Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: NFL report: Brandon Albert to Jaguars for a draft pick not Julius Thomas..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
A late 2018 draft pick so far...

NH3...
Quote:A late 2018 draft pick so far...

NH3...
Very low risk move.  Again, my biggest worry is durability here.  My guess is that the team will sign another T as an insurance policy.  Beachum may wind up being their best option.
Quote:Very low risk move.  Again, my biggest worry is durability here.  My guess is that the team will sign another T as an insurance policy.  Beachum may wind up being their best option.

We did re-sign Josh Wells. I have a feeling we'll go after a tackle in the draft at point though as both our tackles will be over 30. Go into the season with Albert (assuming this deal gets done), Parnell, Wells, and a draft pick as our tackles.
Quote:We did re-sign Josh Wells. I have a feeling we'll go after a tackle in the draft at point though as both our tackles will be over 30. Go into the season with Albert (assuming this deal gets done), Parnell, Wells, and a draft pick as our tackles.

I'd say we go after a free agent at guard/tackle as well as drafting a lineman in the first 3 rounds.
I further enjoy the move if it's for a conditional 2018 pick. Gimme a LT who has the potential to be above average or better if healthy over a late round pick. At least given this teams current offensive line situation anyway.
Quote:I'd say we go after a free agent at guard/tackle as well as drafting a lineman in the first 3 rounds.
Guard is the best and deepest position in free agency. Any one of 4 guys would be big upgrades:

Zeitler

Warford

Leary

Lang

All these guys are good run blockers and if Albert signs I really believe they could wait til the 3rd round to take another lineman like Siragusa.

Rd. 1: Allen or Fournette

Rd.2 . Budda Baker

Rd.3: Siragusa or Poszic

Add in 1 more top free agent like Pierre-Paul and it's a great off-season.
Quote:Guard is the best and deepest position in free agency. Any one of 4 guys would be big upgrades:

Zeitler

Warford

Leary

Lang

All these guys are good run blockers and if Albert signs I really believe they could wait til the 3rd round to take another lineman like Siragusa.

Rd. 1: Allen or Fournette

Rd.2 . Budda Baker

Rd.3: Siragusa or Poszic

Add in 1 more top free agent like Pierre-Paul and it's a great off-season.

Agreed on all fronts with this. JPP+One of those guards+Allen+Sirsgusa would be unreal.

Ian Rapoport‏ @RapSheet

#Dolphins expected deal for Julius Thomas is for a 7th in '17. #Jaguars expected deal for Branden Albert if completed is for a '18 late pick

7:24 PM · Feb 20, 2017
Albert is not the answer.
Quote:Albert is not the answer.

What was the question?
Kinda a head scratcher for me.  Beachum did ok last year and is cheaper and younger.  Albert missed 4 games last year and is 32 years old. 

I can dig this more then Thomas being shipped away.. Let's go Tom!
Quote:Kinda a head scratcher for me. Beachum did ok last year and is cheaper and younger. Albert missed 4 games last year and is 32 years old.

The only reason Beachum may hit FA is the amount of years.

4 year option is along time. For a not 100% LT
A 7th rounder for Thomas is terrible.
Quote:A 7th rounder for Thomas is terrible.

He played like a 9th round pick.
Addition by subtraction
He was going to be cut. Everyone knew it.

The fact that the Jags got anything for him is a plus.

Exactly. I didn't like JT's performance last year, but Miami just robbed us. Everyone smiles and acts like this is great lol.
Quote:He was going to be cut. Everyone knew it.

The fact that the Jags got anything for him is a plus.
I'm not a fan of the move but I see your point. I wonder who will be our TE this coming season
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5