Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: 2nd half Disaster
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Why did we kick some tail in the first half, then we became completely incompetent in the 2nd half? We did this last year, and I don't understand it. I feel like the team can't sustain any high level of play.

I am very happy we won. I just want them to do what they did in the first half all the way through.
The 'fins did the same to be fair, both defenses stepped up and both offense fell flat for most of the second half.

It's football. Every team does this. Look at the Giants? First team in NFL history to blow a 10 point lead in the fourth quarter in both games to start the season. I'm pretty proud of these guys. The old Jags team would find a way to LOSE that game.
Quote:Why did we kick some tail in the first half, then we became completely incompetent in the 2nd half? We did this last year, and I don't understand it. I feel like the team can't sustain any high level of play.

I am very happy we won. I just want them to do what they did in the first half all the way through.

The biggest difference seems to be they went ahead and rolled coverage to Robinson and did a better job with gap integrity against the run. It's not like Yeldon is a special talent that can't be contained.

3 points scored in both second halves this year. Gotta get a lot better there.

Quote:The 'fins did the same to be fair, both defenses stepped up and both offense fell flat for most of the second half.

In 3 years though, they will roll down the field, look good then get completely lost in the 2nd half. Is it really adjustments made by the opposing teams?
Quote:3 points scored in both second halves this year. Gotta get a lot better there.

This is what I'm getting at. What is the difference from 1 half to the next. Most of the time they leave the first half with the momentum.
Quote:In 3 years though, they will roll down the field, look good then get completely lost in the 2nd half. Is it really adjustments made by the opposing teams?

It's hard to tell, they for sure covered Robinson better in the second half which forced Blake to throw to Greene and Lewis who had the dropsies - we also lost a couple of first downs due to penalties and should have had a big gainer for PI that wasn't given.
Fall off in the 2nd half? Yup, find a way to win? Yup. There's something there to work with. Teams have to find a way.

The other team tries, too.

Quote:The other team tries, too.

Yes I realize this. However, we seem to fall flat EVERY game. Way too consistent in this area.
Quote:In 3 years though, they will roll down the field, look good then get completely lost in the 2nd half. Is it really adjustments made by the opposing teams?
can"t you enjoy a win with out finding a reason to [BLEEP] about your team
Quote:Yes I realize this. However, we seem to fall flat EVERY game. Way too consistent in this area.

Especially that Giants game last year.
Quote:can"t you enjoy a win with out finding a reason to [BAD WORD REMOVED] about your team

Listen, I'm just curious as to why we fall flat in the 2nd half. I'm really excited we won. The defense really did their job, and made some amazing plays. I'm wondering why the offense scored only 3 points tge last 2 weeks in the second half.

Stop complaining.
To me, the idea that they rolled coverage to Robinson, even though it was an effective strategy, is great news.

This will give Hurns and Lee more opportunities to make plays in the passing game.

When Thomas returns, that will help matters considerably.

A female dog is a [BLEEP] are you going to remove that as a bad word.

Quote:To me, the idea that they rolled coverage to Robinson, even though it was an effective strategy, is great news.

This will give Hurns and Lee more opportunities to make plays in the passing game.

When Thomas returns, that will help matters considerably.

I think another problem is they're obviously using two TEs for blocking on a lot of plays, leaving only two WRs and Yeldon running down the field routes. I hope that Julius Thomas being back will help push defenders off the line of scrimmage and lower the need for so much protection.
Quote:A female dog is a [BAD WORD REMOVED] are you going to remove that as a bad word.

You sound angry. Maybe you should take a break from the MB.
Quote:Listen, I'm just curious as to why we fall flat in the 2nd half. I'm really excited we won. The defense really did their job, and made some amazing plays. I'm wondering why the offense scored only 3 points tge last 2 weeks in the second half.

Stop complaining.
i think its more so being conservative.  Bradley preached aggressiveness this week but after coming out of the gate with fire we kinda rode the remaining smoke until the last minutes of the game.  We were taking shots down field and the game was moving at a fast pace but it seemed that once the offense stopped driving consistently and mistakes came into play we got conservative.  We ran the ball to run clock and it showed with the Dolphins selling out consistently on defense, but to be an elite team we need to keep swinging and not playing like Mayweather fights.  it's like we go into counter punch mode after the first half so we dont get blown out and also so we dont make mistakes ourselves to lose as well.

Quote:I think another problem is they're obviously using two TEs for blocking on a lot of plays, leaving only two WRs and Yeldon running down the field routes. I hope that Julius Thomas being back will help push defenders off the line of scrimmage and lower the need for so much protection.

Agree. JT will help Bortles out tremendously.
Pages: 1 2 3