Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Franchise Predictions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Very premature after only 1 game but what are your thoughts (for the fun of it)?

the team announces this year by 2018 they will move to london. 

Axe Bradley. Keep Caldwell. Then, if Bortles fails, axe Caldwell.
If Bortles fails this year, I think we will have seen enough. Average backup QB at best (if he does fail) and that would be two 1st rounders that were busts. I'm going to wait until I see Fowler and our next 1st round pick before I judge Caldwell completely. I liked the picks somewhat, but FA has been a bit strange. Especially when we blow our money on players that aren't THAT good. Odrick didn't play up to his contract today, and I know it was one game, but still.

For now I'm going to say keep going in the direction we are since it was only the first game. If this consistently happens during the season, then I'll axe Bradley. Tired of waiting too long and wasting valuable years like we did with Gabbert.

Keep Caldwell, dump Bradley. Caldwell isn't doing a stellar job but he isn't doing bad either. He has had some decent drafts, it's the coaching that's really the issue.

Fire Bradley for offensive minded coach. Caldwell may need to go too. He's made some really bad choices so far.

Toby is a bust

Bortles is bust

Arob is bust

Lee is bust

Luke is a bust

Traded Monroe for a bust
Quote:Fire Bradley for offensive minded coach. Caldwell may need to go too. He's made some really bad choices so far.

Toby is a bust

Bortles is bust

Arob is bust

Lee is bust

Luke is a bust

Traded Monroe for a bust

Give bortles and Lee this season then judge.
Quote:Give bortles and Lee this season then judge.

Well I would like to but it's hard when one is consistently throwing pick sixes and the other never suits up.
Quote:Well I would like to but it's hard when one is consistently throwing pick sixes and the other never suits up.

Lol
We have the players we need better coaching. Keep Dave for sure. We could of won today if we had better Play calling. But I will say this there were way to many drops

and that fumble by Hurns hurt I want to know why was his progress not stopped like they did for the Panthers. If I was the coaching I would tell these guys when you 

get crowded and surrounded go down live to play another down. I still think his progress was stopped

Can we at least wait until week 6 before this kind of negative hate establishment type of threads?

Quote:Can we at least wait until week 6 before this kind of negative hate establishment type of threads?
I admitted up front it's pre-mature (but we get to vent, woo hoo).  Also, it's week 33 of Bradley's tenure, so it's fair.  And it's not negative hate, this is a discussion board.
I think that Bradwell will get at least next season to prove it. Dave will get a second chance with a new HC if Bortles turns it around. If Bortles bad and we bad then everyone's gone after next season
Quote:I think that Bradwell will get at least next season to prove it. Dave will get a second chance with a new HC if Bortles turns it around. If Bortles bad and we bad then everyone's gone after next season
Sounds like exactly what every said last season.
Quote:Fire Bradley for offensive minded coach. Caldwell may need to go too. He's made some really bad choices so far.

Toby is a bust

Bortles is bust

Arob is bust

Lee is bust

Luke is a bust

Traded Monroe for a bust

An "offensive minded coach". Have any suggestions? Mularkey was an offensive minded coach.
That has to be GM Dave Caldwell's dumbest move (drafting LT Luke Joeckel when the team had E. Monroe) but it wasn't a great draft year with tons of talent so I guess he gets a pass.

They're not all homerun hits.

It's a gamble, you know they have experts (scouts) that get all this data and a bit of opinion fwd-ed up the chain to Dave Caldwell when he goes to make the picks in the draft.

Not to mention he has HC Gus Bradley's input which isn't just on the players he wants to draft but the true gut feeling on the guys he might want to replace.

Stuff they wouldn't say publicly (like the fact that they wanted a quick mobile LT for the zone blocking scheme that they felt Luke would've been better at that Eugene)

Quote:An "offensive minded coach".

Yep. I have to laugh when I see people say this. It's just STUPID. That's what the OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR is for.
ThunderCat - HUGE bust

The best our offense has been since the drafting of Swaggert has been under Mularkey.

Think about it...............

I believe the new Jaxon De Ville was a first round draft choice in the 2015 Mascot Draft.
Pages: 1 2