Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Boy this looks familiar
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
So new year, same ol Jagwads. 

Here we go with the same excuses we have been hearing for the last what 6 years now? well we just didn't execute, we didn't play our game, we just didn't blah blah blah. 

I know, they thought this was just another practice game. 

It's seriously like flogging oneself , watching a Jags game... that uncomfortable, uneasy feeling that no matter how positive u try to stay.. defeat is inevitable.

Yeah, I miss this feeling about watching a painful Jags game.

Time to take pills for depression up again.
Quote:Yeah, I miss this feeling about watching a painful Jags game.

Time to take pills for depression up again.

Can't they be that one team that pops out of no where and goes 11-5? Holy crap. Didn't Del Rio go 12-4 this time in his tenure?
Quote:Can't they be that one team that pops out of no where and goes 11-5? Holy crap. Didn't Del Rio go 12-4 this time in his tenure?
We would need play-makers that are hungry like Jamaal Charles and Antonio Brown.

We have frickin Dropinson and Albino Tigger.

Maybe they should sign big FA with big money, instead of blue collar, average level players.

Skuta, Odrick, House, Gerhart...where are the playmakers ?

you know, I wouldn't even mind the loses if they were at least competitive. It seems like they just don't care about being out on the field, no motivation, no fire, nothing.

Not even sure who is to blame anymore, front office, coaching staff, players. This is just to damn depressing Sad
Quote:Maybe they should sign big FA with big money, instead of blue collar, average level players.

Skuta, Odrick, House, Gerhart...where are the playmakers ?
We don't go all out on big name players. We go after reliable depth that can add to our draft picks. Julius Thomas is the biggest one we've gotten and now we won't see him for the first quarter of the season.
Here we go again. With a thread that looks exactly like 5 others.

A really good coach can make a difference in what a team looks like on game day.

Quote:Here we go again. With a thread that looks exactly like 5 others.

Kinda like our last 5 seasons
Yes, losing is depressing, particularly if you bought into the hype that we have been significantly improved. But who knows... maybe a few games down the road we'll get to see the team that we were led to believe would take the field today. In the meantime, I've grown comfortably numb about the jags. I've learned not to get very optimistic or hopeful after seven years or so of mediocrity or worse. You know your desperate when you 'hope' your team can at least turn in a 6-10 season.

Quote:Here we go again. With a thread that looks exactly like 5 others.

Why not, the Jags have looked the same now for 5 straight years, why can't we have 5 of the same looking threads. Maybe one of them will turn out to be a winner.

hello darkness my old friend, i've come to talk with you again
maybe they will improve, been telling myself that for many many years now. I keep hearing about this great improvement but I never see it on the field. It just disheartening when you keep hearing the same thing over and over again with no visible improvement from one year to the next. Went to see some Shark's games this year and that team is a blast to watch, they play with passion and fire and give it 110% all the time. The Jags should have to sit on the sideline during one of their games to see what winners look like. 

Quote:Kinda like our last 5 seasons
Hahahaha
Get a [BLEEP] coach who has a track record of winning and good offenses. Enough of this [BLEEP]. Sick and tired of it. Treading water from 2007 to 2010 and [BLEEP] the bed from 2011 to present.
9 points.  We really smell.

[BLEEP] London, [BLEEP] the shipyards. The head coach clearly doesnt have a grasp of the rules/flow of the game after through 2 years and a preseason, and the GM seemed to think we were totally set at receiver and needed a stud TE (for a team that didnt target a TE ONCE today)
Reading the crap on Jaguars.com is getting old.  Teal Kool Aid overflows. 

Oehser says the team "went toe-to-toe for a while", Bradley says "Special Teams played well" among other inflated comments.  Both teams were sloppy the entire game with the exception of a drive or 2 on both sides.  Carolina missed as many opportunities as the Jags.  They had running lanes, the D couldn't tackle Cam and they had wide open receivers.  Special Teams allowed at least one big return while Myers missed an extra point and Field Goal.  How do you categorize that as ST playing good?

I'm not saying the sky is falling but at least provide some factual reporting.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6