Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Make or Break Week
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
This is undoubtedly the most important game we will play so far in the Caldwell/Bradley era. Bradley drew the line in the sand during the preseason presser: This team was built to win the AFC South. A win on Sunday wipes away all the negativity of the past week, and puts us in decent position from a divisional perspective. On the other hand, a bad loss would be a devastating indictment on this regime. If Indy ends up winning by 2 scores and we fail to surpass the 17 point mark again, then it will be perfectly clear that we are not remotely close to contending for the division, and therefore not close to being in playoff contention. 

Having two choices for these questions is pretty limiting. These are rather polar opposite responses.

Quote:Having two choices for these questions is pretty limiting. These are rather polar opposite responses.
I generally would agree with you, but I find it to be better than the alternative. If you give too many options, you can really muddy the results and come to very little in the way of conclusions. And the questions are pretty specific, so you should be able to answer in a yes or no fashion.

Whew, I hadn't seen a post from you in a while. I was worried you might have jumped off the Modis after the nonstop temper tantrums you were throwing on Sunday.

Wait, was I worried, or hoping? Either way, happy polling. I'm sure there's plenty more where this gem comes from.
This is a great opportunity for the Jags.   At the very least,  the Colts don't look like a team that was in the AFC Championship game last season ( despite the one sided loss in New England ).   A win puts the Jags in first place and provides realistic hope to much of their fan base that they can contend in what currently is a weak division.   Despite the road to 1-2,  my guess is most Jags fans would have signed prior to the season to be in a 1st place tie after Week # 3.   

We will win! Bet on it!! I have all the confidence that this team will be ready to roll after such a terrible loss.
Quote:This is undoubtedly the most important game we will play so far in the Caldwell/Bradley era. Bradley drew the line in the sand during the preseason presser: This team was built to win the AFC South. A win on Sunday wipes away all the negativity of the past week, and puts us in decent position from a divisional perspective. On the other hand, a bad loss would be a devastating indictment on this regime. If Indy ends up winning by 2 scores and we fail to surpass the 17 point mark again, then it will be perfectly clear that we are not remotely close to contending for the division, and therefore not close to being in playoff contention. 

I agree to a point.

Jaguars Head Coach Gus Bradley said the team that will own the AFC South has been built this year, and he can still win the AFC South as the Texans aren't really good this year & the Titans will struggle despite having a good rookie QB.

This game is a must win to build their confidence, to be 1-0 in the division (and I would even take it a step further and say he should sweep the Colts)!
Quote:I agree to a point.

Jaguars Head Coach Gus Bradley said the team that will own the AFC South has been built this year, and he can still win the AFC South as the Texans aren't really good this year & the Titans will struggle despite having a good rookie QB.

This game is a must win to build their confidence, to be 1-0 in the division (and I would even take it a step further and say he should sweep the Colts)!
You also bring up a few very good points. This team, at minimum, SHOULD finish no worse than second in the division. That was my expectation going into the season. A franchise QB is everything, and if Bortles is that guy, we should be able to beat the likes of Houston (who has Mallet for crying out loud), and Tennessee, who is starting a quarterback Caldwell claims he would have rated lower than Bortles if Blake had come out a year later. 

I think that first Tennessee game will be a huge eye opener actually. If this team can't even beat them (which looks like a possibility), then you have to ask yourself, what the hell have we been doing for 3 years?
The Tennessee game, more than perhaps any other one, will be the biggest indictment on Caldwell. If Blake struggles and Marcus shines, I can't even imagine the backlash.

Quote:The Tennessee game, more than perhaps any other one, will be the biggest indictment on Caldwell. If Blake struggles and Marcus shines, I can't even imagine the backlash.

Blake will be rolling by then don't worry! Bet on it!!
tacks/tinhorns/bucs/saintjs/jets

winning 5/7 games in that pack is expectations to me. Especially the bucs and tacks. I can see some excuses on offense, but If your defense can't take advantage of rookie QBs after 3 years then it's time to pack your bags.
Ok man this is it!!! The biggest game of the year man! Ya gotta compete and get better every day man! But today there will be no freebies! If you want Baskin Robbins after this game, DO YOUR JOB!!!! Luke, I know you like Rocky Road, but you gotta DO YOUR JOB!!!! Cyp, you have been complaining about lack of sprinkles. If you want sprinkles then I want you to DO YOUR JOB!!! Telvin we all know you prefer milkshakes, but I won't be plugging in the blender unless you DO YOUR JOB!!!! Roy, you need to watch your weight so only frozen yogurt for you, but you will get nothing unless you DO YOUR JOB!!!!! That goes for all of you! Want mint chocolate chip? DO YOUR JOB!!! Like rum raisin? DO YOUR JOB!!!! Butter Pecan? DO YOUR JOB!!! Banana splits? DO YOUR JOB!!!! Want a parfait? A sundae?.....you guessed it: DO YOUR JOB!!!! DO YOUR JOB!!!! DO YOUR JOB!!!!

Now let's go out there and make andy luck wet his panties!!!!
Quote:Ok man this is it!!! The biggest game of the year man! Ya gotta compete and get better every day man! But today there will be no freebies! If you want Baskin Robbins after this game, DO YOUR JOB!!!! Luke, I know you like Rocky Road, but you gotta DO YOUR JOB!!!! Cyp, you have been complaining about lack of sprinkles. If you want sprinkles then I want you to DO YOUR JOB!!! Telvin we all know you prefer milkshakes, but I won't be plugging in the blender unless you DO YOUR JOB!!!! Roy, you need to watch your weight so only frozen yogurt for you, but you will get nothing unless you DO YOUR JOB!!!!! That goes for all of you! Want mint chocolate chip? DO YOUR JOB!!! Like rum raisin? DO YOUR JOB!!!! Butter Pecan? DO YOUR JOB!!! Banana splits? DO YOUR JOB!!!! Want a parfait? A sundae?.....you guessed it: DO YOUR JOB!!!! DO YOUR JOB!!!! DO YOUR JOB!!!!

Now let's go out there and make andy luck wet his panties!!!!
Not to be nitpicky, but you forgot "seizing the opportunity"
Quote:Not to be nitpicky, but you forgot "seizing the opportunity"

Hate to be nitpicky myself, but I believe Gus pronounces it "opportoony for the Jay-gwires"
Everyone wants to knock Gus's positivity.... For me that's not even the issue. Pete Carroll is one of the most positive coaches out there. The problem I have with Bradley is he's a freaking caricature. Soooooooo many cliches..... so many over the top sermon-like speeches. Marcedes said it best when he said it's hard to believe it's real enthusiasm.

If Marcedes thinks that, then you know a lot of other guys think that as well. these are 20 somethings and 30 somethings. They aren't idiots.

Quote:Hate to be nitpicky myself, but I believe Gus pronounces it "opportoony for the Jay-gwires"
fair
Maek or Brake Weak
The fork in the rd. Choose your destiny. I'm praying for a big turn around
Hmm...

We lose and we're 1-3.

The Bib Brigade expected us to be 0-4 at the same point.

We win and we're 2-2.

The Bib Brigade expected us to be 0-4 at the same point.

Hmm...

If we signed Santonio Holmes, it would be Make or Bake Week, amiright?

Pages: 1 2 3