Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: School District bans 'TAG'
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
This is a "Drifter type post", but it kind of goes along with my earlier PC post.  This is just another example of the wussification that we teach our children these days.

It seems that a school district in liberal (surprise) Washington State has banned the game of tag over the "emotional well-being" of kids.  Seriously?  Is a kid going to be emotionally traumatized by being tagged and "it" in a game?

Here is the story to read for yourself, and no, it's not some blog it's the website of the local news in Seattle.

Should physical activity as well as competition not be encouraged?

I can remember as a child not only playing tag, but we also used to play dodge ball where you actually threw a ball and tried to intentionally hit another kid with it.

This is a great example of the liberal mindset.  I would love for our liberal friends in this forum to explain why this is a good idea.

Always loved to play tag as a kid.. I'd always go for fatty fat kid and tag him so I can watch him run with his little porker moobies jiggle janglin.. Always good for a laugh..
RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!

<sarcasm> Can't have the little darlings traumatized because they're "IT" at the end of the game now can we </sarcasm>

Quote:RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!

That's how liberals explain how this is a good idea.   Rolleyes

Can you translate for us?
Quote:Always loved to play tag as a kid.. I'd always go for fatty fat kid and tag him so I can watch him run with his little porker moobies jiggle janglin.. Always good for a laugh..

You worry me.  I think that you just have a thing for fatty kids.   :teehee:
How is banning tag discouraging physical activity?
Quote:How is banning tag discouraging physical activity?

So what do little kids play at recess?
Quote:That's how liberals explain how this is a good idea.   Rolleyes

Can you translate for us?
It's a comment on how having a preconceived opinion will inevitably lead to a person seeking out "news" stories that reinforce that opinion. 
I'm wondering if they noticed kids getting too physical by tagging others with a punch. Otherwise, I don't get it. If that is a case, maybe they can use flags like flag football where you're "it" if they take your flag.

We would play dodge ball in PE and "smear the queer" at recess.

Quote:How is banning tag discouraging physical activity?

Why don't you think as much? There are only so many games that kids play where they're physically running around.

Quote:It's a comment on how having a preconceived opinion will inevitably lead to a person seeking out "news" stories that reinforce that opinion. 

I didn't seek out the news story, it happened to come across a regular feed that I look at every day.  And yes, it is news as reported by the media, not a blog that is opinionated.

So care to give your opinion regarding the story?
Quote:I'm wondering if they noticed kids getting too physical by tagging others with a punch. Otherwise, I don't get it. If that is a case, maybe they can use flags like flag football where you're "it" if they take your flag.

We would play dodge ball in PE and "smear the queer" at recess.

I doubt it.  I mean come on, we are talking little kids here that are pretty much "indestructible" when they play with one another.  It's not about the physical aspect (according to this school district) it's about the "emotional well being" of the kids.  If you tell the kids the rules, they will play by the rules.  If you tell them that to touch a person and they are "it" then that's the way that they will play the game.  I seriously doubt that it would escalate into "punching" as opposed to touching.  We have to keep in mind here, this is a small child's game, not a teenager game.

Do you not think that dodge ball and smear the queer are more violent games physically than a simple game of tag?  Should those games be banned because a child might get a "boo boo" playing those games?  Or should they be banned because a child might get emotionally upset because they are "it"?

We need to get back to letting kids play and learn that there is a winner and a loser in every game.
I doubt you can play smear the queer anywhere nowadays. The LGBT fanatics would come out of the wordworks.

Quote:I doubt you can play smear the queer anywhere nowadays. The LGBT fanatics would come out of the wordworks.

I used to love playing that game, and it certainly didn't hurt me physically or emotionally at the young age.  I also played tag and dodge ball.  The name probably has to be changed in order to cater to a minority yet vocal portion of the population.
Quote:I doubt you can play smear the queer anywhere nowadays. The LGBT fanatics would come out of the wordworks.
I am not gay. A family member of mine is, however, and I was the subject of "smear the queer" every day of my sixth grade year, amongst other indignities. It was part of a systematic, unprovoked bullying that nearly killed me. Banning tag is ridiculous, but playing smear the queer and not seeing anything wrong with it basically makes anyone playing it a piece of [BLEEP].
Quote:I am not gay. A family member of mine is, however, and I was the subject of "smear the queer" every day of my sixth grade year, amongst other indignities. It was part of a systematic, unprovoked bullying that nearly killed me. Banning tag is ridiculous, but playing smear the queer and not seeing anything wrong with it basically makes anyone playing it a piece of [BAD WROD REMOVED].

Thank you, you beat me to it and stated the case better than I could.
I can see how the game could get carried away on tougher neighborhoods than where I grew up. I only brought it up as an example of how much more intense our play was back then compared to a game like tag. I imagine no schools actually allow smear the queer to be played on their grounds. I never said I see no problem with it, although your example would seem to be the extreme. It's not exactly fair to say that any kid playing it is somehow a bad kid.

I imagine "Tag" was banned because it had become "Hit" at that school.  My junior high banned a lunchtime game for similar, appropriate reasons.

Quote:I imagine "Tag" was banned because it had become "Hit" at that school. My junior high banned a lunchtime game for similar, appropriate reasons.

You didn't get wussified?
Pages: 1 2 3