Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Who do you blame for the lack of Offense against the Panthers?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
As many are focusing on the game against Miami Dolphins I am curious as to what many people on this message board think about who is truly to blame (or multiple) for the Jaguars lack of performance against the Carolina Panthers (specifically the Offense).   Do you feel that it was Head Coach Gus Bradley's fault for not taking more action when he saw what was occuring, or was it solely the OC Greg Olson's fault for not calling better plays or benching players?   Do you feel that it is neither of their faults and that the sole blame is with the QB Blake Bortles for turning the ball over twice and making poor choices by throwing to Greene instead of down the field?  Do you feel that is only LT Luke Joeckel for being an 2nd overall bust and forcing the inexperince Sam Young into the game, or both of them for failing at a key position of LT?  Or is it the entire Offensive Lines fault for allowing 5 sacks (1 Lukes, 2 Youngs, 1 Bortles fault basically I dont think it was the rest of the Olines fault)?  Or do you feel that it is the WRs fault for not getting open and not catching the ball when it was thrown into their hands?  Or is it the fans fault, your fault for not being a better fan as Blake had suggested?

You make the call, and comment below!

It's been almost five days. Move on man.
The Denver Broncos have 50 total points after two games yet Peyton Manning only has a 59 QB Rating, so is the blame solely on Bortles?

[Image: 1942430.jpg]

Bortles was not the issue. He put the final nail in the coffin with the pick six, but the receivers dropped almost every explosive play we could've had. They fumbled the ball in the red-zone as well. The missed FG and extra point was a factor too. Anyone that thinks Bortles was the issue isn't thinking clearly.

Ladies, it's Dolphins time. As my students will say (I'm in DC on academic fellowship currently). Prof, are you serious right now? Bortles hasn't shown us squat, and he doesn't seem to construe the pressures on his shoulder. I commend his offseason efforts though, I feel it'll pan out.

Better him than Teddy Bridgewater, for Jacksonville's sake. They would have deflated that young up and comer faster than you can say Willie.

The head coach is substantively a lot poorer. The owner is an international financier. He doesn't breathe football like a Craft, or Jones, or Weaver, or even egocentrically, a Snyder.

The issues in our Jacksonville are full fledged. We are fundamentally indisposed. God bless us. I will be there on Sunday, supporting vehemently, as expected of us mere fans. #ButTisAMess. Go Jaguars, crush phins.
Quote:[Image: 1942430.jpg]

Fixed!
Quote:Ladies, it's Dolphins time. As my students will say (I'm in DC on academic fellowship currently). Prof, are you serious right now? Bortles hasn't shown us squat, and he doesn't seem to construe the pressures on his shoulder. I commend his offseason efforts though, I feel it'll pan out.

Better him than Teddy Bridgewater, for Jacksonville's sake. They would have deflated that young up and comer faster than you can say Willie.

The head coach is substantively a lot poorer. The owner is an international financier. He doesn't breathe football like a Craft, or Jones, or Weaver, or even egocentrically, a Snyder.

The issues in our Jacksonville are full fledged. We are fundamentally indisposed. God bless us. I will be there on Sunday, supporting vehemently, as expected of us mere fans. #ButTisAMess. Go Jaguars, crush phins.

You are not allowed on here anymore this message board is for Kindergarteners not college guys, (bad joke on my part).

As far as the Dolphins I expect the Jaguars to destroy them by passing deep to Hurns & Lee frequently and though Bortles will get picked off twice, he will score three touchdowns.  As this game is to vital for Gus Bradley and the Jaguars Offense to look bad!
Quote:Fixed!
Thank you. I voted. Smile
http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/56...kings?pg=3

Miami had five WRs on the list but Jaguars have 3 with Greene, Allen Hurns at 39, and Allen Robinson at 28

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/56...kings?pg=4

Their TE is ranked 9th to our Lewis at 32

So is it the WRs?

The WR's should be called the DK's (drive killers), however a young squad with little to no veteran leadership will make lots of mistakes, it was also the first game of the season so a little latitude can be given, but this needs cleaned up.

I do believe once the lightbulb illuminates we will burn through the schedule
Caldwell
For me it first falls to the OC, but then add in the fact that Luke went down(I didnt vote him tho) and we ended up with Sam playing which we saw some issues to say the least after that. Also the WR's considering they failed to catch the ball or make a splash. Also back to the OC to fail to use the TE's and stopped the run.

Quote:The Denver Broncos have 50 total points after two games yet Peyton Manning only has a 59 QB Rating, so is the blame solely on Bortles?
So blame has to be dumped on one person?  Do you even realize that football is a team sport, or do you need a reminder?
so based on current results... there seems to be plenty of blame to go around. and it really wasn't any one person or thing?

could it be that a young team is still young and may need longer than a few preseason games to get their stuff together?

naaahhh... fire everybodiez!

I don't know who is to blame, but there has to be some reason that the offense can't ever seem to play a competent second half of football.

My guess? Opposing defenses actually make second half adjustments, and we dont do much to make ourselves less predictable.
Quote:so based on current results... there seems to be plenty of blame to go around. and it really wasn't any one person or thing?

could it be that a young team is still young and may need longer than a few preseason games to get their stuff together?

This is a farce.  Someone's head should roll. 
Quote:so based on current results... there seems to be plenty of blame to go around. and it really wasn't any one person or thing?

Being a young team is not an acceptable excuse.  This was a front office decision to do this.  They have said that it is not an excuse.
I blame TMD.
Quote:Being a young team is not an acceptable excuse. This was a front office decision to do this. They have said that it is not an excuse.

They've also said we won more than expected so apparently it is an excuse
Pages: 1 2 3 4