Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Colts have 11% chance to make the playoffs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Same for Texans.   

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdo...22368.html

Quote: 

This season, there are some high-profile clubs in an 0-2 hole after two weeks, including three of the last four Super Bowl champions in the New York GiantsBaltimore Ravens and Seattle Seahawks. All three now have roughly an 11 percent chance of making the postseason, as just 23 of the 204 teams to start 0-2 since the inception of the 12-team playoff format in 1990 have qualified for the playoffs

If they lose the next game their chances all but disappear as only three 0-3 teams have made the playoffs in 25 years (and none in the past 15 years). 

Didn't they do it last year?
Is that simply based on historical trending or is there a bit of schedule / forecasting involved?

Quote:Is that simply based on historical trending or is there a bit of schedule / forecasting involved?

Just the number of 0-2 teams that made the playoffs divided by the total number of 0-2 teams.

23 / 204 * 100 = 11
Quote:Didn't they do it last year?

And our team and several others proved this theory correct.  

Statistically, one 0-2 team will make the playoffs each year.  The problem is there are nine 0-2 teams this season:  Ravens, Colts, Texans, Giants, Eagles, Lions, Bears, Saints, Seahawks.  Historically only one of those teams will make the playoffs.  
Quote:And our team and several others proved this theory correct.

Statistically, one 0-2 team will make the playoffs each year. The problem is there are nine 0-2 teams this season: Ravens, Colts, Texans, Giants, Eagles, Lions, Bears, Saints, Seahawks. Historically only one of those teams will make the playoffs.

The clots have the luxury of being in the weakest division. They have the best chance to dig out of this 0-2 hole.

But man, they would really need to right the ship asap.

They aren't winning the division playing like they did against the jets.

The question becomes, can the jags give them the same type of trouble the jets gave them?
 Ravens, Colts, Texans, Giants, Eagles, Lions, Bears, Saints, Seahawks

Counting those 4 out because: Houston aren't going to the playoffs with Mallett or Hoyer. I'm not sold on O'Brien either - just another product of Belichick imo. Eagles have signed anyone who has been injury prone and it's not turning out well for them. Chicago suck, they ditched Brandon frickin' Marshall, paid Jay "average" Cutler far too much and just look bad. The Saints are similar to the Bears, trading away players like Graham and Still is crazy, I feel bad for Brees.

The clots aren't going anywhere unless the o-line improves a lot. Luck is a good QB but he's guilty of slinging it anywhere when under pressure and that line is letting in pressure almost every play. I think 2 of those 5 goes to the playoffs this year - Seahawks and Ravens.

Quote:The clots have the luxury of being in the weakest division.
Yup. It's sickening. Maybe the Jags can push to stop them,, but do we really think Jax is up to that task yet? I don't know if they're capable of pushing for a division title just yet. Jags have to be pretty consistent for a full season. Idk man. I hope so.

If not,, pencil in the Colts for yet another Home Playoff game.

What's really sickening is that some Wildcard team may have had a really good season, but unfortunate to be in a competitive division (AFCN, AFCW, AFCE). Even though they may have a very talented squad,, they will be forced to go on the road to INDY.

I really, really hope the AFCS isn't complete garbage yet again, allowing the Colts that automatic home playoff game,, even though they suck against everyone outside the division.
Quote:Yup. It's sickening. Maybe the Jags can push to stop them,, but do we really think Jax is up to that task yet? I don't know if they're capable of pushing for a division title just yet. Jags have to be pretty consistent for a full season. Idk man. I hope so.

If not,, pencil in the Colts for yet another Home Playoff game.

What's really sickening is that some Wildcard team may have had a really good season, but unfortunate to be in a competitive division (AFCN, AFCW, AFCE). Even though they may have a very talented squad,, they will be forced to go on the road to INDY.

I really, really hope the AFCS isn't complete garbage yet again, allowing the Colts that automatic home playoff game,, even though they suck against everyone outside the division.

If indys oline stays that bad for the year than yeah, I think the Jags certainly have a chance. A bad oline can make a team who overall has very good players lose a lot of games. Their D isn't good enough to overcome that. clots are in trouble.
I think the clots are the ONLY team in that group with a chance....

Hawks have to compete with a very good AZ team PLUS a better than we thought 9ers team and a Rams team that everyone knew would be better (from pretty OK last year)

Ravens also have a tough division where it looks like even the Browns won't be pushovers.

Lions look awful and have to cede to the Pack. They could get lucky with a wildcard if the NFCE continues to have issues.

For the Iggles, the Chip Kelly experiment might be over pretty quick.....

The G-Men are in that NFCE division that has the Iggles struggling bad, with just about everything it seems, the Cowboys just lost their 2 prem-o players after letting Murray go in FA, and the Skins have looked better than the Giants... tonight's game looms large for this division.

The Saints are a mess.

Actually just heard no team has gone to playoffs back to back years after starting 0-2 in back to back years. They would be making history.
I'd still place my $$ on the Colts to win the division.

It's not 11% in this division.
Imagine for a second... that the tacks do just enough to upset the clots

something to the tune of 22-21

and the very next week the lowly Jags knock em off...

NO ONE thought the clots could be 0-4 to start.....

yet here we go....

How many teams have started 0-4 and made the playoffs?

I think just one... a long time ago in the early 90s

I heard on NFLN or ESPN one of the analyst say that no team has made the playoffs after starting 0-2 in back to back seasons.
Quote:Actually just heard no team has gone to playoffs back to back years after starting 0-2 in back to back years. They would be making history.

I saw this too, didn't see your post when I scrolled.
Quote:I saw this too, didn't see your post when I scrolled.

I'm lightning and I guess you are thunder?
Quote:I'm lightning and I guess you are thunder?

I'll take it. This board needs a little sizzle!
The colts or tin horns are more than capable of bucking trends considering the division they play in.  Someone has to go to the playoffs.  Naturally, we hope it's the Jags, but odds makers would say otherwise.  It's a down year for the AFC South, and a golden opportunity for a team to step up and dethrone the colts.

Quote:Didn't they do it last year?

Last year their third game was the blowout in Jacksonville where Gus Bradley changed quarterbacks at halftime.
Pages: 1 2