Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Telvin Smith can't cover
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I love this guy. I'm a huge supporter but he can't cover the TE.

Fleener worked him on a couple of plays.

He did the same thing in week 1.
I know. Huge concern IMO.
Got burned by Fleener twice.

Murphy hit him, man... Damn Murphy!

The guy looked lost on that last drive
Quote:I love this guy. I'm a huge supporter but he can't cover the TE.

Fleener worked him on a couple of plays.

He did the same thing in week 1.

He is really strong against the run, and he did a good job in coverage last year (got an INT), but this game he didnt look good in the matchup.. yet some of it was him going out of his way to make a play (and when it failed it made him look bad).
Quote:He is really strong against the run, and he did a good job in coverage last year (got an INT), but this game he didnt look good in the matchup.. yet some of it was him going out of his way to make a play (and when it failed it made him look bad).
he also just missed an interception earlier in the game.  Fleener is pretty good and the guy who was playing next to Telvin when Fleener looked his best wasn't the starter.

I mean Telvin Smith isnt the problem on the team, how about how the line got almost zero pressure (with the exception of Chris Clemons) all game long, but they did do a great job against the run.

The Defense wasn't horrible i mean holding the opponent to only 13 points until Overtime would be a win for most teams that can actually score with their offense.

Telvin Smith is a bright spot on this team. Criticism is better spent elsewhere.

Telvin didn't have a good game but lets not act like he isn't a solid coverage LB.

I dont understand all the recent Telvin Smith hatred i mean he's one of the better players on Defense, every player has a  bad game every now and then...

He's 5th in the league in tackles (Poz is 4th).

Quote:Telvin didn't have a good game but lets not act like he isn't a solid coverage LB.

This

It was one bad game against a 6 foot 6 te with 30 pounds on him

Not that worried cyp handled him pretty well

Add to that skuta flashes a hell of a lot. If he can be more consistent we really could have something
Telvin is a liability in passing defense. Its more than just the Colts game.
now we blaming Telvin Smith?

What in the blue Hell is going on here?
Quote:now we blaming Telvin Smith?

What in the blue Hell is going on here?
throwing them stones, man. Throwing them stones from a glass house.
Cut him!!!

oh and fire Gus

It's gotten so bad here that I can't even tell whose sarcastic and who's not.
Quote:It's gotten so bad here that I can't even tell whose sarcastic and who's not.

exactly!! I dont know whats going on. I mean i understand frustration but this is getting too much.

Quote:exactly!! I dont know whats going on. I mean i understand frustration but this is getting too much.
I understand how frustrating it is believe me. I live in Cowboys country so it's even worse when my team looks like crap because I have to hear it from everyone. And it's never ending man, I've just become so numb to it. It's hard to be a fan of this team. Some people just go crazy and blame everyone and want to fire everyone. Others are calm and collected but get called named and apologists just because we haven't got our panties in a bunch. Yeah I'm mad but I'm not going to just go off on people I don't know.
Until we start averaging 20+ points a game, the offense is the number one concern. We knew exactly what the Colts would do and still couldn't put up more than 13 points. Unacceptable

Hell no. Oh hell no. I can't stand this team right now, but Telvin Smith should not be blamed at all. He's the only dude that brings fire and energy to this team and brings it all the time.
Pages: 1 2 3 4