Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: This Week In the AFC South-Week 3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
On a personal, TWITAS level, last week was a disaster.  I went 0-4.  While I haven't gone back to check,  I think that was the first winless week I've had since doing these.  I don't take much solace in the fact other pickers have struggled to get a grip on the league at this early point.  But I do take some joy in the fact that me being wrong so much last week meant that the Jaguars won and other divisional teams I thought would win actually lost.  the net result is that while my own prediction record was dismal, the Jaguars are actually tied for first place!!!!

On to the games

Jaguars (1-1) at Patriots (2-0)
-The Jaguars squished the fish last week in a mildly surprising game.  I say that because while the Jaguars played the Dolphins well last year, I figured with Miami's additions, they had improved enough to offset the Jaguars improvements.  But gladly I was wrong.  Unfortunately, the Patriots offer the toughest test these Jaguars are going to face this year.  I don't think we pressure the passer enough to get to Brady enough to knock him off his game.  Patriots 31
Jaguars 17.

Colts
(0-2) at Tacks (1-1)  Marcus Mariota still hasn't thrown a pick yet, which is pretty good considering he is a rookie.  Andrew Luck has turned the ball over quite a bit these first two games, and the coach and GM seem on the verge of all out war.  But Tennessee's defense doesn't offer the talent depleted Colts quite the matchup problems the Bills and Jets did.  Colts win their first 23-17.

Texans (0-2)
at Bucs (1-1)
-At this early point, the early conclusion is that the Texans have the worst QB situation in the division, and arguably is in a worse long term situation at the position than the Bucs, who start rookie Jamies Winston.  However, Winston is far from a finished product, and I think the Texans' surrounding talent overall is better than the Bucs'. Austin Sefarian jenkins will miss the next 4-6 weeks with an injury.   Texans win 21-13.

Last week:  0-4

Overall:      2-6

Overall, I think Jacksonville and Tennessee are the losers this weekend, setting up a nice matchup come Week Four. On a side note, how do we count Division games? I can't remember. Is an Indy win / Tennessee loss two wins for me or just one?

Jacksonville @ New England - I actually think that Jacksonville has the weapons to compete with New England but I just don't think their Defense is up to the task this early in the season. New England wins this one going away, but I feel like it will be similar to the Jacksonville Denver game two seasons ago where they hang in there early, then Brady and Co. pull away late. New England

Indianapolis @ Tennessee - This may be a barometer game as far as the state of the Indianapolis team goes. They have the talent to pull away from Tennessee and embarrass the rook QB in his house, but will they do it? They are on a short week already and those comments from Pagano would worry me. I think Luck and gang rebound quickly from their losses and take this one, but it does deserve watching. Indianapolis

Houston @ Tampa Bay - Houston should win this one, they really should. Tampa is down a few weapons, they have a rookie QB, they were the worst team in the League last season, yadda yadda yadda. However, I just don't like the vibe coming off of that squad. Not saying that they can't pull this one off on the road, but I'm gonna let it ride on Lovie and the Bucs. Tampa Bay

you weren't alone last week bullseye. I went 0-4 as well. I am with you overall at 2-6.  I'm also with you in the fact i would rather go 0-4 here,and have our jags win,and others in division lose.

NE over jags    no doubt pats will win,its hard to beat cheaters,even in court the pats won.

titians over colts its in tensse

texans get first win 

3-5

Pats

Colts

Bucs
Last week: 1-3 ouch

Overall: 3-5

Week 3 picks:

PATS over Jags

COLTS over tacks

BUCS over texans
1-3 last week
3-5 overall

I'll go with the Patriots, Colts, and Texans.
Jaguars (1-1) at Patriots (2-0)- Call me crazy, but I believe our current defense matches well with the Patriots stacked route tree. The LBs will be tested hard with the occasional test deep for the DBs. Offensively, we just won't be able to do enough. Two weeks in a row they died in the second half. I'm not sure what the fix is, but it continues this week. Patriots win.

Colts (0-2) at Tacks (1-1)- The tacks are a better team this year, whether anyone will give them credit or not. They have enough talent to put a stake into the downward spiraling colts. With that said, the colts will bring their A-game this week and smoke the tacks. Colts win.

Texans<strong>
</strong>(0-2) at Bucs (1-1)
- This game is up for grabs. Neither team has a consistent offense or QB for that matter. On paper, the texan's defense as a whole is light years ahead of tampa. I like tampa's secondary just a little more, which is where houston has been vulnerable. I'm going out on a limb and say tampa pulls off the upset with turnovers and last minute field-goal. Tampa wins.

Last week: 1-3 (yuck)

Overall: 4-4

jags  colts  bucs

Pats over Jags

Colts over Titans

Bucs over Texans

2-2 last week

Our division will be full of 1-2 teams lol

GO JAGS!!

Quote:Our division will be full of 1-2 teams lol

GO JAGS!!
yeah...that's my take on it.
Quote:Our division will be full of 1-2 teams lol

GO JAGS!!

My take is the Texans stay in the hole at 0-3.  They have 1 good player and are currently a mess.  
1-3 last week.

2-6 overall.

Colts over Titans

Patriots over Jags

Texans over Bucs

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">1-3 last week.

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">2-6 overall.

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;"> 

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Colts over Titans - Even though I thought that the Titans would be horrible this season, they don't look as bad as I thought.  Colts are desperate for a win and will deliver.

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Patriots over Jags - Pretty much a "no brainer", and I hope that I'm wrong on this pick.

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Texans over Bucs

Last week: 3-1 Whoo!

Pats beat the Jags

Colts over tacks

Bucs over Houston

4-4 overall.

Jaguars (1-1) at Patriots (2-0)
- Jacksonville 41-40. Jaguars 15-1 this season.

Colts
(0-2) at Titans (1-1) - Indianapolis 30-25.
Indy decides to step it up.

Texans (0-2)
at Bucs (1-1)
- Tampa Bay 20-17.
Crab Legs is able to win over the QB-less Texans.

Last week:  2-2

Overall:      2-6

Jaguars

Bucs

tacks

I heard on the radio this morning that not only is Arian Foster out for Houston, but Nuke Hopkins as well.

Jags (yeah thas' right)

Colts

Texans

2-2 last week. Didn't pick week #1.
Patriots over Jaguars [sad but true, I'm even picking this game in my survival pool]

Colts over Titans

Texans over Buccs

Last week 2-2

Season 4-4
Pages: 1 2