Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Rebel Yeldon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
One of the positives in week 1 was definitely TJ Yeldon. I'm convinced he could've run for 100 yards against Carolina if we kept giving him the ball.

He's very shifty, and reminds me a bit of Ladainian Tomlinson in the way he's able to create room for himself. Against Miami, I'm hoping the Jags turn the keys over to Yeldon and let him help move the offense rather than hope that Bortles can do it all.

The West Coast Offense scheme of throwing first and running 2nd is favorable to Running backs as opponets are usually less likely to stack the box with more than 7 players, but I was impressed with his cut back and juke moves during the game.  He can catch as well as Robinson showed nice hands with his two catches (especially that screen pass play).

I was hoping to see Corey Grant get a handoff though.

Quote:The West Coast Offense scheme of throwing first and running 2nd is favorable to Running backs as opponets are usually less likely to stack the box with more than 7 players, but I was impressed with his cut back and juke moves during the game.  He can catch as well as Robinson showed nice hands with his two catches (especially that screen pass play).

I was hoping to see Corey Grant get a handoff though.
I was glad to see them throw it to Grant once or twice. I think if they would of given him those screen passes instead of Denard he could of broke it for more yardage. Grant is a special player kinda wish they would let him return punts.
His one kick off return of 40 yards is only 3 yards short of the best rookie average return for the week (David Johnson Arizona).

I thought they had thrown it to Grant twice too, but NFL stats only show one catch for five yards.

I know we haven't seen much but I'm sold on this guy! He's got that quick twitch that jukes guys out of their shoes, runs with power and an every down back. Can't believe we abandoned the run game.

Quote:I know we haven't seen much but I'm sold on this guy! He's got that quick twitch that jukes guys out of their shoes, runs with power and an every down back. Can't believe we abandoned the run game.

Agreed. I like Yeldon. He was playing well and then all of a sudden it was Robinson the rest of the game. He should get the rock more!
Agreed, im excited to see him get more snaps
Yeah it still puzzles me why they went away from him on Sunday. From what I saw he was running awesome!

Quote:Agreed. I like Yeldon. He was playing well and then all of a sudden it was Robinson the rest of the game. He should get the rock more!
He outsnapped Robinson 42 to 16.  I think the ratio is fine.  They should just have ran it more.  Star was already out and when Kuechly got hurt it was just common sense to run the ball, especially with the game being so tight most of the game.
Im still not totally sold on him as of yet but I really did like what little I saw this past sunday. I hope we see him do more of it more often. Hopefully it helps us win some games as well.

Quote:Yeah it still puzzles me why they went away from him on Sunday. From what I saw he was running awesome!

I agree. I think it's time to set aside the by committee approach and start feeding Yeldon like he's meant to be fed.

Quote:I agree. I think it's time to set aside the by committee approach and start feeding Yeldon like he's meant to be fed.
Again, how's it a committee if Yeldon got 42 snaps and Robinson got 16 snaps?  Pretty clear who the bellcow is.
We fell behind again and the team hit the panic button.

Quote:We fell behind again and the team hit the panic button.

HA !!  Pull Yeldon out, we're behind by 8
With a Rebel Yell, Bradley cried we want more, more, more
I have a feeling TJ is the answer for Sunday against the Dolphins. The Panthers front 7 is way better than theirs, so they should be much easier to run on.

Quote:I have a feeling TJ is the answer for Sunday against the Dolphins. The Panthers front 7 is way better than theirs, so they should be much easier to run on.

I agree with you. I hope they lean on the run (Yeldon) and use play-action.
Quote:I have a feeling TJ is the answer for Sunday against the Dolphins. The Panthers front 7 is way better than theirs, so they should be much easier to run on.

Not a single player on Carolina's front 7 is as good as Suh, or Cameron Wake.
Quote:Not a single player on Carolina's front 7 is as good as Suh, or Cameron Wake.
You didn't watch the Redskins run down their throats? 
Quote:You didn't watch the Redskins run down their throats?

True. But you know very well that Miami will be firing on all cylinders once they play us. Nobody has an off day against the Jags.
Pages: 1 2 3