Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: How to be a Jaguars fan
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
1. Support the team no matter what. This means buying tickets, showing up at training camp or other events throughout the year. Do whatever you can to show the team you are with them in good times and bad.

2. Ignore the national media. They don't like us or they don't care enough about us to do proper research about the team. When we do well, they will gloss over our accomplishments. When we do poorly they will pile on or ignore us completely. Don't expect praise or even decent coverage. The media darlings are easily identified. So are the outcasts.

3. This one is gonna be tough for many of you. EXPECT TO LOSE EVERY SINGLE GAME WE PLAY. This fan base is loyal and they deserve a winner. But we have also proven to be a bunch of crybabies as evidenced by the overwhelming support of blowing up the front office after a week 1 loss. This franchise has been a laughing stock, an afterthought, an abomination for almost a decade. Yet this fragile fan base still cannot handle losing games. You'd think we would be used to it by now. I'm not saying you should like it or accept it, but if we are playing the Orange Park JV high school team, expect to lose the game by double digits. By expecting to lose every single game, you allow yourself the chance to be pleasantly surprised by a victory. And you won't set yourself for disappointment. By expecting to lose, you can be more objective as to whether or not the team is actually getting better and will be able to set realistic expectations on how long it takes for a player to develop instead of assuming a guy will automatically be a stud since he was drafted high for a need position. By expecting to lose, you won't open yourself up to public ridicule for posting silly statements like, "Josh McDaniels can turn this team into a winner." Losing sucks. For the fans, the players, the coaches and the front office. You are not supposed to like it. But we have been a bad team for a long time. Our last GM took Gabbert over JJ Watt and a punter over Russell Wilson. The cupboard was bare when the current regime got here. We are going about a rebuild the right way and have improved the quality of the roster significantly. We really only swung for the fences in free agency this offseason. We should expect improvement by now. But since we have also proven to be so insecure and impatient, it would be better for all of us to expect a winless season. That way we can have an unfiltered perspective on whether or not this team is actually getting better or if they still stink on ice without getting all emotionally butt hurt. Liberate yourself so you can see areas where this team is indeed getting better and more competitive. Because this team IS getting better and the wins will come. LOSING is not acceptable. But freaking out and spouting the nonsense I have seen on this board after one loss is ridiculous. It'd be better for everyone if you just set the expectation we are a bad, but improving team for yourself as a fan. Knowing we have players, coaches and an owner who are sick of losing and working to change the culture in the building. Let them carry the burden of expecting to win every week. As a fan base we have proven to be too immature and fractured to handle that pressure.
How to be a Jagwire fan

1. Buy beer, rum, vodka and a bottle of Colt 45.

2. DO NOT go to the game, you'll will see your money go to waste and it'll hurt even more seeing the opposing teams fans in the pools, taking over slowly.

3. Only watch the 1st Quarter and then you can judge how the game will pan out. You should be wasted by now and pass out on the couch.

4. You go to jaguars.com and read the newest Oesher article "It Takes Time", only to think to yourself "Didn't I read this last year? And the year before? And the year before that?"

Short paragraphs encourage a reader...
Expect to lose every game? I agree with you that losing is unacceptable but can't agree with the premise.

Okay, Gus, nice pep talk. When do I get my ice cream and sprinkles?

Oh wait...sprinkles are for winners.
Damn Sosa, intercepted my thunder

Now it lacks effect
How to be a Jaguar fan:

Study the sad MJ meme and be prepared to have that face occur 16 sundays a year

Meh maybe it only works for apologist, I always expect them to lose and they're still a letdown to watch. 

And remember our SB is always during the draft period because we always draft in the top 5
Terrible thread. Lost me at expect to lose every game. These men are professionals, we should expect to win every game. If not, why watch?
One of the worst threads ever.  Blame the fans and hold the players/coaches/front office blameless? 

I call BS - the fans are NOT to blame for this disaster.  The fans have supported the team, the team now owes it to the fans to give them a decent product on the field.  
Picture yourself seeing the sign to the gates of hell as you enter the stadium..."Abandon all hope ye who enter here."
You guys are still whining? Good lord.
Quote:One of the worst threads ever. Blame the fans and hold the players/coaches/front office blameless?

I call [BAD WORD REMOVED] - the fans are NOT to blame for this disaster. The fans have supported the team, the team now owes it to the fans to give them a decent product on the field.

There was a thick amount of sarcasm which may have veiled it's intent. But it was directed to a segment of the fan base who reacted to this loss in such a childish manner that I proposed a ridiculous hypothesis which would neutralize their collective mental response.

We should expect to look good every Sunday regardless of the opponent. That's what everyone should expect. And we didn't this week. Crying like a baby that everyone sucks and should be fired is absurd after the first week of the season. If you're a fan, support the team no matter what and give the team some time to come together before you bring the torches and the pitchforks. We have 15 more weeks of history to write.
#3 was hilarious.   I haven't laughed that hard since the days I got high.

Op is on drugs.
Quote:There was a thick amount of sarcasm which may have veiled it's intent. But it was directed to a segment of the fan base who reacted to this loss in such a childish manner that I proposed a ridiculous hypothesis which would neutralize their collective mental response.

We should expect to look good every Sunday regardless of the opponent. That's what everyone should expect. And we didn't this week. Crying like a baby that everyone sucks and should be fired is absurd after the first week of the season. If you're a fan, support the team no matter what and give the team some time to come together before you bring the torches and the pitchforks. We have 15 more weeks of history to write.

Everyone is upset we lost and the manner in which it happened was just awful and deflating, but you are correct, the amount of insufferable whining is bordering on the ridiculous.
Quote:Everyone is upset we lost and the manner in which it happened was just awful and deflating, but you are correct, the amount of insufferable whining is bordering on the ridiculous.
Winning cures all...
Quote:Winning cures all...

It would be welcomed for sure, but I get concerned about some of you peoples coping mechanisms.
Quote:It would be welcomed should be expected for sure, but I get concerned about some of you peoples coping mechanisms.
FIFY
I think it was crazy people asking for heads after the first week. Don't say we want more big plays if you're not gonna give us more big plays. We can accept losing if you lose by trying to win and go for it. Give it all you got and lose that way.  Leave it on the field. Don't try to win a game by skipping down it. Stop playing conservative after a few players get hurt. You have a roster...USE IT and find the next man that can get it done. If you're gonna lose, do it for free, stop getting paid for it and you'll find a way to win. We can be fans at home and not go to the game. If I lived in Jacksonville I would go to the game and stay to the end yelling to keep fighting, but I live in NC and has been a Jags fan ever since the beginning like most of you. We are better than a losing team and we are not whinning, we are just saying enough is enough. It's time to put on your BIG BOY PANTS and WIN!!!!!      

Pages: 1 2 3 4