

But alas, who cares. He's dead, she's rich, end of story.

I know this is kind of off topic, but why are most military movies considered propaganda? I see this word used a lot when military movies come out. That and they're 'recruitment' tools. 

I don't think the guy killed Chris for the reasons the OP said. I think the guy was just messed up in the head and snapped. 

The movie doesn't in any way tell the full story.  His autobiography is a great read that offers up true insight into his life.

As far as his death, it was a tragedy caused by someone that was really messed up.  It was sad because the young man (Chris Kyle) was finally getting his life in order by finally being a father and a husband, and trying to do some good.

As Hollywood usually does, they took a basic story and tried to make it "action packed" and "exciting".  The movie portrays the real life of a sniper about as much as the movie Top Gun portrays life in the Navy and on board an aircraft carrier.

Quote:I know this is kind of off topic, but why are most military movies considered propaganda? I see this word used a lot when military movies come out. That and they're 'recruitment' tools. 

I don't think the guy killed Chris for the reasons the OP said. I think the guy was just messed up in the head and snapped. 
i dont necessarily think it was intentional recruitment propaganda in the way nations pride was used Germany because we didnt need a influx of recruitment when this movie was produced. but i do think the way this movie portrayed certain events could have, and in some ways did, change the way people viewed our presences in iraq. for example, alot of chris kyle's confirmed kills occured in 2nd battle of Fallujah which is notoriously nasty mission that is controversial on alot of levels. a siege that left 250,000 civilians displaced and while may have accomplished our mission, is still one that viewed in a very negative way world wide on the US's occupation in iraq. American Sniper made the US seem very justified in most of our actions by demonizing the enemy to a level that while may be accurate in some ways, fails to paint the picture from the other side of the fence what so ever. 

what im getting at is, this may not have been a recruitment tool so much as it was a tool change the view or reinforce the view of certain Americans.
Quote: 

what im getting at is, this may not have been a recruitment tool so much as it was a tool change the view or reinforce the view of certain Americans.
So wouldn't it be considered propaganda in the way you explained it here? I'm not saying it was. To me it was a Hollywood movie of a real guy. I don't get into it anymore than that. 
Quote:The movie doesn't in any way tell the full story.  His autobiography is a great read that offers up true insight into his life.

As far as his death, it was a tragedy caused by someone that was really messed up.  It was sad because the young man (Chris Kyle) was finally getting his life in order by finally being a father and a husband, and trying to do some good.

As Hollywood usually does, they took a basic story and tried to make it "action packed" and "exciting".  The movie portrays the real life of a sniper about as much as the movie Top Gun portrays life in the Navy and on board an aircraft carrier.
You are telling me there are not spontaneous beach volleyball seshes in the regular in the Navy? You sir, are a blasphemer of the highest order. Top Gun is the greatest documentary ever made. 
Quote:So wouldn't it be considered propaganda in the way you explained it here? I'm not saying it was. To me it was a Hollywood movie of a real guy. I don't get into it anymore than that. 
If the bold was how the public interpreted this film, then no, it wasnt propaganda. But me and you both know this wasnt the public's reaction to the film. He was considered a hero after this film. A film that wasnt a documentary and left out very key points to Chris's true state of mind in an attempt to paint a different of the picture of an "American Sniper". My brother was a first recon marine who has been diagnosed with ptsd, i deal with him waking up screaming in the middle of the night on a weekly basis and he will  not confide in anyone about some of the things he went through. i can i honestly say i dont understand the stresses of war. that is why i think this movie paints a unhealthy image of what war scenarios really do a person on both sides of a battle. this movie clearly elevates one side and demonizes another which, maybe its just for me, is clear propaganda. 
prop·a·gan·da

<div style="font-size:large;">ˌpräpəˈɡandə/

<div><i>noun</i>

<ol class="">[*]

<div>1.

<div>
<div>derogatory
information, especially of a biased or misleading nature, used to promote or publicize a particular political cause or point of view.

maybe it's just me, but this is what i saw in this movie.

</div>
</div>
</div>

</ol></div>
</div>
Quote:You are telling me there are not spontaneous beach volleyball seshes in the regular in the Navy? You sir, are a blasphemer of the highest order. Top Gun is the greatest documentary ever made. 

Top Gun is really a documentary about Tom Cruise's struggles with his homosexual tendencies. Goose represents the part of Tom's psyche that longs for a normal hetero life: wife, kids, career. Iceman is the deep dark underbelly of his true homosexual nature that longs to bubble to the surface. Throughout the film we see Maverick vacillate between gay and straight as he struggles to love a woman and resist his desire for Kazanski. The climactic moment of the movie is when Tom rejects the hetero-normative nature of American society by throwing Goose's dog tags, representative of his desires to be hetero, into the ocean. This is further confirmed when Maverick and Iceman express their double entendre-filled one-liners on the deck of the carrier. The epilogue shows Maverick, broken by his failure to persevere in the cultural challenges of the homosexual lifestyle, returning to Mirimar hopeful to rekindle the emotional flames he felt with Iceman, but instead submitting to the fraudulent cover of a relationship with a closeted lesbian.

Or so I've been told.

http://www.criticalfumble.net/forum/arch...13477.html
Quote:Top Gun is really a documentary about Tom Cruise's struggles with his homosexual tendencies. Goose represents the part of Tom's psyche that longs for a normal hetero life: wife, kids, career. Iceman is the deep dark underbelly of his true homosexual nature that longs to bubble to the surface. Throughout the film we see Maverick vacillate between gay and straight as he struggles to love a woman and resist his desire for Kazanski. The climactic moment of the movie is when Tom rejects the hetero-normative nature of American society by throwing Goose's dog tags, representative of his desires to be hetero, into the ocean. This is further confirmed when Maverick and Iceman express their double entendre-filled one-liners on the deck of the carrier. The epilogue shows Maverick, broken by his failure to persevere in the cultural challenges of the homosexual lifestyle, returning to Mirimar hopeful to rekindle the emotional flames he felt with Iceman, but instead submitting to the fraudulent cover of a relationship with a closeted lesbian.

Or so I've been told.

[Image: wXli4.gif]
Quote:Top Gun is really a documentary about Tom Cruise's struggles with his homosexual tendencies. Goose represents the part of Tom's psyche that longs for a normal hetero life: wife, kids, career. Iceman is the deep dark underbelly of his true homosexual nature that longs to bubble to the surface. Throughout the film we see Maverick vacillate between gay and straight as he struggles to love a woman and resist his desire for Kazanski. The climactic moment of the movie is when Tom rejects the hetero-normative nature of American society by throwing Goose's dog tags, representative of his desires to be hetero, into the ocean. This is further confirmed when Maverick and Iceman express their double entendre-filled one-liners on the deck of the carrier. The epilogue shows Maverick, broken by his failure to persevere in the cultural challenges of the homosexual lifestyle, returning to Mirimar hopeful to rekindle the emotional flames he felt with Iceman, but instead submitting to the fraudulent cover of a relationship with a closeted lesbian.

Or so I've been told.

LOLOLOLOL.... couldnt agree more 

people can criticize this board all they want but its posts like this that make it amazing lol.

Pages: 1 2