Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Anyone else feel this way?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I kind of feel like we are so unlikely to win this game that we ought to treat it like the 4th preseason game, in that anyone who is rated as "questionable" on the injury report should not play.  I would like to see guys like Linder, Joeckel, and Marks at full strength for the Colts.   I want to fold this hand against the Pats and go all in to beat the Colts.  

Kind of. 
"We're on to Indianapolis"

I can assure you that the players 100% believe they can win.
You play to win the game.
That would be a logical, rational, intelligent strategy... and therefore one the Jags won't employ. Remember, this is the team that made the decision a few years ago to win a pointless, end of season game against an obviously 'tanking' dolts team... and cemented the dolts acquisition plan to get andrew luck. In my opinion, the odds of a victory (victory being defined as we have more points at the end of the game than the other team) are so low that for us to put players on the field who are still 'on the mend' is nothing short of foolish. Let those players sit this one out... as a matter of fact, I'd let Bortles sit this one out too and put Henne in. Why risk your main guy on what is all but an out of reach game?.... answer... Jaguars. It's one of the factors in why we've become perpetual bottom dwellers. 

So there, you're not the only one thinking 'that way'.

No
Why even play the game then? Just call the NFL and say we forfeit. We don't stand a chance.

Nancy's will be negative!
Quote:That would be a logical, rational, intelligent strategy... and therefore one the Jags won't employ. Remember, this is the team that made the decision a few years ago to win a pointless, end of season game against an obviously 'tanking' dolts team... and cemented the dolts acquisition plan to get andrew luck. In my opinion, the odds of a victory (victory being defined as we have more points at the end of the game than the other team) are so low that for us to put players on the field who are still 'on the mend' is nothing short of foolish. Let those players sit this one out... as a matter of fact, I'd let Bortles sit this one out too and put Henne in. Why risk your main guy on what is all but an out of reach game?.... answer... Jaguars. It's one of the factors in why we've become perpetual bottom dwellers.

Well ignorance is bliss is some groups.
Quote:That would be a logical, rational, intelligent strategy... and therefore one the Jags won't employ. Remember, this is the team that made the decision a few years ago to win a pointless, end of season game against an obviously 'tanking' dolts team... and cemented the dolts acquisition plan to get andrew luck. In my opinion, the odds of a victory (victory being defined as we have more points at the end of the game than the other team) are so low that for us to put players on the field who are still 'on the mend' is nothing short of foolish. Let those players sit this one out... as a matter of fact, I'd let Bortles sit this one out too and put Henne in. Why risk your main guy on what is all but an out of reach game?.... answer... Jaguars. It's one of the factors in why we've become perpetual bottom dwellers.

Oh my god, like why would they even try? That's all #becausejaguars and whatnot.
Quote:Oh my god, like why would they even try? That's all #becausejaguars and whatnot.
I bet he's the life of the party in real life.... Lol
Good Lawd. This is what you get with the "Time out " generation.

Two betas in this thread.

I love it. The same people who talk often about how many here embrace a losing mentality and accept mediocrity are now suggesting it as a strategy.  Brilliant.

As if the Jags aren't already the laughing stock in the eyes of many, this strategy would certainly give that credence.  

What's funny is the same people suggesting the team roll over in a game the experts agree they can't win would crucify the team if they actually deployed the French surrender strategy. 

Quote:I kind of feel like we are so unlikely to win this game that we ought to treat it like the 4th preseason game, in that anyone who is rated as "questionable" on the injury report should not play. I would like to see guys like Linder, Joeckel, and Marks at full strength for the Colts. I want to fold this hand against the Pats and go all in to beat the Colts.

Kind of.
You poster are the kind of fans we don't want, we cheer or team no matter what, and guess what we have a chance to win every game on our schedule. Are we going to of course not but we do have a chance if the team plays a full 4 quarters.

Do yourself a favor don't post here again, this is for jaguar fans not fake fans.
Players gotta play....  

We'll worry about the mud clots on Monday.

Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Hell no!

Go Jags!
I personally don't feel the Jags have much of a chance - but there is "a chance" they can pull off the upset.  

I'm a glutton for punishment, been watching the Jags since they came to Jacksonville and even though I've moved all over the country and spent time overseas, I still watch them every chance I get.  No matter how bad they are playing - I watch the games. 

If you think that allowing Linder, Joke, and Marks rest another week rather than risk further injury - that's a legit point IMO.  A healthy backup versus injured starter - all depends on what the medical staff decides really.  

It would be nice to get a few players back healthy against the Colts.  Hopefully, you'd have all 5 starters back on the O-line, Cyp, and Marks.  Would be really nice to get Thomas and Branch back before the Bucs game.  

Quote:I personally don't feel the Jags have much of a chance - but there is "a chance" they can pull off the upset.  

I'm a glutton for punishment, been watching the Jags since they came to Jacksonville and even though I've moved all over the country and spent time overseas, I still watch them every chance I get.  No matter how bad they are playing - I watch the games. 

If you think that allowing Linder, Joke, and Marks rest another week rather than risk further injury - that's a legit point IMO.  A healthy backup versus injured starter - all depends on what the medical staff decides really.  

It would be nice to get a few players back healthy against the Colts.  Hopefully, you'd have all 5 starters back on the O-line, Cyp, and Marks.  Would be really nice to get Thomas and Branch back before the Bucs game.  

The bolded is a really good point.  I agree that if the players are injured to the point where their backups are gonna be more productive, you sit the players...  But if they are able to go, you just gotta play 'em.  You can't worry about next week yet.  
Quote:I kind of feel like we are so unlikely to win this game that we ought to treat it like the 4th preseason game, in that anyone who is rated as "questionable" on the injury report should not play.  I would like to see guys like Linder, Joeckel, and Marks at full strength for the Colts.   I want to fold this hand against the Pats and go all in to beat the Colts.  

Kind of. 

Read my signature. Obviously we should not treat the hardest game of the season like a preseason game because that is saying, "We don't care about winning."
Pages: 1 2 3