Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: my gram is a former doctor.. heres what she said about julius thomas injury..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
she said that a fracture like in thomass finger isnt that severe.. i said well he got his stitches in last sunday.. could he possibly play this sunday.. then i went on to say he also had limited practice last eek and this week.. she went on to say "oh hes fine he should be back by then..

i thought it was funny she said that cause if he does come back im gonna laugh..

i also asked her how long would it take to heal after stitches are out..

she said it should take at least a week to heal..

my gram also has 35 years experience as a nurse practitioner doctor and surgeon in st josephs hospital in syracuse ny..

he also could come back week 4.. just to be a precautionary reason..

Hot take
I wish my gram was alive.

Sad
Quote:I wish my gram was alive.

Sad

I wish I had a gram.
He didn't just have stitches. 

Quote:I wish I had a gram.

I'm sure you'd just blow it.
Quote:I'm sure you'd just blow it.

I see what you did there
Quote:I see what you did there

:pirate:
Quote:He didn't just have stitches. 
when did he have stitches..
Wasn't it a torn ligament in the finger?

I mean, a finger concussion. Because the finger brain is so much smaller, I'm sure the brain can face a longer concussion protocol. It's the NFL's fault.
And then gram said, "blackmon a-rob burns lee"

Quote:Wasn't it a torn ligament in the finger?

I mean, a finger concussion. Because the finger brain is so much smaller, I'm sure the brain can face a longer concussion protocol. It's the NFL's fault.
rotoworld said it was a stable fracture in the bone..
snitches get stitches

I'm sure a regular individual would be just fine but his whole job is to catch a football with his hands and fingers. They may want to make sure it is fully healthy before they have him out there trying to catch. 
<p style="font-size:2em;font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;color:rgb(85,85,85);">Tendon repairs are usually done on an outpatient basis. This means the patient can go home after the surgery. If the patient does stay in the hospital, it is usually for a short period of time.

<p style="font-size:2em;font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;color:rgb(85,85,85);">Healing can take up to 12 weeks. The injured tendon may need to be supported with a splint or cast in the meantime.

<p style="font-size:2em;font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;color:rgb(85,85,85);">Physical therapy may be necessary to return movement in a safe manner. Expect movement to return gradually, with some stiffness.

<p style="font-size:2em;font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;color:rgb(85,85,85);">You may need treatment after the surgery to minimize scar tissue. Too much scar tissue can make it difficult to move the damaged tendon.

<p style="font-size:2em;font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;color:rgb(85,85,85);"> 

<p style="font-size:2em;font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;color:rgb(85,85,85);">thomas will be back for week 4.. like i said week 4 we play the colts.. 

<p style="font-size:2em;font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;color:rgb(85,85,85);"> 

<p style="font-size:2em;font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;color:rgb(85,85,85);">boy i cant wait were gonna be 2-2 by week 5. beat tampa and titants to go 4-2..

Quote:she said that a fracture like in thomass finger isnt that severe.. i said well he got his stitches in last sunday.. could he possibly play this sunday.. then i went on to say he also had limited practice last eek and this week.. she went on to say "oh hes fine he should be back by then..

i thought it was funny she said that cause if he does come back im gonna laugh..

she said it should take at least a week to heel..

my gram also has 35 years experience as a nurse practitioner doctor and surgeon in st josephs hospital in syracuse ny..

Dadgummit..it goes from the hand and then to the foot in a week??
Quote:Dadgummit..it goes from the hand and then to the foot in a week??

What's all this talk about lineament damage now? Did he get punched in the face? 
my gram-ma an yo gram-ma, sittin by da fiya...

Quote:she said that a fracture like in thomass finger isnt that severe.. i said well he got his stitches in last sunday.. could he possibly play this sunday.. then i went on to say he also had limited practice last eek and this week.. she went on to say "oh hes fine he should be back by then..

she said it should take at least a week to heal..

I just saw this on the ESPN Ticker.   "Grams says J. Thomas should be set to return in Week 4"
Quote:I just saw this on the ESPN Ticker.   "Grams says J. Thomas should be set to return in Week 4"
[Image: thumbs-up.jpg]
Pages: 1 2 3