Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Do you look at the game Sunday against Carolina as a "must-win" for this team?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
It almost feels like it to me. Which seems silly in week one. But if any team needs to start the year with a win, it is this one. There seems have some positive momentum coming out of training camp/preseason and there is a sense of optimism around town that I don't remember seeing in a while. A loss would be a real punch in the gut.

Yes. It's a should win game on paper.

We got the dolphins, patriots, and colts afterwards. I'd say winning this game is important.
Quote:We got the dolphins, patriots, and colts afterwards. I'd say winning this game is important.
0-4 Start, ouch.
If Gus doesn't want his seat heating up then we need to be 6-10 or better. Playoffs should be expected next season, but we should see signs of moving in that direction this season. We need to get at least one win from Carolina or Miami
Can't categorize it as must win being week one, but it sure wouldn't suck to win it. I think they will.

I am starting to get a feeling of dread about this game and this season. No doubt it's because of all the pain we have endured the last few years. I want to be optimistic, but the last few years have beaten all the optimism out of me. I feel like the dog that's been abused so long he expects to be beaten every time his master approaches, so he cowers in a corner.

Is it a must win? I kind of feel like it is. The last 2 years most of us have given Dave and Gus a pass, but that time is up.
Quote:Yes. It's a should win game on paper.

I don't at see this as a should win. On paper, the Panthers should win. However, I do see it as a virtual must win for the Jaguars in order to avoida an 0-4 start. With plenty of time to prepare for this home opener, I simply have faith this team will do what it takes.

Every game should be considered a must win..
It's about as close to a must win game as any season opener can be.
If they lose, 0-4 is staring them right in the face

Quote:If they lose, 0-4 is staring them right in the face

On paper for sure. If Bortles carries over his game from b preseason there's definitely a chance for us in most every game this season though. Pats probably not, but Dolphins I think we can compete with for sure.
Every game is a must you.  "You play to win the game"

I think after the seasons we've had, all games going forward should be considered must wins. There needs to be some urgency of getting these wins now. Either way, this game should show us where we're headed though. I hope we come out on fire, but unlike last year, let's finish strong and keep it going.... (oh that Eagles game....).

GO JAGS!!

In order to show true progress, these are the types of games you need to start winning.

I'm not saying it's a "must win" but I will admit that if we lose, I'll be checking out the 2016 Mock Drafts on Monday.

Not a "must win" but a "darn better" win

Not a must-win mathematically, but if they don't win...ugh. Really tough beginning of the season. 0-4 will absolutely shred any sense of morale or hope for this season.

Also, it is not like the Bucs are a guaranteed win. If we are 0-4 with zero momentum, that could very likely be a loss too. I don't want to even think about it. We CAN'T be 0-4.

Gus has never won a game in the first 7 games of a season... to figure he's the right guy for this situation, he needs to field a competitive team (I think the talent is finally there, no excuses) and pull out some wins, maybe some upset wins.

I don't expect a blowout at all this season, except for maybe the Patriots game. We should be in games until the 4th quarter. I'm tired of the blowouts.

I think we match up decently with Carolina, and I expect the jags to be in position to win it.

raweyejag

No it is one game and 1st of season. It is not a must win game for any team. 50% of NFL will be 0-1 after 1st week games.Really

Pages: 1 2 3