Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Why is Everyone in Panic Mode?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am dismayed at the level of negativity on this message board. There is absolutely no shame in losing to Carolina as they have clearly established themselves as one of the favorites in the NF with Sundays win. Non Divisional Games really don't matter and games out of conference even matter less so I'm already over Sundays loss. The mistakes that we made are correctable, and this loss under no circumstances can be blamed on the players, who gave just a fabulous effort, or the coaching staff who had a masterful game plan. Culpability goes far beyond the players and coaches and I think it's time to point out the Pink Elephants in the room, so we can move on and get ready for our crucial Ponce De Leon Cup Match Up with Miami this Sunday.

You cannot argue with placing the blame on the following people/parties:

David Cadwell: The Jaguars GM severely damaged not just one team, but two teams when he traded Josh Scobee away to the Steelers. Without Scobee, the Jags have no internal leadership and now really struggle to score. With Scobee, the Steelers now have a kicker  who is having great difficulty connecting with a franchise that has little history and a fan base with extremely low expectations. The poor guy is just really home sick and bored. Scobee is at his best when things matter and Myers is obviously at his worst when things matter as he cost us the game single handedly on Sunday with his errant kicking. I'm surprised Mr. Cadwell did not think through this more accurately and if he had, we would be sitting at 1-0 and first place in the NFL instead of 0-1 and in second place in the NFL.

It would be irresponsible to not point out the role that the Jacksonville Chamber of commerce has had in the Jags Struggles the past few years, not to mention specifically this past Sunday. If Chamber Chair John Delaney and his staff would focus on growing the population of Jacksonvlile 20% from 832,323 people to 998, 876.6, it would solve the issues of our lack of home field advantage during our home games. Think about it this way, if the chamber did their job and truly promoted the city, and the city of Jacksonville were to add 166,000 new people, and 40% of the new 166,000 people became die hard Jags fans (approx. 66,400) we could nearly sell out the stadium each week with the new bodies alone. At a minimum, it would create a supply and demand scenario for tickets that would give us the home field advantage we are sorely lacking. It must be depressing for the players to look up in the stands midway through the first half, see thousands of empty seats and think to themselves "not only are we playing our opponent, but we are playing the Jacksonville Chamber of Commerce as well."  With Miami coming to town this weekend for a battle of supremacy in the "Ponce De Leon Cup" a raucous crowd will be on hand - the Chamber must capitalize to the people in Tampa and Miami to convince them to pack up and move to a real city with a real football team. 

I"ve kept my mouth shut on President Mark Lamping for long enough, but I just can't any longer. As the president, it is his job to provide an info structure in which his employees can succeed. It is Lamping who hired our analytics department and the analytics department failing to communicate with Jaguars defensive coordinator Bob Babich that Cam Newton was a threat to run on third down really, really hurt us in the second half on Sunday. The apparent lack of communication between the different divisions inside the Jags organization is just mind boggling and shows a lack of leadership. Furthermore, Lamping should have created a "Director of Tackling" position but failed to do so. Kudo's to the Jags Defensive Staff for having our players in the right position the entire game on Sunday and non  kudos to Lamping for failing to invest in enough coaches to allow our staff to be successful. This would be like opening a Lexus dealership (the Jags players and coaches being the Lexus) and then not having any sales people (the lack of sales people being the mindset of Lamping) to sell the cars. 

The players and coaches clearly have a lot to overcome, but I believe in them. Win this week and we have three winnable road games in a row and we are only one game out of where I predicted we would be after 5 games at 4-1.

The Patriots win more games a year than we win in 3 seasons. I wonder why people are frustrated.

Omaha, you are wrong about other AFC games not mattering. As long as we have a chance to make the playoffs - and I am talking about the facts, not expectations - every AFC game matters. However some of them to me are all about pride - for example, the defense stopping Tom Brady - because I know winning is unlikely to happen.

I do totally agree the negativity is stupid. In fact, I have made the same complaint after many losses, even blowouts. It will never make any sense to me because people always act like they hate the Jaguars after we lose.

I fully understand it is very frustrating to see us play the way we do, but so what, this is called growing pains. Jacksonville is the NFL's youngest team. Many assistant coaches were replaced. Blake Bortles wasn't supposed to be a starter after only three games and is still learning how to play quarterback. And how are we supposed to stay healthy during games when other teams can't either?

Quote:The Patriots win more games a year than we win in 3 seasons. I wonder why people are frustrated.

Isn't that true for ALL playoff teams? You can't go to the playoffs with only five wins.
 I am not in panic mode at all. I said before the season even started jags would start  with loses,and our first win won't come until we play texans the first time. I expect us to lose teams who made playoffs. 

Quote:...Myers is obviously at his worst when things matter as he cost us the game single handedly on Sunday with his errant kicking. I'm surprised Mr. Cadwell did not think through this more accurately and if he had, we would be sitting at 1-0 and first place in the NFL instead of 0-1 and in second place in the NFL.

The four points Myers left on the field had little to do with the 11-point loss.

we still would've lost if the kicker made extra point,and missed fg.     lost 20-9   makes extra point its 20-10  makes the fg ,and its 20-13 panthers still win.

Quote: I am not in panic mode at all. I said before the season even started jags would start  with loses,and our first win won't come until we play texans the first time. I expect us to lose teams who made playoffs. 

After watching Mariota put up a perfect qb rating against the Bucs in a blowout, I'm convinced the Jaguars are at least beating the Bucs. And after watching the Dolphins struggle big time to get their W over the Redskins, I feel we at least have a shot this week. I'm not saying a W is likely, but it doesn't seem as impossible as it seemed a couple weeks ago. When the Bills beat the Colts it was both the Colts playing bad and the Bills playing out of this world, but aside from being able to run the ball a bit, the Redskins did not play that well and yet the Dolphins needed a 2nd half KO return for a score to beat them.

lol not your best one but still pretty good

We're in panic mode because we might have to destroy everything and start over. Starting 0-4 is a real possibility with the way we played yesterday. No one wants to start the season like that and it's a huge letdown to the players and fans.

Quote:We're in panic mode because we might have to destroy everything and start over. Starting 0-4 is a real possibility with the way we played yesterday. No one wants to start the season like that and it's a huge letdown to the players and fans.

Are you sure it was just us making mistakes and had nothing to do with the Panthers simply being a better team? We are talking about a team that won 7 games last season, then beat the Cardinals. Not a shabby record.
I used to be in perpetual panic mode. Then my Madden broke and life has been happy and fulfilling ever since. 

Honestly don't get that saying. If you spring marathons you will finish faster than the slowpokes.

Quote:Are you sure it was just us making mistakes and had nothing to do with the Panthers simply being a better team? We are talking about a team that won 7 games last season, then beat the Cardinals. Not a shabby record.
little column A, little column B. panthers where missing some fire power especially after the kuekly injury, but even with that, they are still the better team at this point. there were mistakes on both sides, but i think we just made more, or more costly, mistakes in the end. 
Quote:Honestly don't get that saying. If you spring marathons you will finish faster than the slowpokes.

What saying? And who ever said we are supposed to spring marathons?
Quote:Are you sure it was just us making mistakes and had nothing to do with the Panthers simply being a better team? We are talking about a team that won 7 games last season, then beat the Cardinals. Not a shabby record.

The Panthers were a better team. They weren't supposed to be the better team. 7 wins in a weak division and a win against a Cardinals team that was down to its 3rd string QB does not a good team make. The Panthers were also missing their two best defensive players and their only good wide receiver.

[Image: OLGinW.png]

khan should make this for people to jump off... dames point/wellsfargo building/ giant score board  high dive.

I'm glad I'm not the only person to realize that this loss is squarely on Caldwell for trading away Scobee.  He was the heart and soul of the team, the inspirational leader and voice of reason.  

You could see people were playing flat because he wasn't around.  
Didn't read. We suck. Sorry. Maybe next year!
Too much to read...

#becausejaguars

Pages: 1 2