Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The Official Gus Bradley and Dave Caldwell Approval Poll
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
What do you guys and gals think?

No across the board
How fragile is the psyche of our fanbase?
Take a deep breathe, step away from the keyboard, and reflect on how emotionally attached you are to this team's failure.

It's just football, man...

It was only one game of the regular season, and its not like the team was destroyed like the Titans did in TampaBay... i would expect this from Buc fans maybe... but the Jaguars were still in the game until the end.

Quote:How fragile is the psyche of our fanbase?

How delusional is some of our fan base?
Quote:Take a deep breathe, step away from the keyboard, and reflect on how emotionally attached you are to this team's failure.

It's just football, man...

It was only one game of the regular season, and its not like the team was destroyed like the Titans did in TampaBay... i would expect this from Buc fans maybe... but the Jaguars were still in the game until the end.
It's not "being in the game" when you have no faith in your offense whatsoever to produce in the second half. The minute the Panthers got to 20 you knew it was over, don't lie to yourself.
If Bradley does not have any wins after London we let him go But Dave needs to stay.But if we go two more seasons with no improvement

then Dave needs to go.

But I think they will turn it around as long as Olson opens up the offense can not call plays like that and expect to win

I fully realize that this is just football, and there certainly are more important things. But these guys get paid good money to justify tens of thousands of fans spending their own money. So far they haven't come close to holding up their end of the bargain to the fan base, and they should be held accountable.

It's just a game, so we shouldn't feel too bad about canning the incompetent, right?

We have a head coach who doesn't realize that forward progress isn't challengeable, and who can't even keep track of how many players are on the field. The hell is he doing on the sideline?

People are tired of losing and want some kind of hope. I'm sure similar conversations are happening among fans of the Bucs, Browns, Raiders and Redskins.
How can you possibly vote yes for Gus? Name one single thing he has done that has benefitted the team on the field. His ice cream party press conferences lead me to believe he is either a liar or completely delusional. The sooner this buffoon is fired, the better. We need a coach who will hold the players accountable when they don't play well. How can any player "get better" when their mistakes are rewarded with praise instead of corrected?

Gus.......you're fired!
I can't remember the last seam pass to a TE we've had
Quote:I can't remember the last seam pass to a TE we've had

Preseason. But those are just dress rehearsal plays to hide our real gameplan: 3 yard outs and bubble screens.
I think that a total rebuild takes 3-4 years - I also think that Bradley is the perfect rebuild coach - However, I've always felt that Bradley is more of a coordinator, than he is a head coach. I think as a head coach he's more suited for the college level, with all his rah-rah talk, his "spirit", "challenge our guys", "competition", & "conviction" garbage; those words are a better fit for amateurs, not professionals. Gus would have made a great male cheerleader at the college level.
Quote:Preseason. But those are just dress rehearsal plays to hide our real gameplan: 3 yard outs and bubble screens.

Rashad Greene gonna have 90 catches for 400 yards this year.
I remember when the Panthers were running out the clock and someone made a stop on third down and Gus ran up to him and gave him a high five like dude just made the play of the century. That pissed me off.
Fragile? We've achieved next to nothing for the entire new millennium with no signs of it getting better. Awkward too considering Gus has been preaching "get better" since he got here. It's not easy being a Jags fan. Failed rebuild after rebuild meanwhile one offseason Colts go from Peyton to Luck and Titans move into immediate contention with Mariota.
Quote:I think that a total rebuild takes 3-4 years - I also think that Bradley is the perfect rebuild coach - However, I've always felt that Bradley is more of a coordinator, than he is a head coach. I think as a head coach he's more suited for the college level, with all his rah-rah talk, his "spirit", "challenge our guys", "competition", & "conviction" garbage; those words are a better fit for amateurs, not professionals. Gus would have made a great male cheerleader at the college level.
It shouldn't take 3-4 years to see moderate progress though, that's the problem. Progress has been modest, at best. Remember, Caldwell and Dave decided to go with the Gabbert/Henne train in year 1, then they tried to convince us that rolling with Henne would have been good again last year, while basically starting 5 rookies on offense as well. It shouldn't be a surprise that the defense is that much better than the offense, THAT'S WHERE WE'VE SPENT THE MONEY! Better, older players on defense vs young, inexperienced, iffy players on offense. Caldwell's drafts absolutely have to start panning out.
What I really don't get is why Khan allows this to continue happening. I understand keeping Caldwell, it's not his fault the injuries have happened. But even with the injuries, the players Gus has, in theory, should improve from one year to the next. That hasn't been the case, it simply hasn't. 

Even on defense, look at Cyp. He was responsible for that receiver being wide open along the right side (fortunately he dropped it).

Yes to Dave, no to Gus and I don't think Gus survives 2015.

It would take a miracle for him to remain here at the moment.

This was bad.  Really, really bad.

It was more of the same and we cannot have that.  We are at the stage in the game where they should be playing better.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7