Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: CNN Republican Debate
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I finally watched it today, and I came away with these thoughts personally.

Rand Paul is an idiot.

Donald Trump needs to go back to making reality shows since he seems to think that this is one.

Marco Rubio and Carly Fiorina impressed me the most.

Post thoughts.

Rand Paul - seemed like the only sensible one on stage imo

Walker/Huckabee/Cruz are washed at this point

Fiorina - atypical neocon war pimp

Trump - is [BAD WORD REMOVED] hilarious, I would vote this guy in a second just for the lulz

Bush - let Trump get under his skin on multiple occasions and let it show

Carson - got caught up a few times last night, great with the one liners though

Christie - 9/11

All in all I wouldn't vote any of them, mayyyyybeeee Trump just because I'd get a good laugh out of it, which is more than I'd get out of any other Rep/Dem

Quote:I finally watched it today, and I came away with these thoughts personally.

Rand Paul is an idiot.

Donald Trump needs to go back to making reality shows since he seems to think that this is one.

Marco Rubio and Carly Fiorina impressed me the most.

Post thoughts.
Fiorina is a hypocrite on Iran and wants cold war 2.0 but she "won" IMO. 

I like Paul as much as before because he seems reasonable. I'm still on the fence with Rubio. sometimes I like him and sometimes I don't.

Cruz reminds me of a creep televangelist. 

Trump is trump and made for some awesome gifs. 
Quote:Fiorina is a hypocrite on Iran and wants cold war 2.0 but she "won" IMO. 

I like Paul as much as before because he seems reasonable. I'm still on the fence with Rubio. sometimes I like him and sometimes I don't.

Cruz reminds me of a creep televangelist. 

Trump is trump and made for some awesome gifs. 

Curious.  Why is Fiorina a hypocrite on Iran?

I agree with much of what she said regarding the military.  It's all about leadership and peace through strength.  Sometimes the message gets across to certain leaders in the world through actions rather than words.
Since we're being succint:

Trump and Fiorina are the golden children of the press right now. I think we'll see a lot of time and page space dedicated to those two bickering back and forth over the next few months.

Trump's plan for diplomacy is to be close, personal friends with every world leader. Fiorina's is to personally nuke every world leader. Both are misguided.

Christie's entire campaign seems to be, "America will be better with me in charge because I was there on 9/11." I'm not impressed.

Rubio has some good ideas, but he has a lot of bad ones, too.

The more I see from Kasich, the more I believe he's a remarkably moderate candidate. That, of course, means that he doesn't stand a chance.

I still think Bush will be a slow burn of a candidate who goes off close to the convention, once other candidates start dropping out.

Walker is done. Is it just me, or does it look like he's constantly stoned?

Now that the world is taking Donald Trump seriously, Huckabee will be urged to stay in it at least until the next debate for comic relief.

Cruz remains a Canadian idiot, and it was very refreshing to see virtually everyone else on the debate panel essentially call him one over his blabbering about shutting down the government to block Planned Parenthood funding (a move that, as those with multiple functioning brain cells onstage pointed out, would all but hand Democrats the election), and on his "tear up the treaty" garbage. Cruz is a demagogue, and he'll continue to be marginalized and pushed out of the election as Americans see that the man is either making it up as he goes along or functionally insane. I initially thought that Cruz would be at the convention as one of the final two or three. Now, I think he'll be lucky to survive Super Tuesday, and I'm not shedding any tears over that.

Carson continues to impress me with how brilliant and well-spoken he is, but occasionally he'll say something about Earth being 6,000 years old, or how we should use military drones to bomb ourselves in the name of immigration reform. I want to like him because I think he's very moderate on some issues, but he just keeps alienating me.

Paul remains my front-runner. It seems that he's finally settled in on a way to differentiate himself from the pack, and that's by emphasizing how pro-liberty he is. Honestly, that's the biggest reason, by far, that I'm behind Paul as opposed to someone like O'Malley (is he still running?). The total loss of privacy and civil liberties in the name of "national security" is a joke, and if we don't fix it now, we will have destroyed America. How that message isn't resonating with more people is beyond me, although the establishment culture (on both sides) of, "If you see something, say something," may well have poisoned Americans into accepting massive government intrusion into their daily lives, warrantless searches of their person, property and electronic records and, ultimately imprisonment of "suspected terrorists" whose only crime is disagreeing with government actions and daring to speak their mind. Rand Paul is the only candidate on both sides that, I believe, would do anything significant to change the path by dismantling the DHS, ending NSA domestic espionage operations and ending TSA stupidity--which is no longer restricted to airports. TSA clowns can now be found at train stations, bus depots, even conducting random, warrantless "inspections" on freeways.

But, yeah, I digress, and now you guys know more about what really drives my motivations than anything else.

Side note as it relates to the JV debate: Bobby Jindal has lost it, and Lindsey Graham was surprisingly impressive last night. Too bad his campaign is already far beyond saving.

Paul is my front runner as well, and its not close.

I'm very curious why @jagibelieve thinks he is an idiot

Fiorina sounds like she is ready to declare war on the world and bloat the military budget to stupid levels.  You don't want a person like that in charge of a military.

Trump on foreign policy was very troubling, I'm sure Putin can't wait to be buddies with him. The guy is a clown.

The rest mostly blur together or focus only on what they did in their states and not what they can do with a country.

Quote:Curious.  Why is Fiorina a hypocrite on Iran?

I agree with much of what she said regarding the military.  It's all about leadership and peace through strength.  Sometimes the message gets across to certain leaders in the world through actions rather than words.
I won't spam the link I put in another thread but there are articles out there on how she sold tons of HP product to Iran using loopholes since they couldn't through conventional means. 
Quote:Since we're being succint:

Trump and Fiorina are the golden children of the press right now. I think we'll see a lot of time and page space dedicated to those two bickering back and forth over the next few months.

Trump's plan for diplomacy is to be close, personal friends with every world leader. Fiorina's is to personally nuke every world leader. Both are misguided.

Christie's entire campaign seems to be, "America will be better with me in charge because I was there on 9/11." I'm not impressed.

The more I see from Kasich, the more I believe he's a remarkably moderate candidate. That, of course, means that he doesn't stand a chance.

I still think Bush will be a slow burn of a candidate who goes off close to the convention, once other candidates start dropping out.

Now that the world is taking Donald Trump seriously, Huckabee will be urged to stay in it at least until the next debate for comic relief.

Cruz remains a Canadian idiot, and it was very refreshing to see virtually everyone else on the debate panel essentially call him one over his blabbering about shutting down the government to block Planned Parenthood funding (a move that, as those with multiple functioning brain cells onstage pointed out, would all but hand Democrats the election), and on his "tear up the treaty" garbage. Cruz is a demagogue, and he'll continue to be marginalized and pushed out of the election as Americans see that the man is either making it up as he goes along or functionally insane. I initially thought that Cruz would be at the convention as one of the final two or three. Now, I think he'll be lucky to survive Super Tuesday, and I'm not shedding any tears over that.

Carson continues to impress me with how brilliant and well-spoken he is, but occasionally he'll say something about Earth being 6,000 years old, or how we should use military drones to bomb ourselves in the name of immigration reform. I want to like him because I think he's very moderate on some issues, but he just keeps alienating me.

Paul remains my front-runner. It seems that he's finally settled in on a way to differentiate himself from the pack, and that's by emphasizing how pro-liberty he is. Honestly, that's the biggest reason, by far, that I'm behind Paul as opposed to someone like O'Malley (is he still running?). The total loss of privacy and civil liberties in the name of "national security" is a joke, and if we don't fix it now, we will have destroyed America. How that message isn't resonating with more people is beyond me, although the establishment culture (on both sides) of, "If you see something, say something," may well have poisoned Americans into accepting massive government intrusion into their daily lives, warrantless searches of their person, property and electronic records and, ultimately imprisonment of "suspected terrorists" whose only crime is disagreeing with government actions and daring to speak their mind. Rand Paul is the only candidate on both sides that, I believe, would do anything significant to change the path by dismantling the DHS, ending NSA domestic espionage operations and ending TSA stupidity--which is no longer restricted to airports. TSA clowns can now be found at train stations, bus depots, even conducting random, warrantless "inspections" on freeways.

But, yeah, I digress, and now you guys know more about what really drives my motivations than anything else.

Side note as it relates to the JV debate: Bobby Jindal has lost it, and Lindsey Graham was surprisingly impressive last night. Too bad his campaign is already far beyond saving.
I agree across the board. Nice analysis  :thumbsup:
Quote:Since we're being succint:

A couple of specific questions for you.

First, you said that Carly Fiorina's foreign policy is to "nuke" every foreign leader.  Can you point exactly to where she said as much?  I do believe that she talked about strengthening our military, operating in certain regions (international waters), and putting troops into bases that currently exist in allied countries to send a message.  I don't recall her saying anything about attacking anyone.  It's called "peace through strength".

Second, can you specifically say which ideas of Rubio's are bad?
Quote:I agree across the board. Nice analysis  :thumbsup:
Stop agreeing with me. JIB and jj will start calling me a leftist again. Tongue
Quote:Stop agreeing with me. JIB and jj will start calling me a leftist again. Tongue
my bad  Ninja
Quote:Paul is my front runner as well, and its not close.

I'm very curious why @jagibelieve thinks he is an idiot

Fiorina sounds like she is ready to declare war on the world and bloat the military budget to stupid levels.  You don't want a person like that in charge of a military.

Trump on foreign policy was very troubling, I'm sure Putin can't wait to be buddies with him. The guy is a clown.

The rest mostly blur together or focus only on what they did in their states and not what they can do with a country.

The guy is so far "out there" that it's unbelievable to me.  His foreign policy is to be isolationists to the point that he ignores what is happening in the world.  Whether we like it or not, this is a WORLD community right now that we participate in, and our participation should be LEADERS.  We cannot back down from forces that want to do harm not only to us, but our allies as well.

Regarding his stance on marijuana, and specifically "medical marijuana" he is wrong.  It should be left up to the states, not regulated by the federal government.

The bottom line regarding Rand Paul is, he would be only a VERY slight upgrade to who we have in The Oval Office right now, and that's not saying much.
Quote:A couple of specific questions for you.

First, you said that Carly Fiorina's foreign policy is to "nuke" every foreign leader.  Can you point exactly to where she said as much?  I do believe that she talked about strengthening our military, operating in certain regions (international waters), and putting troops into bases that currently exist in allied countries to send a message.  I don't recall her saying anything about attacking anyone.  It's called "peace through strength".

Second, can you specifically say which ideas of Rubio's are bad?
Rubio first, because that's easy. His policies on the economy and education are both acceptable to me. His immigration policies are very common sense, and while I'm not a fan of his desire to single-handedly dismantle the Iran treaty, his method for doing so has a certain level of creativity that I can't help but respect.

The "nuke the world" joke about Fiorina was specifically related to her hard-line stance against Russia, China, Iran, Korea, really anyone that stands in the way of the US doing exactly what she wants it to. She's seemingly after a second Cold War--or just the complete thermonuclear annihilation of Russia. It was tough to tell which.
Quote:The bottom line regarding Rand Paul is, he would be only a VERY slight upgrade to who we have in The Oval Office right now, and that's not saying much.
This coming from a guy who's supporting Cruz Tongue
Quote:I won't spam the link I put in another thread but there are articles out there on how she sold tons of HP product to Iran using loopholes since they couldn't through conventional means. 

Put the links out there.  Let's look at them and discuss it.  I would wager that it's probably pretty insignificant.
Quote:This coming from a guy who's supporting Cruz Tongue

Actually, he's dropped in my ratings.  While I still support him my top two choices right now are Marco Rubio and Carly Fiorina (in no particular order).
Quote:Put the links out there.  Let's look at them and discuss it.  I would wager that it's probably pretty insignificant.
Well, I mean, if using third-party overseas distributors to violate an export ban so she could rake in hundreds of millions of dollars from a country that she now wants to turn into a parking lot is insignificant, sure...

http://www.bloombergview.com/articles/20...es-in-iran
Quote:Stop agreeing with me. JIB and jj will start calling me a leftist again. Tongue

Quote:my bad  Ninja

LOL.  You both are a couple of bleeding heart leftist libs.  That's O.K. though, you two are alright in my book.   :thumbsup:
Quote:Put the links out there.  Let's look at them and discuss it.  I would wager that it's probably pretty insignificant.
TJ beat me. 

Quote:Rubio first, because that's easy. His policies on the economy and education are both acceptable to me. His immigration policies are very common sense, and while I'm not a fan of his desire to single-handedly dismantle the Iran treaty, his method for doing so has a certain level of creativity that I can't help but respect.

The "nuke the world" joke about Fiorina was specifically related to her hard-line stance against Russia, China, Iran, Korea, really anyone that stands in the way of the US doing exactly what she wants it to. She's seemingly after a second Cold War--or just the complete thermonuclear annihilation of Russia. It was tough to tell which.
Forgot to spell out the main thing I find problematic about Rubio: his social policies. I'll just leave that there, because we've had those arguments already, and there's really nothing to add at this point.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7