Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Young and Sample
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I will go out on a limb and say that Luke has to be replaced by Sam Young. I was hounded for saying this earlier but his level of protection is infinitely better than what Luke can offer. It's ok to realize that a high draft pick did not pan out - but he has to be replaced. That draft class was trash for the most part (talking about the entire NFL draft from top to bottom).

Blake's blindside was protected very well today and I expect it to continue as long as this lineup remains the same. We saw more deep plays go our way because of the time Blake was given to make those throws and allow the routes to develop. 

I will also mention that Cyprien's presence has not been missed. We expected him to be a playmaker but he has been anything but. I think Sample earned his spot as a starter as the SS. Sample has held his own, made the tackles that he had to make, and did not blow any coverages. For those of you who will say he gave up a TD, Tannehill made a good anticipation throw because Sample had very good coverage on the play.

0 SACKS ALLOWED!!!!!

Quote:0 SACKS ALLOWED!!!!!
Bortles got sacked towards the end I thought?
What a great win!

Boy does this feel good....

Young played well today and didn't appear to make any glaring mistakes. 

Young held his own every play. 

He clearly had the dolphins number on the 1-on-1's.

He has strength
I was saying Landry run to the outside was on him and a couple of the Cameron catches I thought he got pretty beat up on

I also saw maybe 1 positive play from him so nothing to write home about in my book

Evans came in later or was that due to injury?
Offensive line play is about chemistry, and for the first time in a LONG time they were on the same page. Unfortunately, this happened without Joekel. I agree with Enigma that it should now be Young's spot to lose.

Zero sacks today..The Jags haven't done that since...Since before Joekel was drafted..Kudos to the line and to Young.

Quote:I was saying Landry run to the outside was on him and a couple of the Cameron catches I thought he got pretty beat up on

I also saw maybe 1 positive play from him so nothing to write home about in my book

Evans came in later or was that due to injury?
Yeah, that run play was on him and he did miss that opportunity.

But for a rookie with his first ever start, I think he did very, very well.

We need an enforcer back there, and I think Sample can become that with more reps, but he is a sure-tackler at the very least.
Young has gotten better man. Dude held his own. Let him start.

Quote:Bortles got sacked towards the end I thought?
Defensive hands to the face nullified it.
Let's not forget this was against a very good DL. Some say could be one of the best in the league. Our OL is actually going to have a much easier time these next few games, until Buffalo.
Quote:Offensive line play is about chemistry, and for the first time in a LONG time they were on the same page. Unfortunately, this happened without Joekel. I agree with Enigma that it should now be Young's spot to lose.

Zero sacks today..The Jags haven't done that since...Since before Joekel was drafted..Kudos to the line and to Young.

You are right, the entire line played a very stout game. Linder stood out to me as well.

It's amazing how we are able to make deep throws when there is good pass blocking up front. Blake did not have to worry about his blindside one time today and that goes a long way psychologically. The QBs clock ticks a lot faster when you have someone who can't hold their own on the left side. Great job overall.
Did Wake play today?
Quote:Did Wake play today?

Yes
Quote:Did Wake play today?
Exactly my point.

That's what a good offensive line does and that's what Young did.
Just last week people we're calling for Young's roster spot. Now he should start?

This board is bipolar.
Id keep Young as the starter. Make Joekel compete for once.
Young was good. Sample had a lot of minor mistakes all game. Cyprien is the starter.
Pages: 1 2 3