Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: 2008 to present
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
After yet another over hyped, enthusiastic and yet disappointing home opener I have been pondering the state of this franchise.  I mean really how can one entity be so snake bit?  Allow me to explain.  Since 2008 (bearing in mind that 2007 was the last time this franchise reached the playoffs) us fans have experienced the following:

2 owners

3 GM's

3 Head coaches

4 Offensive Coordinators

and Multiple starting QB's and offensive starters

Yet this offense continues to look the same.  Exactly the same.  

I have to ask WHY?  Why can't this offense or any in the last 7 years look different?  I am perplexed and searching for an answer, any answer?

It's really since 2011. In 2010, they were a game away from winning the division.

This sums up this team the last 4 years

[Image: Dr.-Who.gif]

Quote:It's really since 2011. In 2010, they were a game away from winning the division.

JACK DEL RIO COME BACK!
Poor drafting, poor coaching.. When you have idiots drafted by idiots and coached by idiots, you're in for at least a decade of poo..
Quote:This sums up this team the last 4 years

I loled..a sad lol
Quote:This sums up this team the last 4 years

I think this pretty much sums up how all jags fans feel inside right now...  

And if there is anyone that isn't feeling like this...  

Sam Young starts...

There, now I've dragged everyone down to my level and beat them with my misery.
 if the team had hired jeff fisher we would have a winning team right now. we would've beaten the panthers. he is a real HC unlike the last couple we had here.

Quote: if the team had hired jeff fisher we would have a winning team right now. we would've beaten the panthers. he is a real HC unlike the last couple we had here.

I don't agree with you much, but I think a good coach has this team 1-0 right now. With the same exact personnel we have right now.
Sometimes change is necessary but too much change probably contributed to the Jaguars being in their current rebuilding situation.   As dark as the last few seasons have been for the Jags,  staying the course as much as possible probably is the best way to proceed.  

Del Rio with this roster would have won game 1.  It's Gus and the entire staff.

del rio wouldn't of won this past sunday either. Hes not as good a HC as people think. Jeff fisher would have this team winning games a lot more. 

Quote:del rio wouldn't of won this past sunday either. Hes not as good a HC as people think. Jeff fisher would have this team winning games a lot more. 
[Image: fisher_jeff_ci.jpg]
 a lot of you probbley don't want to hear this,but its the truth. that team he had in 99 had no talent on it besides mcnair,and eddie george. the rest was a bunch of players. This jags team has the talen,but we haven't ever

had a HC with this team that knows how to ultize the players talents.   Jeff fisher would have us in contention to win the division as well. Gus will never never never ever ever ever ever win more then 6 games in 1 season.

Quote: a lot of you probbley don't want to hear this,but its the truth. that team he had in 99 had no talent on it besides mcnair,and eddie george. the rest was a bunch of players. This jags team has the talen,but we haven't ever

had a HC with this team that knows how to ultize the players talents.   Jeff fisher would have us in contention to win the division as well. Gus will never never never ever ever ever ever win more then 6 games in 1 season.

In terms of the talent Tennessee had in the 1999 season,   a case can be made that then rookie DE Jevon ' The Freak'  Kearse was their best player.  

As for Jeff Fisher,  I think he's a good Head Coach but when he doesn't have enough talent,  he has losing seasons.   The St. Louis Rams of recent seasons illustrate this.  
Quote: In terms of the talent Tennessee had in the 1999 season, a case can be made that then rookie DE Jevon ' The Freak' Kearse was their best player.

As for Jeff Fisher, I think he's a good Head Coach but when he doesn't have enough talent, he has losing seasons. The St. Louis Rams of recent seasons illustrate this.

Even in those seasons, you never got the sense that the Rams didn't come to play really; and they've beat good teams like Seattle repeatedly. I think the last time we beat a team with a winning record was the Colts in 2012
Quote: a lot of you probbley don't want to hear this,but its the truth. that team he had in 99 had no talent on it besides mcnair,and eddie george. the rest was a bunch of players. This jags team has the talen,but we haven't ever

And with this post, Wolfie is in full Jags meltdown mode.

I guess all this losing has really gotten to him.

P.S. A team with little talent just doesn't reach the Super bowl, this is proven year after year after year
Quote:I think this pretty much sums up how all jags fans feel inside right now...  

And if there is anyone that isn't feeling like this...  

Sam Young starts...

There, now I've dragged everyone down to my level and beat them with my misery.

Honestly do you really think that Sam Young is that much different than that of Luke Joeckel at LT?  To me they are both the same a below average LT in the NFL on the top 10 teams they would be on the practice squad.
Quote:[Image: fisher_jeff_ci.jpg]

He is a good head coach, but out of current HCs playing as HC I would rather have Andy Reid (heck if he can make KC good in his first year going from the leagues worst to a playoff contender that won almost all of their games he could do a lot here). 
Pages: 1 2 3