Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Hope remains for a 1-3 start
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Now I can't see this team even playing with the Patriots, but I'm starting to wonder about the Dolphins and Colts. I watched the cut-ups for both teams, and there's reason to think we might be able to pull off a win against one of them.

The Redskins got off to a fast start in the first quarter, but did virtually nothing after that except rack up penalties. The Dolphins should have been able to put that pathetic team to bed, but they failed miserably and kept the Redskins in the game. Tannehill was floating passes, and their offense showed little more than occasional flashes of success. If it wasn't for a KO return for a TD in the second half, they might have faced OT versus the Redskins.

Meanwhile, the Colts were flat out whooped by the Bills. Now the Bills are looking great. It's too early to start worrying about the London game, but right now they're clicking on both sides of the ball. Offensively the Colts receivers were shut down, and defensively they were just ugly. Adding to their misery was constant penalties and miscues, such as a muffed punt leading to a Bills TD, that killed any comeback attempt before it could get going. The Colts have a very talented roster, but they've yet to get their act together and are currently prime for the taking. Should Sen'Derrick, Lee and Julius return for that game, the Jaguars have a real chance of beating them.

Provided we find a way to start 1-3, I can still see this team going 8-8.

I see no way we win the London game.

Maybe....maybe we stand a chance against the fish if Suh somehow gets suspended.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...ion-again/

The Bills destroyed the Colts because they have playmakers on both sides of the ball.

I don't think we have any.

No way do we compete with the Colts.  Don't think we compete with the Phins either.   I see us starting 0-4.  

How sad is the statement, "Hope remains for a 1-3 start".  That's just depressing. 

fer sure jags 437

cmon fred , the game was actually close minus the pick 6, 2missed field goals and an extra point and offensive play calling

It's sad that "hope" & "1-3" start can be associated together in one sentence. Thanks, but no thanks. I was hoping for 2 - 2 minimum. And that was including winning this game yesterday against a depleted Carolina offense that was below .500 last year. We can't seem to get out of our own way at times as a football team. New England is going to own us. Won't be a contest. We might, MIGHT beat Miami this Sunday during the late afternoon. Not convinced though. And then who else do we play? Not looking forward too much this year.

well said caldrac

on a side note, 

HOWS YOUR MUMMY !

lol, I crack me up !

Quote:How sad is the statement, "Hope remains for a 1-3 start".  That's just depressing. 

I guess it's depressing, but realistically it's the best we can hope for. If they do better than 1-3, I'm going to start talking Playoffs.

A lot of the teams looked as bad as the Jags this weekend, if its just rust, im hoping the real Jags show up next Sunday. If not, id say 0-16 is a real possibility..
Quote:A lot of the teams looked as bad as the Jags this weekend, if its just rust, im hoping the real Jags show up next Sunday. If not, id say 0-16 is a real possibility..

Hard to call it rust when this is how we have looked for years.  Being rusty would imply that there was a time where we played better.
Wake vs. Young ....0-4.

Quote:Hard to call it rust when this is how we have looked for years. Being rusty would imply that there was a time where we played better.

Good point.
So here is my idea..   for Miami we try to be aggressive and run on all three downs.  Sure we'll punt a lot but we need to get our punter to the pro bowl.

Quote:So here is my idea..   for Miami we try to be aggressive and run on all three downs.  Sure we'll punt a lot but we need to get our punter to the pro bowl.

Our punter was picked in the 3rd round, he should already be in the pro bowl.
Quote:Hard to call it rust when this is how we have looked for years.  Being rusty would imply that there was a time where we played better.

There was a time... 2007.  :whistling:<strong>
</strong>
I hope for a 4-0 start !!! Oh wait a minute....

one game at a time my friends

The Phins did look pretty bad sunday, I think we have a shot at beating them. However, the colts I'm not too sure on as they lost to a very good Bills team(which we will face later in the year) so... To a point I could see us winning 1 before the Pats. I dont believe we beat the Pats either but maybe something will happen and I get proven wrong?

Quote:fer sure jags 437

cmon fred , the game was actually close minus the pick 6, 2missed field goals and an extra point and offensive play calling
we lost to a team that was only mediocre to begin with and was without some of their key players. I don't say they beat us, I say we lost to them, because we more or less gave the game away with the drops, turnovers, missed field goal/extra point, and generally ultra conservative play calling. Even if we have a 'halfway' decent defense, they can't win without help from our offense and right now our offense stinks out loud.

and you think that this has a chance against either the fins or the dolts? no... we'll start the season at 0-4. the panthers were our best shot at a win until we play the bucs, and unless we can turn things around on offense so we're at least not embarrassing ourselves, the bucs aren't even a sure thing for a win. Given the way the tacks quarterback is playing great right out of the box as a rookie I don't see us winning those games either.

... barring a miracle, welcome to another season of truly bad Jaguar football. 

Quote:I guess it's depressing, but realistically it's the best we can hope for. If they do better than 1-3, I'm going to start talking Playoffs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2R2sH2ScBM

Pages: 1 2